By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is no longer a 360 exclusive. Do you care?

Pipedream24 said:
Khuutra said:
Pipedream24 said:
heruamon said:

If they launch it with all DLC for the same price...hell yeah, since I had to pay for them, and what about ME3?

I'd have to say ME3 is a forgone conclusion at this point.  ME2 didn't move the units it should have on the 360.  I think that is the main driver behind porting ME2 to the PS3. 

ME2 is selling in line with the first game in the same timeframe (maybe slightly better) and the 360 version was #38 in sales worldwide just last week.

Still.

ME2 on the PS3 shouldn't affect development of the third game. It will likely be ported by another company entirely, though Christina Norman has vowed that she will make sure tht the PS3, 360, and PC versions of ME2 are as equal as possible.

ME2 has been heavily discounted the past month.  A game that has been out for 6 months with glowing reviews selling for $29.99 or less is probably not what EA was hoping for. 

You neglect EA cuts prices on a lot of their games after a relatively short period of time. And it has lead to great legs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Stan85 said:

EA is known as a multiplatform company,because more ports = more money.

Ea has bought Bioware,so a ps3 port was obvious.

But after 1 year and a Pc port from day 1,do you care that Mass Effect 2 is coming to the ps3?

Mass Effect is also on the PC.

Well I thought Mass Effect 2 was the best reason to own a 360. Microsoft will actually have to work harder if they want me to stay a customer for their next console because Gears, Halo, and Alan Wake is not much for exclusives. If you didn't play Mass Effect original than you will miss out a lot, enjoy.

What? It's coming already ? I haven't finished my GTA4 DLC yet!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The problem with reliance on others to do your software development is jsut that...you become dependent on them, if you don't lock down the IP exclusively.  A 12-month  lag is signifigant, but if they launch ME2 with all the DLC for the same price, that's a pretty signifigant discount over what we got...sure 360 owners got it earlier, but at a huge cost, relatively.  Anyway, I've been saying for years that M$ needs to dust off all those great IPs it has in the vault, and get 3rd party developers work on THOSe titles, since you then turn them into 3nd party for that specific project.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Gamers care to see good games reach a bigger and wider audience.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

The highest rated 360 exclusive going multiplat? If you had asked this Q before this week you would have gotten very difference answers I assure you

But either way one less exclusive for 360, one more great game for the PS3 line up for next year, that's all there is to it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yay, now I don't have to go to my friends to play ME2!  

Lol They care...PS3 and 360 owners .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I care because more people are gonna get to play this masterpiece of a game, the more sales for ME2 the better.