By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "New IP, not rival battle, is our barometer of success"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

SOny imho brought out the best new IP's this gen and they are not done yet either...

Horizon and Sorcery is my next most anticipated new IPs from them and I'm sure I'm forgetting few

ps: Forgot the Journey as well ;)

Good mindset to have as well and from the current and upcoming line up of games they have, it's the right mindset to have too

horizon??? i never see that game !!!

am i missing something good ?

Horizon is the project Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain) is working on right now.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hynad said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

SOny imho brought out the best new IP's this gen and they are not done yet either...

Horizon and Sorcery is my next most anticipated new IPs from them and I'm sure I'm forgetting few

Good mindset to have as well and from the current and upcoming line up of games they have, it's the right mindset to have too

must be excelent like the others , i want to see something on TGS

Very doubtful you'll see a reveal of it at TGS.  Expect one at an European or American game convention or exposition.

My best bet would be next year's E3.

Hynad said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep and I remember reading (don't think it was a rumor tho :S ) that the game will revolve around two people...the whole idea sounded like a romance/drama based novel come to life...I CAN't WAIT

oh yea ask CGI for any info on it....CGI = Big fan of Cage :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

man Sony has created some of the best IP's this gen(IMO) can't wait to see their other projects

CGI-Quality said:

Horizon info will be here soon. I have it covered.

most shocking news of the day :P But yea I look forward to it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

He said: "There are a whole number of metrics we could measure success by, but for me on a worldwide studios side of things, there's nothing more gratifying than when we break new IPs - innovative games we bring to PlayStation fans.:

He said that it was gratifying but he didn't say that it was their barometer of success. Read it again.

Tease.

I can think of 7 new IP's right now I've bought from SONY this gen. I can think of 5 right now that I plan to buy that haven't released yet. I'm not even including PSN titles.

If there's one thing SONY's doing right this gen is quality new IP's.

It's always great to hear the successes of new IP's by 1st parties that do not necessarily cater to the masses.  This helps keep gaming fresh especially for the hardcore which is whom developers need to ensure that their need are met first.  With that being said, I'm so sick of the asinine argument from some on this site who claim something along the lines of "SONY doesn't care about gaming like Microsoft does.  They let their 3rd party exclusives go.  Microsoft care more because they use their money to buy them."  Of course this twisted logic comes from the typical 360 acolyte.  Excuse me.  Last time I check if you can create something that belongs to you, it will allow you to take ownership and contribute what you have for the greater good.  That doesn't mean that every new 1st party IP will be a financially successful quality game.  What it does mean is that there will be more to offer to the gamers.  And what about new 3rd party IP's for the PS3 such as 3D Dot game Heroes, Demons Souls, and Valkyria Profile?  All of them have been successful in their own right.  But more back on topic, It's good to see SONY working on new IP's, and it's good to see them succeed. 

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Is The Last Guardian a new IP?

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:

Is The Last Guardian a new IP?

Technically, yes. They said it wasn't a sequel to SotC or Ico, but took place in the same universe (similar with FFvXIII and FFXIII).

Ok because last time jarrod was telling me that a new IP needs to be a whole new universe.

For example, he said Folklore isn't a new IP because it's in the same world as a very obscure game on the PSP (I don't remember what it was).

I think it's pretty silly. That's why I prefer the word franchise over IP.