By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many PS3 games will break the 10 million sold barrier?

How many PS3 games will break the 10 million sold barrier?

0 0 0%

1 319 38.48%

2 203 24.49%

3 112 13.51%

4 44 5.31%

5 or more 151 18.21%

Total:829

Well, this was an interesting read!

Around the Network

There were so many people back then that expected MW2 to just stop selling at around 9 million, what was the basis for that? Like I said back then, anyone that seriously looked at its sales curve would have realized it was inevitable that it would cross 10 million eventually. And clearly the Infinity Ward breakup had zero impact on long term COD sales. I will admit GTA4 legs have been the real surprise in this whole situation. 2 or 3 years ago the idea of it crossing 10 million was unheard of.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Outside of GT its going to be nothing. If Sony could find a PC level shooter with console marketability that catches the attention of Americans they could have a huge hit on their hands. If you can do that Americans will buff be 75% of those sales with Europe right behind them by 25%.

wonderbook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOPS 2, GT5, GTA IV and GTA V will reach 10m. So that'll make 7 games in total, I think.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

I laugh at those that said 0

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Michael-5 said:

Glad that is over with, ugh. Some people never learn.

I still stand at 1 game, Modern Warfare 2, and even then it will crawl past 10 million.

Gran Turismo 5 will not outsell Gran Turismo 2, it will most likely be the worst selling GT console title, and that puts it below 10 million as it is. I predict 8.5 million for GT5, and I think thats reasonable.

Sports Champions I don't see pushing hardware. The game gets 6/10 reviews, and only comes in a $100 bundle........

Modern Warfare 3 is possible, I simply don't know how fans will react with key figureheads at Infinity Ward gone. Most people probably don't know, and judging from Black Ops popularity, the franchise is still popular.

It's also possible for Black Ops to outsell Modern Warfare 2 and also break the top 10, but I don't know. I know pre-orders jumped 3 weeks ago, but prior to that pre-orders were below MW2. I don't think a Treyarch CoD will outsell an Infinity Ward title. It's also set in Vietnam, which in past games has not done well.

GTA V is also popular, but no one is sure if thats comming out, and if it does, it probably won't break 10 million on the PS3 version. GTA IV will probably get around 7 million........

It's just in 4 years of being on the Market, the PS3 has yet to see a single 10 million plus seller. Modern Warfare will crawl up to 10 million in 2011, and if GT5 or Black Ops break 10 million, it will be in 2011 or 2012. I don't think the PS3 will be around too much longer so 1, maybe 2 is my vote.

Wow, so it turns out in one of my first thread on VGC, a thread which really strong PS3 fans bashed me for my opinion, called me biased, and I even saw one guy get banned twice for the same thread...........I turned out being spot on right.

GT5 still has no crossed 10 million, and may never do so.

Modern Warfare 2 crossed 10 million.

and I did say it was possible for other Call of Duty games to break 10 million, I just thought heads at Infinity Ward leaving would maker a biggger impact.

Only thing I was full out wrong with was GTA IV, that sold much better then I realized, maybe it will break 10 million.

Good read.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

XxXProphecyXxX said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/44951/call-of-duty-black-ops/

And MW2 is already creeping its way there.

God do you ps3 haters ever get tired of being wrong?

I was spot on right. I said MW2 will break 10 million, and depending on Call of Duty maintaining popularity (Heads of Infinity did get fired when this thread popped up), others may break 10 million too. I was surprised to see a Vietnam Treyarch CoD break 10 million when no other Vietnam shooter prior has ever broken 2 million, but still.

GT5 still hasn't and may not break 10 million, despite some bundling, and no other PS3 exclusive even has a chance.

Oh wait, you said PS3 haters. That was just a label I remember people telling me when I joined VGC, but clearly you didn't mean me.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

postofficebuddy said:
There were so many people back then that expected MW2 to just stop selling at around 9 million, what was the basis for that? Like I said back then, anyone that seriously looked at its sales curve would have realized it was inevitable that it would cross 10 million eventually. And clearly the Infinity Ward breakup had zero impact on long term COD sales. I will admit GTA4 legs have been the real surprise in this whole situation. 2 or 3 years ago the idea of it crossing 10 million was unheard of.

Remember Jason West and Vince Zampella being fired as president, game direcers, CEO's, and company founders? Yea, usually when that happens, games in a franchise change and sales crash. CoD could have gone either way.

But you are right, Modern Warefare 2 no doubt was going to break 10 million at the time of this thread, but future CoD titles could have done anything. I mean Black Ops was a Vietnam based shooter, there was no real garentee that it would have done better then World at War.

I'm also very surprised at how big Call of Duty grew after this thread though. In 2010 I think Halo 3 was still the best selling 360 game, and although MW2 was going to overtake it, I didn't think every future Call of Duty would overtake it as well. Halo: Reach also didn't do that well, CoD really got the attention of FPS fans.

COD that is all. GT5 will be a long shot

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.