By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

Between Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age: Origins, I personally thought that Mass Effect 2 had the most replayability.  The main reason is the gameplay.  Beyond the story, ME 2 just plays amazingly, especially on the insanity difficulty.  I've done a playthrough with almost every class (only class that I haven't beaten the game with yet is the Sentinel), and I've actually beaten the game more than once with the Vanguard class (my absolute favorite, especially on insanity).

The gameplay of Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins (PC) just didn't click with me like it did with ME 2 (and this is coming from someone who doesn't usually like shooters).  Mass Effect 2, on the other hand, I can always replay, simply because of the combat.  I think Bioware did a great job with the combat in ME 2, and I hope they don't stray far from it with ME 3.

Around the Network
Shorty11857 said:
Khuutra said:

@Shorty:

Overlord is great! Way better than the Kasumi mission, anyways. Also if you want to beat Insanity, take Sentinel or Soldier, they are the easiest classes; Sentinel for tanking and Soldier for just ruining people.

I really think I should buy it I've loved all the DLC so far.
Yeah Insanity was just grating to me due to the infinite respawning enemies it just annoyed me so much, overlooks you can snipe from are pointless when enemies never stop spawning. I take it for Insanity Mordin is best to get first? As then you can upgrade weapons?

Yes, Mordin is the best to get first.

But, ah, I don't think there's ever a moment with infinite enemy spawns. There might be tons of them, but eventually they do stop.

Yeah there aren't any infinite enemy respawn points in ME2.

All right, guys.

I am thoroughly convinced that Vanguard is the best class in the game. It's impossible for anything to do better than what this class does.

Khuutra have you seen some of the crazy Insanity speed runs people do with the Vanguard class?

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Khuutra have you seen some of the crazy Insanity speed runs people do with the Vanguard class?

I have, but that's not even what I was talking about. I just did the IFF mission, with all the Husks and Scions? Cakewalk. Put on Squad Cryo ammo, turn on Inferno Ammo for your pistol, pop each Husk once or twice to strip their armor, then forget about them and walk away while tey explode into shards of frozen matter.

Scions aren't any harder. Just Charge every second time they do their up-close area attack and keep shooting.

I just

It was so glorious

Khuutra said:

I kind of wonder what Lair of the Shadow Broker will entail. It's supposdly bigger than Ovelord but there's no telling how big that's going to be, exactly; nor do we know what the Shadow Broker Intel Center will be like.

Hmmmmm.

Hey Khuutra have you read the recent Mass Effect novel?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Khuutra said:

I kind of wonder what Lair of the Shadow Broker will entail. It's supposdly bigger than Ovelord but there's no telling how big that's going to be, exactly; nor do we know what the Shadow Broker Intel Center will be like.

Hmmmmm.

Hey Khuutra have you read the recent Mass Effect novel?

All three, yeah. Not great literature, but entertaining enough.

Damn... no DLC deal for next week.  Guess I'd better stock up on some more points...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Darc Requiem said:

Yeah there aren't any infinite enemy respawn points in ME2.

When you're going to get to Mordin, after you talk to him for the first time, you run forward and there's this overhang spot you can snipe from, haven't played it in ages but in the distance behind where the enemy take cover there's a door on the left and until you get past that point enemy keep spawning out of that door. I'm 99% sure it's an infinite respawn