By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Handheld Sales: PSP competes well with DS

I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but I laughed anyway.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

wow if the psp outsells the ds this week then the xbox might sell 100k in japan

lol

Game_boy said:
RolStoppable said:

Okay, I think I can trust you.

But could you please explain why you think that the PSP will outsell the DS next week? Are they going to give free Bravia's away with every PSP purchase?

You forget that ATV Offroad Fury Pro is released this week. They expect it to sell one million copies on the first day; actually, they need that many sold to break even.

It will be cultural phenomenon indeed!!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Is this thread real?

Game_boy said:

After many weeks of slow sales, the PSP has picked up for the Christmas period in the UK and is finally starting to compete with the DS. I expect the PSP to sell slightly more than the DS next week based on this.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9648/screenshotvideogamechartk5.png

HAHA ? I really dont know what to say ... its a pretty lame joke thread . Everyone knows the DS is outselling the PSP , but than its outselling everithing else ... the 360 , the PS3 , the PS2 ... oh and even the mighty Wii . Yeah , it became a cult hit , but than lets dont forget , that a couple of years ago , PSP like hardware sales where considered stellar . I bet that MS would have loved to have as many Xboxes on the market , as many PSP will be untill the end of the generation .

In the same time , lets dont forget , that the sales for the DS are so high mainly because of their non-game softwares ( Brain Training anyone ? ) , or ultra-softcore games , like NSMB . Hey at least the has a bunch of pretty damn hard games , while all the hard games on the DS are mostly hard because they are frustrating , and usually they are the ones with under 5 rating .

So yeah , keep on laughing , because hardcore gamers will go with hardcore handheld , and by that I dont mean the Gizmondo ... or DS .

PS : to bad for the good games on the DS , like the recently reeased Dementium ... they usually have bad sales compared with the kiddy Nintendo 1st party games :( 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

The only problem is , that your so called sarcasm is always directed towerds the PSP/PS3 ... and after a while it gets boring . So why the hell should I care with what purpose it was created , I rather started bashing the DS . Lets dont forget that after lots of times , this so called sarcasm is the same thing : bashing ...

Not always something that sells better is in fact better .This is a perfect example .The PSP trounces the DS in hardware and software lineup yet the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings of always keep the DS hardware through the roof for what the third consecutive christmas and year ?

DS software sales outside those no-games arent exactly stellar either .

Finally someone who understands me :P People actually didnt noticed how Brain Trainers are still on top in Others region ?

Diomedes1976 said:
Not always something that sells better is in fact better .This is a perfect example .The PSP trounces the DS in hardware and software lineup yet the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings of always keep the DS hardware through the roof for what the third consecutive christmas and year ?

DS software sales outside those no-games arent exactly stellar either .

u talk bout ds software sales out side these game not being stellar, but what dose that say for the psp sofware sale which last week got out sold by the 360 in japan lol even though it has a fraction of the userbase and software sales in the eu or american arnt much better

Hmmmm.. a flame bait thread that's left open? Oh yea, it's attacking Sony and I forgot that all is well with flames as long as they are directed towards Sony. I forgot for a moment that this was Ninten-vgchartz-doz.com.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.