By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happen to "Heavy rain will flop and AW will outsell it easily"?

Oh, and Shio.

How can you POSSIBLY say Heavy Rain is a flop when you were bigging up the 4 Million sales for the entire STALKER series!?

3 games. 4 Million. 1.3 Million average.

If Heavy Rain is a flop, then so is STALKER. Surely? Seeing that Heavy Rain is already at 1.4 Million, within a few months?

Around the Network

Heavy rain sold more first week than they expected for the first year or even lifetime.

Sad thing about this is they aren't bringing any more DLC because they made enough money from the game itself.

Carl2291 said:
shio said:

Heavy Rain flopped. I don't see how anyone can argue against it.

Alan Wake flopped harder though.

Hint: You're wrong.

Please explain to us all how Heavy Rain flopped. Please.

Maybe his personal definition of "flop" means the game didn't outperform sales projections by even more than it already did.

You know, like when a hypothetical game was supposed to sell 1.5 million units and instead sells 2.5 million, it still "flopped" because it didn't sell 3.5 million. And then if it sells 3.5 million, it still "flopped" because it didn't sell 4.5 million.

Your forgot the 3rd game in this row which gameplay (only Wii version, the PS2 version is worse) and story wise tops Heavy Rain and Alan Wake.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is the best of the three, pityfully it has sold fewer than the others (however it sold good enough because the production cost should be much lower than the hd games).

z101 said:

Your forgot the 3rd game in this row which gameplay (only Wii version, the PS2 version is worse) and story wise tops Heavy Rain and Alan Wake.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is the best of the three, pityfully it has sold fewer than the others (however it sold good enough because the production cost should be much lower than the hd games).

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I still need to buy both games :)

I'm an hour into Heavy Rain and so far, I'm liking Alan Wake more. Hopefully the game picks up, but that one kid at the beginning of the game is just a demon spawn, I might just stick to playing with the detective and the journalist and kill off the other two guys, the voice acting from the two put me off a little (the detective and journalist are fantastic though).

OT: People have said plenty of things and been wrong about them, Uncharted 2 wasn't supposed to hit 2 million before 2010. MGS4 won't sell as much as it's predecessor. GOW3 won't sell as much as it's predecessor. The same thing applies to LBP, Slim, Uncharted 1, Infamous etc. People are doing it now with GT5, Move, Twisted Metal etc. The same things happening with Kinect, the fact is that no one should claim things will happen before they actually happen, because besides BH-R (or whatever) most people have been wrong.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Porcupine_I said:
z101 said:

why is your youtube in german?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I was one of them and I was wrong. Shit happens.

There we go. That's the perfect response. Shit Happens and will always happen. No one can be right everysingle time.

only problem is that the one you quoted and others jump on any other "shit happens"-replying person like a pack of wolves. so since he was the one who wrong this time, "shit happens" is an accepted reply, however when others are wrong, it is MOST DEFINITELY not... that's what you call double-standards.

i don't care if people are right or wrong (right now talking about guesswork), I am wrong a lot, that's why I say a lot of "stupid shit" here on the forums,  because "I don't care" if I am right or wrong, I'm human and I do mistakes all the time and I accept that. but oh boy do we who say all this "stupid shit" or have "crappy predictions" get attacked for being totally ridiculous, BY the ONE YOU QUOTED among others... And no, I don't have any posts to support these allegations, because I cba to search the forums, however if I'm wrong (which I'm not in this case), I'll just say: Shit happens...

I hate double-stadandards...

All this shows is that all the stupid predictions people make on here is just babble and that is why I stay away from sale predictions. Its interesting to see how well things sell, but in the end its just a bunch of average joes typing whatever they want.