By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VANQUISH DEMO Impressions thread (Is up on XBL..will be up on PSN soon)!

VANQUISH DEMO Impressions thread (Is up on XBL..will be up on PSN soon)!

0 -- DEMO SUCKED CROCODILES ASS! 22 8.98%

1 -- Should be called Failish not Vanquish 4 1.63%

2 -- Below Average...meh 12 4.90%

3 -- Decent demo...but no... 52 21.22%

4 -- Great demo! 93 37.96%

5 -- BEST DEMO EVAR! 62 25.31%

Total:245
Slimebeast said:

Based on the demo impressions here sounds like a 85% Meta and 2.5 million copies.

There is no way it will sell that much.

I predict 1.2 million combined after about six months, and that's if it's lucky.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Based on the demo impressions here sounds like a 85% Meta and 2.5 million copies.

I predict 1.2 million combined after about six months, and that's if it's lucky.

Well, Bayonetta is on track to sell around 1.5 million lifetime. Mirror's Edge 2 million. And Vanquish is a shooter.

Dead Space is 2.5 million lifetime. Just Cause 2 is on track to 1.8 million. But Vanquish should get some Japanese sales on top of that.

Demo was fucking awesome.  I love all the different abilities you have, and I love how you can combine them.  Sliding toward an enemy while shooting them in slowmo, then finishing them off with a melee attack is so cool.

My only complaint is the low resolution.  The game's just kinda blurry.

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

That's Lost Planet 2 figures.  I hope it is not doomed to such a fate.

Decent demo.

Good action and I like the style and effects - but miss a jump button and am puzzled by the seemingly useless melee if it drains your power completely.

Bigger But (for me)... story and characters seem lame to me.  I hate the whole US/Russia angle.  The damn thing looks so SF anyway they should simply go the fantasy route and invent two futuristic factions instead.  Also, a cute long legged female and a scarred veteran?  I can't take that kind of cliche that well anymore.

Weapons in demo seemed a bit boring but hints in tutorial of more interesting stuff.

Conlcusion, could be good but I'm concerned that it'll be a little slight as an overall game.  Although, I tend to find DMC and titles like Bayonetta slight too, so if you like those you might want to take my view in this area as out of alignment from a personal taste perspective.

I did like the 'have a quick smoke' gimmick though, that was kind of amusingly over the top.

So, not bad  but not great for me.  Will await reviews and more detail.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

to say im sick of shooters, i still downloaded the game as its not a FIRST PERSON shooter (which im mega sick of) and i actually think its a decent demo, and maybe ill pick it up when theres a game shortage and im not currently playing anything else.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Khuutra said:

Khuutra, you never did say what you thought of the demo did you? Or did I just miss that completely?

Rainbird said:
Khuutra said:

Khuutra, you never did say what you thought of the demo did you? Or did I just miss that completely?

Haven't downloaded it yet. Want to play it on my 360 controller but I'm not a Gold member.

Greatest demo ever!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Reasonable said:

Decent demo.

Good action and I like the style and effects - but miss a jump button and am puzzled by the seemingly useless melee if it drains your power completely.

Bigger But (for me)... story and characters seem lame to me.  I hate the whole US/Russia angle.  The damn thing looks so SF anyway they should simply go the fantasy route and invent two futuristic factions instead.  Also, a cute long legged female and a scarred veteran?  I can't take that kind of cliche that well anymore.

Weapons in demo seemed a bit boring but hints in tutorial of more interesting stuff.

Conlcusion, could be good but I'm concerned that it'll be a little slight as an overall game.  Although, I tend to find DMC and titles like Bayonetta slight too, so if you like those you might want to take my view in this area as out of alignment from a personal taste perspective.

I did like the 'have a quick smoke' gimmick though, that was kind of amusingly over the top.

So, not bad  but not great for me.  Will await reviews and more detail.

Did you also look for a story in bayonetta? it's just filler. And i agree with the melee draing power competely but im guessing you'll get upgrades and such.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!