By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Months Have Passed, Dust Settled; Rate FFXIII!

Months Have Passed, Dust Settled; Rate FFXIII!

Best game ever! 12 3.51%

Best FF game ever! 21 6.14%

Good, but not my favorite FF game. 114 33.33%

Decent, but lots of better RPGs out there. 88 25.73%

Bad. It isn't enjoyable. 48 14.04%

Awful. A waste of money and time. 59 17.25%

Total:342
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

Lol at all the amazings, I thought it was fun then slowly I realized everything was just the same. Cutscene, Grind, Run past eneimes,Mini-Boss, run past enemies, Custscene, Boss. Repeat.

...that's THE common patern in JRPGs.

No it isn't. Play Opoona, Golden Sun, Secret of Mana, etc.

Play all FFs (other than FF11 of course) and all Dragon Quest and all SMT and most JRPGs actually and you'll see that they all have a similar structure.

I said the "common" patern, not the only patern.

Around the Network

Good but could have been better also. It took too much time to be able to use whole battle system, Story was pretty messy and dialog was usually cheesy as hell. I also hated vanille with passion. Enjoyable game but not at FFX level (only other mainline FF game that I have completed)

Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

Lol at all the amazings, I thought it was fun then slowly I realized everything was just the same. Cutscene, Grind, Run past eneimes,Mini-Boss, run past enemies, Custscene, Boss. Repeat.

Play all FFs (other than FF11 of course) and all Dragon Quest and all SMT and most JRPGs actually and you'll see that they all have a similar structure.

Yeah, I edited my post a few minutes ago. Just because it's common doesn't mean it's good. In fact, it only reinstates the fact FFXIII is nothing new, just a bare bones JRPG stripped down to a boring mess.

Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

Except most don't have auto battle buttons and straight forward hallways.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

Yeah, I edited my post a few minutes ago. Just because it's common doesn't mean it's good. In fact, it only reinstates the fact FFXIII is nothing new, just a bare bones JRPG stripped down to a boring mess.

except for the ones he listed FF, DQ, and SMT are some of the most highly regarded among JRPG fans

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

Except most don't have auto battle buttons and straight forward hallways.

you should play X-2 all kind of minigames and random things to do. :P you can go anywhere all game :D

OT, probably my 4th favorite final fantasy behind 7,8,10-2 And second favorite game this gen behind TWEWY

I'd give it a 9

It was a good FF experience, but there are quite a few better JRPG's this gen.

All in all, I rank it as my 6th favourite FF.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Its not the best jRPG out there, but its a very solid one. I guess some of the extreme negative critic are from people that usually dont play jRPG to begin with.

Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
chocoloco said:
Wagram said:
chocoloco said:

The RPG that will make you give up on RPGs. Yes all say it again in every thread that asks.

Nah. That's Fable. I can't even believe I paid money for that garbage. I will actually pay someone to get it out of my house. I'll throw in the 2nd for free.

Anyways. It's a great RPG and FF game. But it isn't my favorite and there are better RPGs out there.

Dude, I am glad we agree I hate fable with a passion too!!! The gamplay was so simple. Also I should correct my statement I meant the game that will make you quite JRPGS.

I might as well throw in my opinion here.

Fable is the best WRPG I have ever played and one of the best game last gen.

Guess you haven't played Witcher yet. 

As for this thread: Decent, but lots of better RPGs out there

I played a lot of WRPGs. Fable is still on top.

Bro, it is a fact that the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion tops that game any day. Just try to prove me wrong!!!: :)

thelifatree said:
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
A Bad Clown said:

except for the ones he listed FF, DQ, and SMT are some of the most highly regarded among JRPG fans

Old FFs and all DQs are not boring linear and townless grind fests. That only belongs to the run of the mill JRPGs, like FFXIII