By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

TruckOSaurus said:
Kantor said:
TruckOSaurus said:

OMG! You're right! Bad Khuutra bad!

Kantor I want answers! Why did you feel you needed to change your statement?

I realised we hadn't started yet, and didn't want to start discussing the game.

FoS TruckOSaurus for prosecuting me so relentlessly.

I wasn't prosecuting you, I was merely asking for information. Changing the wording of a sentence like you did has to have a good reason, something that  motivates the action. I thought you could be a baddie thinking he said too much or someone with an important role who didn't want to attract attention but I checked out the times of your post and edit and it fits with what you just said so I'm content for now.

Yes I'm quoting myself...

I wanted to ask a follow up question to Kantor. What was it that made you think the game wasn't started yet? GodofWar's post listing people who didn't post or Khuutra telling me to back off until the day starts?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Nikells said:
Silver-Tiger said:
At this point it would damn stupid for the SK to come out. We have no proof that hatmoza really is telling the truth, maybe he is lying about his role and just wants the SK to come forward so he is an easy lynch target. Of course that would be good for the town, but honestly I don't think the SK would risk a lynch so early in the game.

If Hatmoza was lying how would he know the serial killer was Kratos though?
We don't know if Hatmoza is genuine or not: but the SK does.

Clearly Silver-Tiger is Kratos ... or mafia trying to stop him from flipping town! 

hey, I just point out possibilities.
Just because I don't buy hatmoza's story, doesn't mean I'm on mafias side. :p

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
Final-Fan said:

Clearly Silver-Tiger is Kratos ... or mafia trying to stop him from flipping town! 

So what's your opinion of hatmoza? If you don't believe he's what he claims, what do you think he is?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Final-Fan said:

So what's your opinion of hatmoza? If you don't believe he's what he claims, what do you think he is?

Let's just take as an example that hatmoza is a mafia member who can recruit the SK. They both work together and tell the town that he is a Vigilante. The town thinks the SK is a Vigilante and he can happily continue to kill people for the mafia side. What would prevent him from that? We have no way to tell for sure if it was a Vigilante or SK kill. Also we could have another Vigilante, so the SK could blame him if something goes wrong.

Look, I'm not going to accuse anybody at this point of the game, I'm just making up theories that could help us later in the game. Heck, we don't even know if such a role even exists. We have to wait for the night actions anyway before we can draw conclusions.

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

Khuutra said: Wherewithal

Around the Network

Final-Fan, you're overanalyzing a bit too much.

Kantor said He thought the game did not start so he edited it out.

Really now.... some of you are going into far too much detail about some stuff that really doesn't even matter.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

OK then.

Vote: No lynch

I'm off to work so if anything changes then my vote CAN change along with it. Now don't freak out because I voted no lynch like last game..... I know the timing is a bit different, but my reasoning is the same. No one is suspicious enough to vote for yet, at least, that I think is scum.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Silver-Tiger said:

Let's just take as an example that hatmoza is a mafia member who can recruit the SK. They both work together and tell the town that he is a Vigilante. The town thinks the SK is a Vigilante and he can happily continue to kill people for the mafia side. What would prevent him from that? We have no way to tell for sure if it was a Vigilante or SK kill. Also we could have another Vigilante, so the SK could blame him if something goes wrong.

I thought people were passed the idea that a role of a mafia member recruiting the SK was out of the question. 

Will people stop trying to make me seem like some sort of recruiter. I'm nothing but a psychiatrist who's job happens to be to cure the SK. Nothing new here people. We've seen this in multiple games already. The only twist is that Kratos becomes a vigilante instead of a town. 

Also, Do you really think if I were mafia, I would put my "team" at risk so early in the game? I'll most likely be investigated, watched and tracked tonight? 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Silver-Tiger said:

I thought people were passed the idea that a role of a mafia member recruiting the SK was out of the question. 

Will people stop trying to make me seem like some sort of recruiter. I'm nothing but a psychiatrist who's job happens to be to cure the SK. Nothing new here people. We've seen this in multiple games already. The only twist is that Kratos becomes a vigilante instead of a town. 

Also, Do you really think if I were mafia, I would put my "team" at risk so early in the game? I'll most likely be investigated, watched and tracked tonight? 

The only way I could see this being possible is if you had a Godfather role and knew you'd come back innocent on investigation but that theory doesn't hold well because of your nameclaim. I don't see Athena being a Mafia Godfather and since nobody has contested the nameclaim I have no reason to think you are not Athena.

Signature goes here!

hatmoza said:
Silver-Tiger said:

As I've said earlier, I'm not accusing you. I was just giving theories. Mafia games are about lying and deceiving, and I just don't believe everything people say. If it helps you, I'm not really thinking you're lying, but I want people to keep it in the head in case something unexpected happens.