By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rumor: "Back To The Future" Remake...With Justin Bieber?!?!?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From Examiner:

Justin Bieber to star in 'Back to the Future' remake?

Justin Bieber is one of those celebrities that you either love or loathe. While most people old enough to drive seem to find the You Tube star turned pop singer Bieber to be annoying, his huge base of younger fans has made him a star.

Which might be why his newest rumored project might be taking on the Michael J. Fox role in a new reboot of the "Back To The Future" movie franchise.

Several British tabloids are reporting that Bieber is being considered for the starring role in the remake, assuming that "he is capable of acting at that level." When Fox took on the original role, he had a hit TV series ("Family Ties") and several hit movies under his belt.

Bieber is younger than Fox was when he starred in the first "Future" movie, and if took the role it would be written to reflect his younger age. "The most important part of the film is the time travel aspects," said one unnamed film executive. "In fact, some of the plot works better with a younger character."

The biggest problem with the idea might be that the three "Future" films are well-made and fondly remembered by audiences. Even if the remake does make it to the screen, odds are that it will face the same box-office fate as the recent remake of "The Karate Kid."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's..... not such a good idea

Around the Network

o.....kay, I just had a twiching sensation in my stomach.

Oh dear god no

In the history of horrendous Hollywood hogwash, this horrible hack should stay the hell away from my beloved franchise

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well just in case we all vomit at the idea.. this will make you feel alll better:

Great, we have another golden 80s movie ruined. First Karate Kid, now this!

Around the Network

Don't worry people, it said "if he is capable of acting at this level". He would suck ass at acting so we have nothing to worry about.

200K person will give it 1 star in IMDB...

I thought the new karate kid was pretty good.

but this back to future crap? no thanks

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Funny, I just watched part 1 last night with my children, first time for them and billionth for me, and they loved it. They demanded I record part 2 which aired tonight and I'll also watch part 3 tomorrow. I am sure they'll love all three. However, this movie is not dated like Karate Kid and does not need to be redone. On top of that, Beiber is a horrible choice as at least Karate Kid was redone with quality actors for the main roles. Beiber has NO acting experience and while he may be a good entertainer to many, they would do much better with a far better child actor than he.

and folks wonder why the film industry is crashing, Fox needs to change up some crap because they keep ruining every property they have.