By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is no longer a 360 exclusive. Do you care?

Sony just stabbed Microsoft in the heart with this move. ME2 is a must have an is probably a bigger megaton than even Microsoft taking Sony's FF exclusivity (Not that it really  mattered because they didn't get Versus). Final Fantasy sucked, and Mass Effect 2 is the 360's highest rated game of 2010. First Valve...now this?

Around the Network

looking forward to this :D

I care only in th sense that Sony-only gamers are only getting half the experience. Without hte ability to carry over progress from the first game, attachment to the world and understanding of the scenario is going to be severely inhibited.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony EA just stabbed Microsoft in the heart with this move.

Final Fantasy sucked, and Mass Effect 2 is the 360's highest rated game of 2010. First Valve...now this?

It was EA's decision to do it. EA bought Bioware and basically could do whatever they wanted to do with Mass Effect after the first one. Also, this is still a dumb move if they can't figure out what to do without the first one - maybe give people choices prior to the game starting on key events?

Final Fantasy 13 may have not received the AAA nominations Mass Effect 2 got, but it will have stronger legs in sales WW imho, so more royalties in Microsoft's pocket I would assume. It's also a bigger brand name.

Anyways lets see how many copies Mass Effect 2 sells on the PS3. I guess this means no Mass Effect 3 in 2011.

It's just that simple.

I'm pretty sure ME2 was never exclusive

Around the Network

PS3 only owners are in for a treat. one of the best games this gen easily.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Well I am a PS3 fanboy so secretly I'm happy not because its 1 more good series for PS3 but because 360 lost a valuable exclusive.

I used to have 360 though and I tried ME1 and didn't really like it so I don't care too much about it coming to PS3.

They should really have Mass Effect 1 & 2 released together, 2 on it's own isn't good enough, you will miss out on the awesome Reaper story. You need and I mean need to play ME1. Also if it's a crap or inferior port than that too will suck. Bayonetta anyone? One good news we can be sure of is it's on one disc and hopefully have more sound options like  DTS.

Mass Effect was never X360 exclusive.

And no I don't care as long as the series is still released on the PC. Although I wish they'd realize the keyboard has more buttons than a gamepad.

Yes, since I can finally play it !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E