By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

thelifatree said:

when is this playable in the game, do you have to beat it etc? or not sure because you already beat it when you loaded it... I reformatted my computer... without keeping the save files. And I'm finishing the first game again. with a new character (yes I know I can get the save files online, but it's more fun this way)

I imagine you need to get at least to Ilium.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
marciosmg said:
Khuutra said:

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-mens-tshirts/me2-enkindle-this-tee

I thought that this was worth sharing. Because it is worth sharing.

Three more days until Lair of the Shadow Broker, guys. Get pumped!

I'll be playing through it on Insanity - first time as a Vanguard, then as an Adept. After that I'll be incorporating it into all future playthroughs.

How many DLC is there for ME2?

Are all of them missions or is it mostly weapons, armor, etc?

Currently there are three mission packs - four if you count Firewalker - with a fifth coming on Tuesday. Two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and Kasumi's Stotlen Memory) include new characters, two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and the Firewalker Pack) are free with new copies of ME2. You have to pay for Overlord and Kasumi's Stolen Memory, and Lair of the Shadow Broker will be pay-only as well.

There are quite a few weapon packs, though Kasumi's Stolen Memory comes with a great submachine gun. There's the Firepower pack (with three of the best guns in the game), the Aegis pack comes with some great armor and a snazzy Sniper Rifle.... there's even a few Alternate Costume Packs for your squadmates, but I can't imagine those being worth the money.

And apart from the free ones noone of those DLC is worth their price. Zaeed and Kasumi are bad jokes - you can't even talk with those characters like with the rest of the crew. Additional weapons /armor DLC is horse armor all over again.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

Currently there are three mission packs - four if you count Firewalker - with a fifth coming on Tuesday. Two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and Kasumi's Stotlen Memory) include new characters, two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and the Firewalker Pack) are free with new copies of ME2. You have to pay for Overlord and Kasumi's Stolen Memory, and Lair of the Shadow Broker will be pay-only as well.

There are quite a few weapon packs, though Kasumi's Stolen Memory comes with a great submachine gun. There's the Firepower pack (with three of the best guns in the game), the Aegis pack comes with some great armor and a snazzy Sniper Rifle.... there's even a few Alternate Costume Packs for your squadmates, but I can't imagine those being worth the money.

And apart from the free ones noone of those DLC is worth their price. Zaeed and Kasumi are bad jokes - you can't even talk with those characters like with the rest of the crew. Additional weapons /armor DLC is horse armor all over again.

I'd argue that most of the DLC is worth its price so far, though it's naturally a variable value proposition. Zaeed and Kasumi have as much recorded dialogue as everyone else, and always have comments on missions as you do them and afterwad, which is nice. The only thing they lack is conversation trees - alleviated, to a degree, by tem being such utter bad-ass in combat.

I'll agree that the Appearance Packs are a good analogy for Horse Armor, but the weapon packs are anything but. The Firepower Pack in particular is bot very fun and very useful in the weapons it provides, broadening the scope of combat options for every singl class. Kasumi's DLC coming with the best SMG in the game isn't bad either.

Overlord and - moreso - Lair of th Shadow Broker are especially woth the price, but I'd argue that kasumi is also a very good investment. Zaeed of course is a much better investment. Since he's free, and all.

Khuutra said:
Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

I'd argue that most of the DLC is worth its price so far, though it's naturally a variable value proposition. Zaeed and Kasumi have as much recorded dialogue as everyone else, and always have comments on missions as you do them and afterwad, which is nice. The only thing they lack is conversation trees - alleviated, to a degree, by tem being such utter bad-ass in combat.

I'll agree that the Appearance Packs are a good analogy for Horse Armor, but the weapon packs are anything but. The Firepower Pack in particular is bot very fun and very useful in the weapons it provides, broadening the scope of combat options for every singl class. Kasumi's DLC coming with the best SMG in the game isn't bad either.

Overlord and - moreso - Lair of th Shadow Broker are especially woth the price, but I'd argue that kasumi is also a very good investment. Zaeed of course is a much better investment. Since he's free, and all.

Which precisely is why they are half assed money grab effort.

Interaction with other characters is what makes Bioware games great, we have none of this for those characters. What's even more cheap trick is giving those half-assed characters kick ass stats so you are tempted to spend money into easy mode.

Asking us to pay for more weapons is rediculus when we have 2-3 weapons in each weapon class in game. That;s like MacDonald selling us coffe half empty with special offer to make it full for few cents more :)

Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

Interaction with other characters is what makes Bioware games great, we have none of this for those characters. What's even more cheap trick is giving those half-assed characters kick ass stats so you are tempted to spend money into easy mode.

Asking us to pay for more weapons is rediculus when we have 2-3 weapons in each weapon class in game. That;s like MacDonald selling us coffe half empty with special offer to make it full for few cents more :)

They're bad-asses, but they're also balanced; they just fill out tactical holes that had been there previously.

There's plenty of conversation between characters involving them. They have more in-mission dialogue (even in regular missions) than any other characters in the game.

Using Kasumi and Zaeed doesn't make the game into easy mode. Neither does the Firepower Pack.

The Eviscerator is free but it filled a much-needed gap between the Katana and the Claymore; the Phalanx, Mattock, and Geth Plasma Shotgun are geat because of their uniqueness and particular utility in different situations (especially on higher difficulties).

I assume that you bought the DLC abut which you have these complaints?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

They're bad-asses, but they're also balanced; they just fill out tactical holes that had been there previously.

There's plenty of conversation between characters involving them. They have more in-mission dialogue (even in regular missions) than any other characters in the game.

Using Kasumi and Zaeed doesn't make the game into easy mode. Neither does the Firepower Pack.

The Eviscerator is free but it filled a much-needed gap between the Katana and the Claymore; the Phalanx, Mattock, and Geth Plasma Shotgun are geat because of their uniqueness and particular utility in different situations (especially on higher difficulties).

Obviously i have Zaeed and i have finished his loyalty mission. Kasumi is precisely done the same way.

And unlike MW2 boycotters i don't buy things which i consider are robbery or replacements for content that was lacking in the game  (by which i mean weapon and armor). When i paid full retail first day price for game i expect it to be completly and not have to unlock half the missing equipment with DLC.

Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

Obviously i have Zaeed and i have finished his loyalty mission. Kasumi is precisely done the same way.

And unlike MW2 boycotters i don't buy things which i consider are robbery or replacements for content that was lacking in the game  (by which i mean weapon and armor). When i paid full retail first day price for game i expect it to be completly and not have to unlock half the missing equipment with DLC.

So.... you have Zaeed, the Arc Projector, and the Eviscerator, and that's it. I'm going to assume you don't have the Firepower Pack, Kasumi, Overlord, or Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Your complaint would have some ground to stand on if this was content that was missing from the game; it wasn't. ME2 was a complete and total package in and of itself. The DLC is all extra, and not required in order to enjoy the experience. That doesn't detract fom its value, but it does mean they weren't holding content ransom.

Khuutra said:
Zlejedi said:
Khuutra said:

So.... you have Zaeed, the Arc Projector, and the Eviscerator, and that's it. I'm going to assume you don't have the Firepower Pack, Kasumi, Overlord, or Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Your complaint would have some ground to stand on if this was content that was missing from the game; it wasn't. ME2 was a complete and total package in and of itself. The DLC is all extra, and not required in order to enjoy the experience. That doesn't detract fom its value, but it does mean they weren't holding content ransom.

I feel it's the same as expansion packs games in the past. It's just packaged differently.

I wait for a number of DLC to form before I buy, because a 3 hour or less chunk in a game I quit playing 4 months ago would not be satisfying for me. (Though I was going toreplay ME2 anyways as it's my 2nd or 3rd favorite game this generation). And Liara is my favorite ME character so I might have made an exception. But really I think the only DLC i bought was Wipeout Fury (Totally worth it) and Fallout ones (not worth it :P)

After my schoolwork is done on thursday. I'm buying this and overlord. I think I beat the game before firewalker came out on cerberus network so I'll get that too. I'm debating Kasumi as I don't have much money, and because I like to use Jack, Morinth or Legion anyway... (I play with my favorite characters not the ones that are best suited for battle, as in all games) :P

OFF THE CURRENT TOPIC, But Shadow Broker DLC looks amazing

and Im jealous to Those who are getting the ps3 version because its most likely included with it...damn  

Lyrikalstylez said:

OFF THE CURRENT TOPIC, But Shadow Broker DLC looks amazing

and Im jealous to Those who are getting the ps3 version because its most likely included with it...damn  

But you would have to wait

I mean... It's probably going to sell for 60 dollars. Whereas if you wanted to wait, you could probably get the xbox 360 or PC version for 30 or less at the time the PS3 version launches, and then buy the DLC.

It's kinda the same story with all games and game of the year games. If you wait, it gets cheaper. Well most of the time.