By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

marciosmg said:
Khuutra said:

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-mens-tshirts/me2-enkindle-this-tee

I thought that this was worth sharing. Because it is worth sharing.

Three more days until Lair of the Shadow Broker, guys. Get pumped!

I'll be playing through it on Insanity - first time as a Vanguard, then as an Adept. After that I'll be incorporating it into all future playthroughs.

How many DLC is there for ME2?

Are all of them missions or is it mostly weapons, armor, etc?

Currently there are three mission packs - four if you count Firewalker - with a fifth coming on Tuesday. Two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and Kasumi's Stotlen Memory) include new characters, two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and the Firewalker Pack) are free with new copies of ME2. You have to pay for Overlord and Kasumi's Stolen Memory, and Lair of the Shadow Broker will be pay-only as well.

There are quite a few weapon packs, though Kasumi's Stolen Memory comes with a great submachine gun. There's the Firepower pack (with three of the best guns in the game), the Aegis pack comes with some great armor and a snazzy Sniper Rifle.... there's even a few Alternate Costume Packs for your squadmates, but I can't imagine those being worth the money.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
marciosmg said:
Khuutra said:

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-mens-tshirts/me2-enkindle-this-tee

I thought that this was worth sharing. Because it is worth sharing.

Three more days until Lair of the Shadow Broker, guys. Get pumped!

I'll be playing through it on Insanity - first time as a Vanguard, then as an Adept. After that I'll be incorporating it into all future playthroughs.

How many DLC is there for ME2?

Are all of them missions or is it mostly weapons, armor, etc?

Currently there are three mission packs - four if you count Firewalker - with a fifth coming on Tuesday. Two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and Kasumi's Stotlen Memory) include new characters, two of them (Zaeed's Revenge and the Firewalker Pack) are free with new copies of ME2. You have to pay for Overlord and Kasumi's Stolen Memory, and Lair of the Shadow Broker will be pay-only as well.

There are quite a few weapon packs, though Kasumi's Stolen Memory comes with a great submachine gun. There's the Firepower pack (with three of the best guns in the game), the Aegis pack comes with some great armor and a snazzy Sniper Rifle.... there's even a few Alternate Costume Packs for your squadmates, but I can't imagine those being worth the money.

A lot of DLC. O_o

EA sure likes their money.

Lets hope the PS3 can get all of them for free. Thanks, Khuutra.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Been watching a few ME2 vids, including the ones about each class.

The Adept seems awesome. On one part, he throws a  Singularity and a bunch of enemies get sucked to it. Then, he throws a Shockwave and they all get blown away.

I found it specially interesting that the Singularity lasted a long time, so he just waited till all the enemies were close together to use the Shockwave.

I was thinking of going as a Soldier on my first playthrough, but now I dont know.

Is the Adept like the Mage as in weak at first, but awesome in the end?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Pretty much, yes. You can get Singularity right off the bat, though, which is immense fun. If you hit enemies effect by Pull, Singularity, Shockwave, or the upward lift of Slam with the Warp power, it causes pretty gnarly explosions that sends enemies flying in all directions. Hilarious.

marciosmg said:

Can I contribute nothing other than the fact that I really really want this game?

I started to play it on the 360, but it broke (can I whine about RROD? ) so I thought I would never play it (my PC sucks).

Now, I can finally play it.

I just dont know what they will do about the choices you could make on ME1. From what I have heard, the default Shepard on ME2 made really bad choices on 1.

Is that true?

For 360 fans, it was a decent game.. not a console seller.. but good.. maybe good enough to get the 2nd...

For Sony fans...Seems pretty basic....Some PS3 owners will get it, but others won't  because they never played the 1st / and or have no interest...

Around the Network
marciosmg said:

Can I contribute nothing other than the fact that I really really want this game?

I started to play it on the 360, but it broke (can I whine about RROD? ) so I thought I would never play it (my PC sucks).

I just dont know what they will do about the choices you could make on ME1. From what I have heard, the default Shepard on ME2 made really bad choices on 1.

Is that true?

For 360 fans, it was a decent game.. not a console seller.. but good.. maybe good enough to get the 2nd...

For Sony fans...Seems pretty basic....Some PS3 owners will get it, but others won't  because they never played the 1st / and or have no interest...

marciosmg said:

Is that true?

marciosmg said:

Is that true?

marciosmg said:

Is that true?