By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VANQUISH DEMO Impressions thread (Is up on XBL..will be up on PSN soon)!

VANQUISH DEMO Impressions thread (Is up on XBL..will be up on PSN soon)!

0 -- DEMO SUCKED CROCODILES ASS! 22 8.98%

1 -- Should be called Failish not Vanquish 4 1.63%

2 -- Below Average...meh 12 4.90%

3 -- Decent demo...but no... 52 21.22%

4 -- Great demo! 93 37.96%

5 -- BEST DEMO EVAR! 62 25.31%

Total:245

It's up on PSN. (gotta search for it, it's not showing on new releases yet.)

Around the Network

Can't believe this thing still isn't on PSN >_>

I guess I'll just take a shower, waste a few minutes doing nothing and then go to sleep. I'll download this tomorrow :S

Waiting sucks >_<

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Mohasus said:

It's up on PSN. (gotta search for it, it's not showing on new releases yet.)

Lol, WTF? I've just turned off my PS3 :S

Gotta go turn it back on xD

Thank you!

EDIT: Yay! It's there :D

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

I'm giving it a 2. The gameplay is fun and boosting around never gets old. However, the game has a few laughably bad and old conventions that I've long grown tired of. I'm sick of killing a boss just to have it revive and being forced to kill it again. I'm also sick of freaking quicktime events, when there is absolutely no warning one is coming at all, and the game screws you over because you're apparently supposed to be omniscient and know when a quicktime event's coming. It was dumb in The Force Unleashed, and yeah, it's still pretty stupid now. How can this game be so creative, yet use crappy quicktime events? I'm not sure. But the bad outweighs the good for me, and I prefer the Bayonetta demo to this any day of the week. That game had the creativity without the annoyances.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

10/10! I'm so glad this game is turning out to be as awesome as I hoped it would!

Around the Network

I don't want to try it because I'll buy it day one anyway but I give it 5/5!

Wasn't really staying updated on this game but damn....the demo is awesome. The gunplay could be improved abit but it's not too bad. Boosting around all over the place is too much fun : p

If the full game ends up being good I just might get it....

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

themanwithnoname said:

I'm giving it a 2. The gameplay is fun and boosting around never gets old. However, the game has a few laughably bad and old conventions that I've long grown tired of. I'm sick of killing a boss just to have it revive and being forced to kill it again. I'm also sick of freaking quicktime events, when there is absolutely no warning one is coming at all, and the game screws you over because you're apparently supposed to be omniscient and know when a quicktime event's coming. It was dumb in The Force Unleashed, and yeah, it's still pretty stupid now. How can this game be so creative, yet use crappy quicktime events? I'm not sure. But the bad outweighs the good for me, and I prefer the Bayonetta demo to this any day of the week. That game had the creativity without the annoyances.

come on
how do you want to put a missile in a robotic arm without a quicktime event ?
QTE are the way to go for complex unsual action !

@all,

there is a demo gameplay video somewhere on internet
check for it

Time to Work !

Hmm... I really want to love this game, but the demo didn't wow me.  The aesthetic reminds me a bit of another Mikami game, P.N. 03, with some Gunvalkyrie thrown into the gameplay.  These are both things that I approve of, but the weapons and gunplay were more generic than I had anticipated.  I like how much ground you can cover in a single boost bar, but other than that it was unspectacular.

The QTE didn`t bother me, but the first time I did it I totally spun the stick the wrong direction on the second step.  Whoops!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

libellule said:
themanwithnoname said:

come on
how do you want to put a missile in a robotic arm without a quicktime event ?
QTE are the way to go for complex unsual action !

@all,

there is a demo gameplay video somewhere on internet
check for it

Meh. Surely for such a creative game, there could be a more, well, creative solution than going to a QTE. I want to bust my controller every time I miss one. I find them so incredibly annoying, and it makes it feel like the game takes one step forward and then two steps back.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.