By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread) - Now For Sony Fans, Too

Phew finally finished up the first Mass Effect on insanity difficulty and didn't find it that hard just a bit tedius towards the end. Just wondering how it compares to Mass Effect 2 difficulty wise on insanity. Easier or harder? 

Around the Network

@Shorty:

Overlord is great! Way better than the Kasumi mission, anyways. Also if you want to beat Insanity, take Sentinel or Soldier, they are the easiest classes; Sentinel for tanking and Soldier for just ruining people.

@Berstuck:

ME1's Insanity just means enemies have more health than God. ME2's Insanity means a good (but not unreasonable) chunk of health while enemies tear into you, forcing you to be smarter about how you use cover and powers. ME1's Insanity is tedious as Hell, ME2's is actually tough and a lot of fun.

Khuutra said:

@Shorty:

Overlord is great! Way better than the Kasumi mission, anyways. Also if you want to beat Insanity, take Sentinel or Soldier, they are the easiest classes; Sentinel for tanking and Soldier for just ruining people.

@Berstuck:

ME1's Insanity just means enemies have more health than God. ME2's Insanity means a good (but not unreasonable) chunk of health while enemies tear into you, forcing you to be smarter about how you use cover and powers. ME1's Insanity is tedious as Hell, ME2's is actually tough and a lot of fun.

Cheers for the info Khuutra. Much appreciated.

Khuutra said:

My insanity run as a Vanguard continues to go swimmingly. The class is more powerful than I had really dared to hope for.

Tough killing enemies at a range, though. Don't look forward to the final boss. The Thresher maw? I killed it with a pistol.

Insainty is a diffuclty level right?

What scale is there, 5 diff levels? And Insanity would be the 4th, one step above "normal"?

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:

My insanity run as a Vanguard continues to go swimmingly. The class is more powerful than I had really dared to hope for.

Tough killing enemies at a range, though. Don't look forward to the final boss. The Thresher maw? I killed it with a pistol.

Insainty is a diffuclty level right?

What scale is there, 5 diff levels? And Insanity would be the 4th, one step above "normal"?

In ascending order of difficulty, there's Easy, Normal, Veteran, Hardcore, and Insanity.

Around the Network

I think I'm gonna step back from Mass Effect 2 until Lair of the Shadow Broker releases its about time for ...ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. I think I'm gonna play Mass Effect 2 some more.

thats exactly what i'm doing also@darc requiem...im just playin some kotor in the meantime(actually my first time playin kotor and boy is it awesome)

I kind of wonder what Lair of the Shadow Broker will entail. It's supposdly bigger than Ovelord but there's no telling how big that's going to be, exactly; nor do we know what the Shadow Broker Intel Center will be like.

Hmmmmm.

Khuutra said:

@Shorty:

I really think I should buy it I've loved all the DLC so far.
Yeah Insanity was just grating to me due to the infinite respawning enemies it just annoyed me so much, overlooks you can snipe from are pointless when enemies never stop spawning. I take it for Insanity Mordin is best to get first? As then you can upgrade weapons?

I thought about buying ME2 for PC. But my PC sucks (well, the video card).

And upgrading your PC, specially to someone as illiterate as me on computers (), is just a huge hassle. Id rather just wait for the console version.

Also, keyboard sucks for me. Seriously. All my life, I've been a console gamer.

Pressing WASD to move is a herculean task for me. I end up pressing all the wrong buttons.Then theres a button to reload, the hotkeys......On the controller, I move with one finger, I have only a few buttons and they are all wrapped by my hands. A lot more comfortable.

I only play on PC turn-based strategy games or something. Where I can take my time in doing things.

www.jamesvandermemes.com