By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady GaGa to release new album with genre defining music

Lady Gaga is more Marilyn Manson than Madonna.

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:
akuseru said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Lady Gaga's lyrics do not... mean... anything.  They aren't inspiring a generation to distrust authority or to try to stop a war or to think for themselves or to believe in themselves.  They're "cherry cherry boom boom" and "I want to take a ride on your disco stick."  It's mindless bubble gum dance pop!  And that's okay!  There's nothing wrong with fun catchy pop dance tunes!  They can be great fun!  BUT STOP PRETENDING SHE IS THE VOICE OF A GENERATION AND CHANGING MUSIC.

THIS! I am actually appalled that someone even thinks about this bitch like she was some kind of legend. To even mention GaGa when talking about musical legends is not only a disgrace, it's fucking disrespectful. No, I don't listen to The Beatles, nor do I listen to MJ, Nirvana, Elvis or any of the artist mentioned here in this thread, but I still recognize everything they have done for culture, society, music and so many other aspects of the world they touched with their music. Lady GaGa has done jack shit but selling her body on MTV and making amazingly crappy "music". Boys, get your hands out of your pants and get some cultural knowledge, it's a disgrace...

Question to you and everyone else on these forums who seems to hate her - Why has she sold so many records?

And one to you... If it's down to boys with hands in there pants... Why does she also have a huge female following?

Teenage girls who listen to pop music. Derp.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I just wrote my most epic essay ever, and fucking gamrConnect just... turned it into an empty post, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Ugh.  Maybe if I have the time and the energy I'll try to write it again later.  But now my heart is broken...

dobby985 said:
Carl2291 said:
akuseru said:

Lady Gaga's lyrics do not... mean... anything.  They aren't inspiring a generation to distrust authority or to try to stop a war or to think for themselves or to believe in themselves.  They're "cherry cherry boom boom" and "I want to take a ride on your disco stick."  It's mindless bubble gum dance pop!  And that's okay!  There's nothing wrong with fun catchy pop dance tunes!  They can be great fun!  BUT STOP PRETENDING SHE IS THE VOICE OF A GENERATION AND CHANGING MUSIC.

THIS! I am actually appalled that someone even thinks about this bitch like she was some kind of legend. To even mention GaGa when talking about musical legends is not only a disgrace, it's fucking disrespectful. No, I don't listen to The Beatles, nor do I listen to MJ, Nirvana, Elvis or any of the artist mentioned here in this thread, but I still recognize everything they have done for culture, society, music and so many other aspects of the world they touched with their music. Lady GaGa has done jack shit but selling her body on MTV and making amazingly crappy "music". Boys, get your hands out of your pants and get some cultural knowledge, it's a disgrace...

Question to you and everyone else on these forums who seems to hate her - Why has she sold so many records?

And one to you... If it's down to boys with hands in there pants... Why does she also have a huge female following?

So that's teenage girls and teenage boys. Along with people older than the "teen" level?

In other words, she's hugely popular.

But hey, how about this. The Beatles are only as popular as they are now, because "Teenage girls" liked them back in the 60's.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
Carl2291 said:
akuseru said:

So that's teenage girls and teenage boys. Along with people older than the "teen" level?

In other words, she's hugely popular.

But hey, how about this. The Beatles are only as popular as they are now, because "Teenage girls" liked them back in the 60's.

Actually according to youtube most of her listeners are TEEN GIRLS and TEEN BOYS and Men in there late 20s- early 50s.

mM
kooties said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Back to reality....Lady Gaga is nothing more than a gimmick. Period. She wont define any generation and she is definately not on the same level as Kurt Cabain, John Lennon, Jim Morrison, or Jimmy Hendrix (people who actually defined Generations because there music meant something and wasnt just a catchy beat with a digitally enhanced voice) 

typical elitist bullshit.

Not generation defining? She's become one of the most recognized artists of the late noughties and she's only done two albums so far. The era of music is defined by what was the most visible / popular at that time, and not what a minority thought was the best of the era. (Personally Vedder > Cobain)

Also it's really easy to easily to simplify artists to the point of easy dismissal, such as the tired shoegazers, 4 powerchord songs, average vocalists, and simple pentatonic soloists that you just listed. (I don't mean that, I love The Doors and Nirvana, but the way you presented that argument is akin to the typical elitist that listens only to local scene and the 5 bands he heard as a kid.)

You have quite the vivid imagination,lol. First of all what is the late noughties? I though this was the 2010's. Now to address your first statement. What defines an era of music is not always necessarily what gets the most radio airplay or is played on MTV constantly. Brittany spears sold millions of albums, ect, and years later is literally completely forgotten about (because her music meant nothing) It's music with meaning that actually reaches people in that generation that ends up defining it.

How am I being an elitist? I gave a short list of musicians who actually defined generations and I can add more (Thome Yorke,Black Francis, Layne Staley, Eddie Vedder, Trent Reznor, Maynard Keenan).Here's also a more  recent list of artists who have more talent in their left finger than Lady Gaga? ( Muse,  Arcade Fire, Avenge Sevenfold, Shinedown, Stone Sour).

My main point was is that she will not define a generation. She brings nothing original to the music scene besides the costume's she wears on stage (her image was manufactured by the record company anyways). There's nothing wrong in listening to catchy pop music but to take an artist like Lady Gaga as serious as Leo J does is rather hilarious. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Her music is catchy but her songs are meaningless and from what I have seen she isn't the smartest cookie.

axumblade said:
Rath said:

Bets are on that it's going to be just awful. An auto-tuned mess of boring electro-pop with meaningless lyrics.

Lets hope she suprises me because I'm not looking forward to having to hear all of the singles being played everywhere again.

I think you have Lady Gaga confused with Ke$ha....afaik Lady Gaga doesn't actually need autotune.

Then why does she use it so very extensively?

Also Kesha is so, so, so much worse.