By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 48 Best games of 2008 - Gamepro.com

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/international/games/features/151148.shtml

Top 48 games that Gamepro is looking forward too.. I don't completly agree with some of the choices or the order of how their ranked.. but a good list anyways.

Also interesting that only 8 exclusives for the PS3 made the list, similar(7 + GTA episodic content) to the number of games being released on the 360 or 360/PC only.

Maybe the PS3 line up for 2008 isn't has great as some would preach??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

48...why not 50?

The fact that Frontlines? or Midnight Club got higher than Brawl almost made stop reading the list.

BUT LISTEN PEOPLE. Their number 7 game is Left 4 Dead, and RIGHTFULLY SO! Brawl should be near the top, but so should Left 4 Dead, and at least they got that right! Argh! BUY LEFT 4 DEAD!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

well Ps3 has MOST exclusives in top 10

so maybe it is as great as they preached

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

judging by the Master Chief that pops up in the login box, and the general pick of games i would call bias, and i pretty much think they shoved Wii Fit/ Mario Kart and SSB in to make some lame attempt to appear not so.

I played a midnight club game on the PS2, and it was terrible.... when i got to Burnout in that list, and read stuff about it being a free-run around type game where you search for random races etc i actually thought about MC and decided Burnout went the wrong route.....so i laughed when the actual game was in the list.

Around the Network

It's a crappy list...and I bet Left 4 Dead is only there because it's another 360 shooter.

But it's not just another shooter! It's a good game, and don't overlook it! PC version will be the best of course.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

that list is a joke--only like three wii games made the list...what about no more heros, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting

@ben--agreed i figured that would be up in at least top 10

Gran turismo got lower on this list then Midnight club. Resident evil and Silent hill were just in the 40's and yet Alan wake, a game they admit to knowing little about is at 17 and that game can only be enjoyed if you like games like Silent hill according to this crappy list......

This is why I never trust the opinions of these mayor game websites. I'll stick to making up my own mind at Gamershell.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Yeah if you could make a new list, that would be great.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

mmeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament