By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter IV Unveiled

@ Fazz, I agree the contrast with Ryu and the background is too big. But then again you have to see this game in motion to judge this style of graphics. Animation has always been very high in the SF series.

But I disagree about the controlls. They could easily implement motion controlls and let you choose between classic or motion controlls. It's easy enough to figure out a way to replace the 6 buttons. A possible motion controll could be:

- the analog stick for moving back and forth obviously
- Holding the pointer up to perform high attacks, hold the pointer higher to speed up
- Holding the pointer down to perform low attacks, hold the pointer lower to speed up
- Holding the pointer level for straight attacks, punch or slam or whatever with the wiimote to start a special move etc...
- A for punches
- B for kicks
- pull Z to grab and waggle to throw

Just saying, it could work.

Around the Network

Too much focus on which system guys and not enough on how much this game could rock. Having said that, my two cents. Wii could easily handle that screen shot (doesn't look better than FF:CC IMO) but since they are keeping very traditional (2d gameplay, 6 button control) I don't see it coming to Wii. Doing a Wii version would necessity waggle control and that'd be tacked on and not 'great'. Although I just got DBZ:BT3 and it does a great job with waggle, but it lends itself better to it too.

I'm glad they are going 3d/2d route and not changing up a great formula.

I want all the original caste from Street Fighter 2 Turbo to come back.

the official SF4 details just came in:

http://www.thebitbag.com/index.php/2007/12/06/full-street-fighter-iv-details-just-released/

Joemanji kicked me :((

Time to Work !

Around the Network

there is the classic controller on wii or even the cube controller. if they make this then i wonder if the MK series will get a lift from this which has been suggested alot. meaning 2d gameplay with the 3d style graphics but i suggested this to ed boon of mk. 3d characters like in the latest versions but gameplay of mk2 and then for fatalities it goes full 3d. this sf could be great.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

what i don't get is how am i the first person to mention this?!?  why the hell does he have such a well defined boner?!!??!?

fazz said:
This won't be on the Wii... but not because the graphics. The Wii could handle that easily. Sure, it makes the untrained eye say "wow", but if you analyze it closely you'll notice that Ryu is the only thing detailed in that screen. The floor looks flat, the people on the background look plain, and the textures are not exactly what we could call "high-res".

It won't be on the Wii because the controller. The PS3/X360 have the needed controller by default. Everyone that owns those consoles owns the needed controller. On the Wii is not the same. Also... PC version? Come on. Don't you remember the Street Fighter II port to PC? :P

Well I mentioned the PC as a joke.  But they did release two versions of Street Fighter II for the PC. One that was crap, and the other that looked just like the arcade.

oh, and as far as which consol. i'd love to see it come to the wii but i'm doubtful it will. oh sure, this isn't the most detailed picture in the world but the way it is cut i'm guessing it's only showing you about 1/8 of the screen since he's not centered in the picture well. match that with the more difficult controller configuration, no guarentee the wii owner has a classic controller, and the fact that capcom probably doesn't think street fighter matches the demographic of the wii owners i just don't see it. maybe as a port later in it's life time but i just doubt it comes to the wii. go nintendo go!!

The official release says:

"The traditional six-button controls for the game will return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Mixing tried-and-true classic moves and techniques with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter 4 brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over."

Imput system?  Oldly worded.  Makes me wonder if it IS coming to Wii.  It's 2d so they could use just the wiimote sideways.  Technically that would have 6 (somewhat ackwardly placed) buttons (A,B,1,2,+,-) plus a motion 'imput system'.  Probably not, but that wording really makes me wonder.