By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

With sleep comes my wherewithal.

@noname:

Specious reasoning at best. Role claims are infinitely more important than name claims, and any Mafia who would claim a character as big as Athena (who is one of the five most important characters in the first and third games) is an idiot.

More, the question about Kratos, even if I assumed him to be a villain, would require me to assume that our host, a man who named himself after the third game in this series and who has a Kratos avatar, must also see Kratos as a villain. My perceptions of Kratos, whether or not they change in the space of two years, does not begin to turn Kratos into some objective fact in the context of this game.

You are jumping at shadows; in the context of this game I can't blame you, but that's what it is. I would say the tenacity of my self-defense is more out-of-character than anything else up to this point, so I'm going to return to my old method of succinct and casual dismissal.

@Final-Fan:

I guess at heart I really don't want to lynch on the first day, so that may color my reasoning, but that doesn't sound like a good reason to lynch somebody.

Around the Network

Alright, stood up, reading all comments...

Khuutra, Noname, does Kratos alignment really matter? What We've already found out is that Kratos is most likely the serial killer, and furthermore, we found out that, if hatmoza is not lying, he in search of Kratos to change him to a Vigilante.  I imagine there is also a similar role for the scum.

So as long as Kratos isn't transformed in a Vigilante, he should be considered anti-town, because he is either Serial-Killer or, if odds are against us, he will be recruited by the mafia. Of cousre as SK he has also the chance to kill mafia players, but seeing that the pro-town always has to have more players than scum left to continue the game, chances are always higher that he targets a townie.

Also I want to apologize if I don't take part on the bigger discussions, You always seem to be most active when I'm asleep. Must be the different time zones. Im mean, most of Khuutra's and Noname's discussion was between 1 AM and 5 AM at my time zone for example.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

Khuutra, Noname, does Kratos alignment really matter? What We've already found out is that Kratos is most likely the serial killer, and furthermore, we found out that, if hatmoza is not lying, he in search of Kratos to change him to a Vigilante.  I imagine there is also a similar role for the scum.

So as long as Kratos isn't transformed in a Vigilante, he should be considered anti-town, because he is either Serial-Killer or, if odds are against us, he will be recruited by the mafia. Of cousre as SK he has also the chance to kill mafia players, but seeing that the pro-town always has to have more players than scum left to continue the game, chances are always higher that he targets a townie.

Also I want to apologize if I don't take part on the bigger discussions, You always seem to be most active when I'm asleep. Must be the different time zones. Im mean, most of Khuutra's and Noname's discussion was between 1 AM and 5 AM at my time zone for example.

1. My assumptions about Kratos's alignment do not matter, no.

2. The assumption that the Mafia are looking to recruit the serial killer works from the perspective of the games, but experienced players have said that they've never heard of the Mafia having that kind of role. Assuming they do is prudent, but it borders on paranoid.

3. The fact that Kratos hasn't answered hatmoza and didn't refute patapon's claim means he probably isn't going to be coming out (assuming he's read the topic - and I think it safe to assume that). With this in mind, he is definitely a threat to the town and needs to be treated as such.

Don't worry about timezones. I live in the Eastern time zone for North America, myself. Go Toronto.

wow, out one day (driving for 10 hours) andyou guyposted alot. constructive posts too.

so 1 thing on me

- i have a comp but can onlzy come to itvery so often, so for the next 4ays i'll beable to post butmostly in the evening.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Khuutra said:
Silver-Tiger said:

1. My assumptions about Kratos's alignment do not matter, no.

2. The assumption that the Mafia are looking to recruit the serial killer works from the perspective of the games, but experienced players have said that they've never heard of the Mafia having that kind of role. Assuming they do is prudent, but it borders on paranoid.

3. The fact that Kratos hasn't answered hatmoza and didn't refute patapon's claim means he probably isn't going to be coming out (assuming he's read the topic - and I think it safe to assume that). With this in mind, he is definitely a threat to the town and needs to be treated as such.

Don't worry about timezones. I live in the Eastern time zone for North America, myself. Go Toronto.

I never heard of a role that could tansform a SK into a townie, either. I just assumed that if such a role exists for the town, the same could apply for the scum. So far it applied for every other role. Fair enough, it's just my third game, so excuse me that I don't know every role.

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:

Will Kratos please come forward. The odds of you winning as a serial killer are slim. Identify yourself so I can turn you pro town. At least this way you'll most likely have a doctor's protection because you'll become a vigilante. 

The town could really use you for good Kratos. I know you think you're a bad ass and an unstoppable being but you won't last long as a serial killer. I'll eventually find you and you'll become protown anyway. Don't kill members of the town, because town will be your alignment eventually ... that's if you don't end up dead.

Damn hatmoza you sure don't waste any time... you do realize that if Hephaestos is Kratos you're screwed!

(Also, I just realized that if the role of the God Hephaestos is in this game, it will be very confusing.)

ok, why do you say i'd want to kill hatmoza? he was my master inmy first game and gave me his life in the second...

second, i am not hephaestos in this game, so yes it may get confusing =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:

Will Kratos please come forward. The odds of you winning as a serial killer are slim. Identify yourself so I can turn you pro town. At least this way you'll most likely have a doctor's protection because you'll become a vigilante. 

The town could really use you for good Kratos. I know you think you're a bad ass and an unstoppable being but you won't last long as a serial killer. I'll eventually find you and you'll become protown anyway. Don't kill members of the town, because town will be your alignment eventually ... that's if you don't end up dead.

Damn hatmoza you sure don't waste any time... you do realize that if Hephaestos is Kratos you're screwed!

(Also, I just realized that if the role of the God Hephaestos is in this game, it will be very confusing.)

ok, why do you say i'd want to kill hatmoza? he was my master inmy first game and gave me his life in the second...

second, i am not hephaestos in this game, so yes it may get confusing =)

If you approve, my recommendation is that we call you Heph and the role Hephaestos to avoid further confusion.

I'd like to make a heartfelt appeal to Kratos:

Despite Hatmoza risking his neck you haven't come forward yet. I think I can understand why this is: you're scared. You don't want to die and that is understandable. The obvious choice is to just keep your head down and continue hiding.

But don't be so quick to dismiss this as the fact is that it is a very limited time offer. Hatmoza most likely isn't going to be around for very long and when he dies so does your chance to join the town.

What are the chances you'll actually win if you choose the life of serial killing? 
You know already if Hatmoza is telling the truth or not: and assuming he is he's already revealed your role and name to everybody. The best you can hope for is to convince us you're protown and most likely get targeted by the mafia at night in the process. We know so much about your role now that if you get investigated at any point in any way you're screwed. Instead of lurking about randomly killing innocent people until the town eventually get you (and they will) why not step forward and become it's hero?

I consider this post to be the start of the 48 hour timer for day one. Again, I'm willing to extend it if theres a lot of chatting going on and majority of you want it extended.

Nikells said:

I'd like to make a heartfelt appeal to Kratos:

Despite Hatmoza risking his neck you haven't come forward yet. I think I can understand why this is: you're scared. You don't want to die and that is understandable. The obvious choice is to just keep your head down and continue hiding.

But don't be so quick to dismiss this as the fact is that it is a very limited time offer. Hatmoza most likely isn't going to be around for very long and when he dies so does your chance to join the town.

What are the chances you'll actually win if you choose the life of serial killing? 
You know already if Hatmoza is telling the truth or not: and assuming he is he's already revealed your role and name to everybody. The best you can hope for is to convince us you're protown and most likely get targeted by the mafia at night in the process. We know so much about your role now that if you get investigated at any point in any way you're screwed. Instead of lurking about randomly killing innocent people until the town eventually get you (and they will) why not step forward and become it's hero?

At this point it would damn stupid for the SK to come out. We have no proof that hatmoza really is telling the truth, maybe he is lying about his role and just wants the SK to come forward so he is an easy lynch target. Of course that would be good for the town, but honestly I don't think the SK would risk a lynch so early in the game.