By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The MYTH of American Islamophobia

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

When Muslim fanatics kill Americans (after, say, the Fort Hood slaughter) a reflexive response from the Obama administration is to fret over anti-Islamic backlash.

Obama and Co. automatically proclaim that such orchestrated terrorist attacks are “isolated” events. But when it comes to mainstream Americans, veterans, ObamaCare opponents or (shudder) tea partiers, there’s no generalization too broad or too insulting for the left.

This x1000.

That's the second time today you've made this implication that the left is guilty of something that the right isn't. I'm certainly not fabricating the people walking around with signs saying "Islam Kills."

Yes, and...? Many of the very same people who say that no one should care about the location of this mosque because all Muslims can't be blamed for the actions of a few, and who have no problem with the ridiculous assertion that the Fort Hood shooter, the Christmas Day underwear bomber, and the would be Times Square bomber are all "isolated incidents", are very eager to blame everyone on "the other side" for the actions of one man who attacked his cab driver.

I mean, I'm not shocked or anything. Calling people racists and bigots is all the left ever seems to do. That's why with all the hullabaloo about the "racist" tea party, all I can ever think about is how Obama's surrogates smeared the Clintons and Geraldine Ferraro of all people as racists during the primary (post-racial president, my aching ass). Sure, bigots exist, but the left has been the boy who cried wolf for a long time now.

Hypocrisy at its greatest, huh?  Probably paid for with tax payer's money, no doubt.  I mean who knew you could disagree with a black guy for more reasons than him just being black?  Am I right?

Around the Network

For crying out loud, we need to build this mosque. Not building it is just providing fuel to the terrorists who say America hates Islam. We let them win this way.

nobodyspecial said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

When Muslim fanatics kill Americans (after, say, the Fort Hood slaughter) a reflexive response from the Obama administration is to fret over anti-Islamic backlash.

Obama and Co. automatically proclaim that such orchestrated terrorist attacks are “isolated” events. But when it comes to mainstream Americans, veterans, ObamaCare opponents or (shudder) tea partiers, there’s no generalization too broad or too insulting for the left.

This x1000.

That's the second time today you've made this implication that the left is guilty of something that the right isn't. I'm certainly not fabricating the people walking around with signs saying "Islam Kills."

But Islam does kill, the Koran instructs muslims to kill:

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." (Sura  9:5)

Sura 2:187-189 “And kill them wherever ye shall find them, and eject them from whatever place they have ejected you; for civil discord is worse than carnage: yet attack them not at the sacred Mosque, unless they attack you therein; but if they attack you, slay them. Such the reward of the infidels."

But they shouldn't kill one of their own who has killed a "kafir":

“No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir (infidel).”(Hadith vol. 9:50)

However if a muslim stops being a muslim then they're fair game:

“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.”  (Hadith 9:45; 84.2.57.)

And the Bible instructs Christians to stone disobedient children. Moderates of both religions know what rules not to follow.

Xbbjf9s said:
nobodyspecial said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Pharaoh said:
theprof00 said:
Pharaoh said:
theprof00 said:
Pharaoh said:

How quickly people forget 9/11.  I'll never forget the whole Muslim world celebrating this on TV and in print media.  It was a badge of honor and rallying cry.  Label me as a "right wing nutjob", you are not building a mosque anywhere around ground zero.  You can argue sensibly that this mosque is open to everyone and its a symbol of peace, its bullshit.  Its going to be spit in the face of America.  Muslims around the world will flock to this mosque to praise at their "greatest accomplishment". 

This kind of reaction is what makes muslims think we are afraid of them.

"Greatest accomplishment"

We brought the modern world to it's knees. We created the industrial revolution. Our tech and cutting edge products advance humanity further than it has ever gone. Our medical and warfare are bar none the top in the world. Our average citizens live like GODS.

Let them build their mosque. We are such a great nation, that they will never rival us. Constructing a 100m $ mosque on our land is exactly what makes our country the #1 place in the world. Look at the statue of liberty, "give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free." Construction of the mosque will create jobs and it will keep kids off the street. This is the foundation of american principle. 

We aren't afraid of them, its the point of not letting them "win".  Everyone knows we could roll through all their countries whenever we wanted, its not about our supremacy.   If they build this, it will be a victory for them.  I remember 9/11 very vividly, I was about to fly out of Newark when it happened.  I don't care if the people building it aren't connected in anyway with the terroists.  Its still spit in the face of every family and every American.

And yet while they spit in our face, they will be buying our music, watching our movies, and buying our food, while our soldiers liberate their countries and providing food and shelter to their refuges.

Yes, but they can do that anyway regardless.  That's not the point.  Its the point of building a mosque near Ground Zero.  That's the point.  We(pretty much every american I think the poll numbers are above 70%) don't want this.  You can build it anywhere you want, just not there.  That's the point. 

The people building this mosque can see that THE WHOLE COUNTRY doesn't want them to build it YET they continue to do so. THE ONLY issue here is that people(the pundits, liberal newsman) say that we(americans) are intolerate because we don't want them to build the mosque.  BUT the fact is that this muslims are the ones that are being intolerate and insensitive to every american.  They are the ones being intolerant and insensitive. 

Why do Muslims get the free pass?  WHY?  We can't draw Mohammed because it offends them, BUT they can build a mosque right next to where they killed our friends, family, mothers, sons and daughters, and I AM supposed to feel ashamed.  WHY are they the victims??

Polls are bs, they call landlines and totally forget those who just have cell phones. They didn't kill anyone extremists calling themselves muslims did, if you knew anything about the religion you would know that killing buildings full of people doesn't get you all those sexy virgins.

I suppose Nazis didn't kill anyone either then? It was obviously just extremists calling themselves Nazis...

sigh whatever, extremists take something and take it beyond what it should. When you warp something to fit your agenda you are not what you say you are (the crusaders weren't christians).

The Crusaders were Christians and they were trying to protect the world from Islam. No doubt all sorts of horrible things happened however that was 1000 years ago when life was generally more brutal, plus although the Crusaders were fighting in the name of Christianity Jesus never said you should kill for him whereas Mohammed did. The agenda of Islam is to implement sharia law whever it goes and ultimately dominate the world by any means necessary, it's actually "moderates" and the politically correct morons that are warping it to pretend it's "the religion of peace". It's only the religion of peace once all have submitted and those that refused are dead.

nobodyspecial said:
Xbbjf9s said:
nobodyspecial said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Pharaoh said:
theprof00 said:
Pharaoh said:
theprof00 said:
Pharaoh said:

How quickly people forget 9/11.  I'll never forget the whole Muslim world celebrating this on TV and in print media.  It was a badge of honor and rallying cry.  Label me as a "right wing nutjob", you are not building a mosque anywhere around ground zero.  You can argue sensibly that this mosque is open to everyone and its a symbol of peace, its bullshit.  Its going to be spit in the face of America.  Muslims around the world will flock to this mosque to praise at their "greatest accomplishment". 

This kind of reaction is what makes muslims think we are afraid of them.

"Greatest accomplishment"

We brought the modern world to it's knees. We created the industrial revolution. Our tech and cutting edge products advance humanity further than it has ever gone. Our medical and warfare are bar none the top in the world. Our average citizens live like GODS.

Let them build their mosque. We are such a great nation, that they will never rival us. Constructing a 100m $ mosque on our land is exactly what makes our country the #1 place in the world. Look at the statue of liberty, "give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free." Construction of the mosque will create jobs and it will keep kids off the street. This is the foundation of american principle. 

We aren't afraid of them, its the point of not letting them "win".  Everyone knows we could roll through all their countries whenever we wanted, its not about our supremacy.   If they build this, it will be a victory for them.  I remember 9/11 very vividly, I was about to fly out of Newark when it happened.  I don't care if the people building it aren't connected in anyway with the terroists.  Its still spit in the face of every family and every American.

And yet while they spit in our face, they will be buying our music, watching our movies, and buying our food, while our soldiers liberate their countries and providing food and shelter to their refuges.

Yes, but they can do that anyway regardless.  That's not the point.  Its the point of building a mosque near Ground Zero.  That's the point.  We(pretty much every american I think the poll numbers are above 70%) don't want this.  You can build it anywhere you want, just not there.  That's the point. 

The people building this mosque can see that THE WHOLE COUNTRY doesn't want them to build it YET they continue to do so. THE ONLY issue here is that people(the pundits, liberal newsman) say that we(americans) are intolerate because we don't want them to build the mosque.  BUT the fact is that this muslims are the ones that are being intolerate and insensitive to every american.  They are the ones being intolerant and insensitive. 

Why do Muslims get the free pass?  WHY?  We can't draw Mohammed because it offends them, BUT they can build a mosque right next to where they killed our friends, family, mothers, sons and daughters, and I AM supposed to feel ashamed.  WHY are they the victims??

Polls are bs, they call landlines and totally forget those who just have cell phones. They didn't kill anyone extremists calling themselves muslims did, if you knew anything about the religion you would know that killing buildings full of people doesn't get you all those sexy virgins.

I suppose Nazis didn't kill anyone either then? It was obviously just extremists calling themselves Nazis...

sigh whatever, extremists take something and take it beyond what it should. When you warp something to fit your agenda you are not what you say you are (the crusaders weren't christians).

The Crusaders were Christians and they were trying to protect the world from Islam. No doubt all sorts of horrible things happened however that was 1000 years ago when life was generally more brutal, plus although the Crusaders were fighting in the name of Christianity Jesus never said you should kill for him whereas Mohammed did. The agenda of Islam is to implement sharia law whever it goes and ultimately dominate the world by any means necessary, it's actually "moderates" and the politically correct morons that are warping it to pretend it's "the religion of peace". It's only the religion of peace once all have submitted and those that refused are dead.

No they weren't.  They were Christians who realized war was ALWAYS beneficial to the agressor and ALWAYS damaging to the defender, so they needed to export their war to another place allied, so they didn't get stuck in constant warfare vs each other.

Religions have always changed for political will.

It's really far beyond the point and not worth debating though since there are flaws on a much more basic level with building said thing there.

Around the Network
Tigerlure said:

For crying out loud, we need to build this mosque. Not building it is just providing fuel to the terrorists who say America hates Islam. We let them win this way.

We're not fueling any fires for terrorists.  They have all the fuel they need, we're not them.  That simple fact is what fuels their hate and cause.  And nothing we do will stop that hate, because without hate they lose their cause.  Without their cause, they lose power.  And they will see no victory until all "infidels" are either dead or converted.

Tigerlure said:

<sarcasm>Yeah, the last thing ISLAMIC terrorists want is more mosques built.</sarcasm>

nobodyspecial said:
Tigerlure said:

<sarcasm>Yeah, the last thing ISLAMIC terrorists want is more mosques built.</sarcasm>

well like it or not there really isn't a way to stop it and with the mayor in favor of this (or so i've heard) it's gonna happen. I'm not saying you have to be happy about it but this is something that is going to happen.

thismeintiel said:
Tigerlure said:

We're not fueling any fires for terrorists.  They have all the fuel they need, we're not them.  That simple fact is what fuels their hate and cause.  And nothing we do will stop that hate, because without hate they lose their cause.  Without their cause, they lose power.  And they will see no victory until all "infidels" are either dead or converted.

You're missing the point. This isn't for the terrorists themselves. This is for all the wanna-be radical Islam terrorists. They see America fighting over a mosque and the religion of Islam, and they use this incident to say America hates Islam, which allows them to recruit more people as a persuasion tactic, saying America will try to destroy Islam.

Rath said:
nobodyspecial said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

This x1000.

But Islam does kill, the Koran instructs muslims to kill:

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." (Sura  9:5)

Sura 2:187-189 “And kill them wherever ye shall find them, and eject them from whatever place they have ejected you; for civil discord is worse than carnage: yet attack them not at the sacred Mosque, unless they attack you therein; but if they attack you, slay them. Such the reward of the infidels."

But they shouldn't kill one of their own who has killed a "kafir":

“No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir (infidel).”(Hadith vol. 9:50)

However if a muslim stops being a muslim then they're fair game:

“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.”  (Hadith 9:45; 84.2.57.)

And the Bible instructs Christians to stone disobedient children. Moderates of both religions know what rules not to follow.

How many Christians have stoned disobedient children because they read it in the Bible? (Or at all for that matter, lol!) And how many muslims have killed "kuffar"? Besides, did Jesus say to stone disobedient children? I don't know if you're a muslim or not but if you're not then why are you defending a cult that ultimately wants to kill you if you won't convert? Because if you don't have a problem with Islam then you can't have a problem if your country becomes islamic and if your country becomes islamic then it's more likely than not that it will have sharia law and if it has sharia law then your life expectancy is severely endangered if you're not and refuse to become a muslim.