By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Xbox360 sales hit 14 million, PS3 just below 7 million"

Xbox360 sales hit 14 million, PS3 just below 7 million

After 2 years on the market for Xbox360 and 1 year for PS3, worldwide sales for the consoles sit at around 14 million and 7 million respectively.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Xbox360_sales_hit_14_million_PS3_just_below_7_million

Around the Network

page not found..

mM

I wonder how much the PS3 will have afther 2 years ... I bet that it will have at least 16 million in the same time :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I wonder how much the PS3 will have afther 2 years ... I bet that it will have at least 16 million in the same time :)

i bet not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

so it will be something like :

16M vs 8.5M at the end of the year,

so the "11M by the end of march08" may be still possible for sony ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Thats pretty good going for Sony, especially considering how they looked around the start of the year. I can really only see good things ahead.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

@ Kirby007

You're saying it can't sell eight million units next year?

@ Bladeneo

I concur

kirby007 said:
hunter_alien said:

i bet not

I think they can pull it off easily :P Sony's got a pretty strong line-up next year, coupled with the 399 price point I see them not only hitting 16 mil EASILY, I'd actually bet a bit more :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

You forget there's zero homebrew and "backup loading" (ha, ha euphemisms) for the ps3. That's bigger than what you think.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

libellule said:
so it will be something like :

16M vs 8.5M at the end of the year,

so the "11M by the end of march08" may be still possible for sony ...

No because sony is saying to sell 11 million in the fiscal year. Thats 14 and something million total. So they are quite a ways off

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.