By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most famous VGC users nominees: VGC points being used

If it's a true popularity contest, you should have one thread where people nominate all their favorite members with absolutely no restrictions.  Popularity is popularity and the VGPopulace decides.  Everybody who gets nominated gets in, but then you can throw in all your VGC Points rules to give the most active members a head start... if you want.

But like dunno001 said, TheSource, WessleWoggle, and trashleg should all be on there regardless of points, BECAUSE I LOVE THEM.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

If it's a true popularity contest, you should have one thread where people nominate all their favorite members with absolutely no restrictions.  Popularity is popularity and the VGPopulace decides.  Everybody who gets nominated gets in, but then you can throw in all your VGC Points rules to give the most active members a head start... if you want.

But like dunno001 said, TheSource, WessleWoggle, and trashleg should all be on there regardless of points, BECAUSE I LOVE THEM.

That is actually a very valid point.  There are tons of users who have less than 10 avg posts per day that are more worthy than some of the people on the list you have.  Just because they post a lot doesn't mean that people like them/they are popular... maybe infamous would be a better word for some of those people :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Severance said:

if i am still using my old account i would be ontop of Seece.

QFT

Also the point thing is kind of weird.. you can get over 50,000 points with 10 posts on the board average but you could be a friend hoarder or upload a lot of art or whatever.

The top points people and 10 votes kinda makes sense, but doesn't seem fair that someone gets more "points" to start off, maybe they should all start at the same "points" level?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

It is interesting to see that my overly frequent(yet overall low quality) posts still keep me  on the list( I remember when I posted well over 100 times a day, Yikes! and sometimes I cringe when I go back and read them.), this all being despite me not posting much in the last 2 years, or at least compared to what I did in the first half of the year of me joining Vgchartz. I don't really like voting on these things, especially when choosing a negative, although I do think it is nice to give people credit or rather acknowledgment for achieving the points, especially those who've earned them through contributions(not that having many posts is a bad thing, just that there is a certainty with contributions that is not present among those whom post a lot.) Although this later point doesn't seem very relevant considering that this is a popularity contest, and not a 'most productive' or 'most contributing' one. Anyway and regardless, thanks for my addition. 

Aw man, I'd have liked to be on this list.

Oh well, I'm voting Rubang up, and Rol down. Not because I dislike Rol in any way, I love the guy, but simply because I know that he can take it. :)

Around the Network

my vote for CGI QUALITY

Trump: Dsister

Vote

(plus) Rubang

(-) zexen

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

PakChiuCheng said:

I wanna vote Selnor. Everybody loves Selnor, but I'm too lazy to check out the points system thingy. Too upset at work today.

But thinking about Selnor makes me smile a little.

HAha. Cheers. You just made me smile. LOL.

I dont think I fit the criteria of the rules. 

I'm here alot, but the rules are leaned towards constant posting ( even when there is no need ) and points. 

It's cool though.

IMO. The people on the list should be people who have been apart of VGC for more than 2 years.

TRUMP CARD - SELNOR........an extremely misunderstood member who is an asset to the xbox 360 side of the web site!

Lestatdark (plus)

NJ5 (minus)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

TRUMP CARD - SELNOR........an extremely misunderstood member who is an asset to the xbox 360 side of the web site!

Lestatdark (plus)

NJ5 (minus)

I'm feeling the love today.

I had a gaming session with Severance for about 2 hours the other day. He's not bad at Halo 3 Campaign. I helped him find some Skulls to. Definately changed my perception of what people may be like in reality on VGC. 

He was a good laugh and I had lots of fun.