By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you think GTA 4 is overrated then you should play Mafia 2

Once you play Mafia 2 and loose the sense of 'oh cool a new game' feel you quickly find out why GTA 4 is the best sandbox game.

1. No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... without it the  shooting is tedious.

2. You die super fast... I mean seriously, how the hell is this fun?

3. Big world with nothing to do, no side missions, and nothing to spend your money on. Unless you consider buying visual upgrades for your car something, even then its limited...

4. The buggy ass game, i encountered several bugs, for instance i owe some guy $2000 and im supposed to sell this car to a shop, so i sell it and the asshole only gives me $1950, so $50 short and i cant pay the fucker, and no there are no side jobs available... So im glitched.... Guess who has to restart the game?

5. Your in a mob, buy you cant extort shops like in godfather. It spent hours takng over shops in Godfather 2 and defending them, it gave a sense of really being in the mob.

6. No strangers to talk to, no cool pysics like GTA 4...

Around the Network

lol read dead is the best sandbox game. as for gta4 is the worst game i ever played, the health bar is ridiculous and stupid, the auto aim is bad and the cover system retarted, its too easy, you have money but have nothing to spend it on, many glitches, stupid police, and the physics are bad. 

ofcourse its my opinion but theirs on thing which is true read dead(side missions)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gta4.

do you know what overrated means? gta4 has 98 metacritic while it deserved an 8. mafia 2 has probably high 70s low 80s metacritic and it deserves that.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

lol read dead is the best sandbox game. as for gta4 is the worst game i ever played, the health bar is ridiculous and stupid, the auto aim is bad and the cover system retarted, its too easy, you have money but have nothing to spend it on, many glitches, stupid police, and the physics are bad. 

ofcourse its my opinion but theirs on thing which is true read dead(side missions)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gta4.

do you know what overrated means? gta4 has 98 metacritic while it deserved an 8. mafia 2 has probably high 70s low 80s metacritic and it deserves that.

I forgot about Red Dead Redemption, dang..

If you play Mafia 2 you quickly realise why RDR and GTA4 deserve the scores they got.

You forgot:

Garnett said:
zgamer5 said:

I forgot about Red Dead Redemption, dang..

If you play Mafia 2 you quickly realise why RDR and GTA4 deserve the scores they got.

im not saying mafia 2 is better then gta4 but out of all games released in the history of the video game industry gta4 is the most overrated. it doesnt deserve 98. mafia 2 had a good story solid gameplay and ok graphics it does deserve around a 78. i dont know what is its metacritic but it surely isnt 98.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

You forgot:

you are officialy the funniest person on vgchartz, passing the legendary nikkom, unless darths lies/lame jokes about rolstopabble being funny and you being his padawan are true.

I haven't played Mafia 2 but Read Dead Redemption or even Infamous are far better sandbox games then GTA4 imo.

I was actually thinking about picking Mafia 2 up, but these comments don't sound at all encouraging.

zgamer5 said:
badgenome said:

You forgot:

you are officialy the funniest person on vgchartz, passing the legendary nikkom, unless darths lies/lame jokes about rolstopabble being funny and you being his padawan are true.

I forgot about RDR....mmm

I used to take GTA4 for granted, until i played Mafia 2. THen i realise how good GTA4 is.

I actually liked Godfather better, even though reviewers seem to hate it. It felt just like good, casual fun. I actually liked going around the cities whereas in Mafia II you only do it because you have to and it gets really tiring after a while. In Godfather I liked attacking civilians and cops just for fun but you can't do that in Mafia because you are much weaker. Mafia II does have a much more engaging story though, and the game has a much more 'serious' and realistic feel.

GTA4 was a travesty.

I doubt Mafia is worse.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey