By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Move Game Scores are Out?!

well with the kinect having isssues w/ removing some features and the hiking of live subscriptions, i think the ps3 has a very good chance to be very successful, gt5 and killzone 3 lbp2 should be very big. If only I could convince sony to come out with a gt5 lbp2 bundle then i think the year it should finally be would be.... NOW!

well even with those low scores, i think bigger games such as re5 and heavy rain will do much better w/ move vs the casual type, maybe the nxt uncharted would fair better

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

meh, to me they should be rated as sequels as they are mearly sequels to what Wii has already done. Maybe flashier and some more content, but really what is a sequel generally?

Just curious, but did you object to the vast amount of SMG2 high scores?

ohhh good call... But, I do think SMG2 is an entirely different game, not just an facelift.

Guess, I'd have to expand with my dislike of the annual releases of sports games. Which to me is essentially what these games are to their Wii counterparts. No real difference, same freakin game.

As an example, Sports Champions is just a combination of Wii Sports and Resort in HD.oohhhh so awesome!!!!111 nope. Should be more like, "agian?" 6 for lack of originality.

Basically, there's nothing that compels me to Move over what I have on Wii already and that should be reflected in the scores.

Actually it is the same game with more content.

Anyways, check my most recent thread and you will realize that Sports Champions Tennis is nothing like Wii Tennis. I have a Wii, you have a Wii and we can both prove that a simple waggle in any direction = contact in that game.

I am also sure that Wii Sports resort sword fighting is the exact same as complete sword and shield control in Sports Champions...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115392&page=1

Also I agree with annual sports releases. Only ones I support are The Show, since it adds new features, gameplay options, etc... with each release and also the EA NHL series.

sorry but it is just like Wii table tennis in WSR... plus, even if you can 'cheat' with waggle, it doesn't mean you have to. Even Wii Sports Tennis has pitch and full control over where the ball goes if you actually try to play it correctly.

Again, beyond visuals, its the same game and has no original thought to the game. To me what I see with move is the same thing I see with the many 3rd party attempts to copy Wii Sports/Resort/etc.

And wsr could have done the shield too just like Zelda is. It just wasn't important, now sports champions takes the same game and says ummm how about a useless shield option for a game that should focus on the swordplay....

superchunk said:
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

meh, to me they should be rated as sequels as they are mearly sequels to what Wii has already done. Maybe flashier and some more content, but really what is a sequel generally?

Just curious, but did you object to the vast amount of SMG2 high scores?

ohhh good call... But, I do think SMG2 is an entirely different game, not just an facelift.

Guess, I'd have to expand with my dislike of the annual releases of sports games. Which to me is essentially what these games are to their Wii counterparts. No real difference, same freakin game.

As an example, Sports Champions is just a combination of Wii Sports and Resort in HD.oohhhh so awesome!!!!111 nope. Should be more like, "agian?" 6 for lack of originality.

Basically, there's nothing that compels me to Move over what I have on Wii already and that should be reflected in the scores.

Actually it is the same game with more content.

Anyways, check my most recent thread and you will realize that Sports Champions Tennis is nothing like Wii Tennis. I have a Wii, you have a Wii and we can both prove that a simple waggle in any direction = contact in that game.

I am also sure that Wii Sports resort sword fighting is the exact same as complete sword and shield control in Sports Champions...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115392&page=1

Also I agree with annual sports releases. Only ones I support are The Show, since it adds new features, gameplay options, etc... with each release and also the EA NHL series.

sorry but it is just like Wii tennis in WSR... plus, even if you can 'cheat' with waggle, it doesn't mean you have to. Even Wii Sports Tennis has pitch and full control over where the ball goes if you actually try to play it correctly.

Again, beyond visuals, its the same game and has no original thought to the game. To me what I see with move is the same thing I see with the many 3rd party attempts to copy Wii Sports/Resort/etc.

And wsr could have done the shield too just like Zelda is. It just wasn't important, now sports champions takes the same game and says ummm how about a useless shield option for a game that should focus on the swordplay....

Have you even played it?

Boutros said:

Have you even played it?

hence, why it's my opinion. But, motion controls are motion controls.

I've seen enough videos and read enough personal experiences with the devices to know that it works essentially like wmplus. Then you see these sport games and its the same sport just prettier.

you're still swinging your arm in tennis with pitch and angle to make the ball go to where you want... no difference. you're still pulling back your string(arm) and aiming the arrow to account for distance/wind/etc.... no difference. sure there are a couple games no in WS or WSR, but its essentially the identical setup just with a facelift. Its not fundamentally different. Its 98% the same when you remove HD. unoriginal.

superchunk said:

sorry but it is just like Wii table tennis in WSR... plus, even if you can 'cheat' with waggle, it doesn't mean you have to. Even Wii Sports Tennis has pitch and full control over where the ball goes if you actually try to play it correctly.

Shield in Zelda could do 1:1 motion? Never knew my nunchuck could do that. But that is Zelda, not Wii Sports Resort, so what does Zelda have to do with Sports Champions needing to be rated like a Wii Sports Sequel? Now you're just straying off your initial argument.

Having 1:1 control in both hands makes it an entirely different game whether you think so or not. 

I also never knew that Tennis could be played any other way. You can decide how hard you hit, in what direction you hit, if it has downspin or upspin, lobs or is a direct shot, etc...  I haven't done on that with Wii Sports. With WiiSports I can sit on my couch with my arm hanging over the side and just flick in any direction I choose and see the ball finds it's way to my opponent. BIG difference here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Boutros said:

Have you even played it?

I've seen enough videos and read enough personal experiences with the devices to know that it works essentially like wmplus. Then you see these sport games and its the same sport just prettier.

you're still swinging your arm in tennis with pitch and angle to make the ball go to where you want... no difference. you're still pulling back your string(arm) and aiming the arrow to account for distance/wind/etc.... no difference. sure there are a couple games no in WS or WSR, but its essentially the identical setup just with a facelift. Its not fundamentally different. Its 98% the same when you remove HD. unoriginal.

"even if you can 'cheat' with waggle, it doesn't mean you have to. Even Wii Sports Tennis has pitch and full control over where the ball goes if you actually try to play it correctly."

You even admit the main difference here. Kids are going to cheat if they can, and some kids arnt even going to realise if they're playing good or not given how easy it is in WS/R.

Sports Champions by the looks of it looks like it actually requires you to put effort in, that or you lose.

Seece said:
superchunk said:
Boutros said:

Have you even played it?

"even if you can 'cheat' with waggle, it doesn't mean you have to. Even Wii Sports Tennis has pitch and full control over where the ball goes if you actually try to play it correctly."

You even admit the main difference here. Kids are going to cheat if they can, and some kids arnt even going to realise if they're playing good or not given how easy it is in WS/R.

Sports Champions by the looks of it looks like it actually requires you to put effort in, that or you lose.

You dam man!!!

Not to mention, can someone in Wii Sports move their Wiimote behind them and then between their legs to pull off a hard shot? Of course not, the IR sensor will lost the position of the WiiMote the moment it goes behind your back. Any Tennis player knows that hitting like that is natural and happens all the time, so being able to actually do it adds to the experience.

Move can do this. Once again, BIG difference between Tennis experiences. 

Although to be honest, the ability for 2 controllers to do 1:1 motions as compared to just 1 makes this more than just a "sequel" and more on the lines of a DIFFERENT game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

Shield in Zelda could do 1:1 motion? Never knew my nunchuck could do that. But that is Zelda, not Wii Sports Resort, so what does Zelda have to do with Sports Champions needing to be rated like a Wii Sports Sequel? Now you're just straying off your initial argument.

Having 1:1 control in both hands makes it an entirely different game whether you think so or not. 

I also never knew that Tennis could be played any other way. You can decide how hard you hit, in what direction you hit, if it has downspin or upspin, lobs or is a direct shot, etc...  I haven't done on that with Wii Sports. With WiiSports I can sit on my couch with my arm hanging over the side and just flick in any direction I choose and see the ball finds it's way to my opponent. BIG difference here.

Yes 1:1 for two hands is different than only in one hand, but I have yet to see an instance where that was beneficial to these games being mentioned.Certainly isnt' for tennis (any form), golf, (really any ball based sport I can think of), archery, etc, etc.... In fact only sport I can think of where it would improve gameplay is boxing. So yes, I will give you that a boxing game on Move would be a far better experience than one on Wii. However, that doesn't take away the low scores I'd give to the games mentioned, just to a high score given to a quality boxing title.

A shield is really arguable either way. I mentioned zelda because it shows a shield could have been implemented on a 1:1 sword fighting game with the nunchuk had nintendo wanted and movements of a sheild could have been just fine without a 1:1 connection when you consider the real normal use of a sheild.

WS Tennis you can control all that you said and if you do so you will be unbeatable to anyone just waggling. That's the difference between just looking for the easy way out or trying actually master the game and its intended experience.

Seece said:
superchunk said:
Boutros said:

Have you even played it?

... and someone putting effort into Wii Sports Tennis will beat a waggler any day.

Euphoria14 said:

Although to be honest, the ability for 2 controllers to do 1:1 motions as compared to just 1 makes this more than just a "sequel" and more on the lines of a DIFFERENT game.

Name one game in Sport Champions where dual 1:1 controllers makes a better game than somethign already on Wii.

table tennis? nope. same as WSR
volley ball? nope. dont' ball IR woudl be equal WM and nunchuk 1:1
Disc golf? nope. wmplus frisbee game same
Bocce? nope. bowling essentially
Archery? nope? same as wsr
Duel? nope. would be same if wsr had added a shield. (I will give you that utilizing two actual weapons would fit the idea of two move controllers, but that is only one part of this unoriginal game set and I only see shield use anyways)

Same game, infact they left out a lot that exists in wsr/ws.