By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most famous VGC users nominees: VGC points being used

Cthulhu said:
leo-j said:
Cthulhu said:

Why you left out the user with the most VGC points here?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/17078/oliist/

He has 924077 points

Also Nordlead that has 69735 points

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/5330/nordlead/

read the rules

I see, then its not only based on VGC points..

never said it was only based on VGC points =P

mM
Around the Network

TRUMP CARD: oliist

Xmanny2009X

He was a really cool guy that wasn't afraid of speaking his mind.  Which led to him being banned.  I forgot why he got banned.  I think it was because he got into an argument with some fanboy(as he said).  I think he said his name was yo_john or something like that.

EDIT:  Screw xmanny2009x  I just saw that i can vote for myself.  So i vote for me!

well since Leo-J was harrassing me (in a good way) to vote for myself, I guess I will. I vote for myself, anybody else want good ol' SnakeEyez on that list :D

MakingMusic voted up as I like his posts, almost always posts exactly what I was thinking

Darth voted down as I feel that his Hypeness sometimes get to ridiculous (and some times annoying) levels.

leo-j said:
dunno001 said:

If you ask me, it makes the thread title misleading. If you're going to use VGC points, why then create rules to not use them? And if it's supposedly "most famous", then why have I not even heard of a few of them on it? I can't lie; it really doesn't seem well thought out to me...

Well its based on those that have earned there way to the top through contributions, and they must have an average post of 10 posts a day on the forums, and they must also have logged on within the last 2 weeks.

That's just it, those that meet all three criterias, are added into the top 40 list, if you believe someone shouldn't be there, you vote them down, if you believe someone should be or is the most popular user there you vote them up, if you want someone there that isn't there you trump card them in. Simple as that!

I don't quite get why there is a need for the 10-post per day average; that one really seems to be an exclusionary rule more than anything else. I mean, you have some people who do a ton for the site in other ways (TheSource), some known for legendary threads, but only post occasionally in spurts (WessleWoggle), and some who just seem to be their own legend (trashleg), all of whom I'd argue are well known, and all are ruled out by said rule. I'dve almost suggested a much simpler way to make the "top 40" list (just points, just postcount, etc), or done a poll of the users who they think the, say, top 5 or 10 posters are, and compiled a list from that.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

darth is a puppy hater. 

darth (48) (i voted down)

pichu(51) (i voted up)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

dunno001 said:
leo-j said:
dunno001 said:

If you ask me, it makes the thread title misleading. If you're going to use VGC points, why then create rules to not use them? And if it's supposedly "most famous", then why have I not even heard of a few of them on it? I can't lie; it really doesn't seem well thought out to me...

Well its based on those that have earned there way to the top through contributions, and they must have an average post of 10 posts a day on the forums, and they must also have logged on within the last 2 weeks.

That's just it, those that meet all three criterias, are added into the top 40 list, if you believe someone shouldn't be there, you vote them down, if you believe someone should be or is the most popular user there you vote them up, if you want someone there that isn't there you trump card them in. Simple as that!

I don't quite get why there is a need for the 10-post per day average; that one really seems to be an exclusionary rule more than anything else. I mean, you have some people who do a ton for the site in other ways (TheSource), some known for legendary threads, but only post occasionally in spurts (WessleWoggle), and some who just seem to be their own legend (trashleg), all of whom I'd argue are well known, and all are ruled out by said rule. I'dve almost suggested a much simpler way to make the "top 40" list (just points, just postcount, etc), or done a poll of the users who they think the, say, top 5 or 10 posters are, and compiled a list from that.

The 10 post minimum is there to make sure new and old forum members know who the person is. This is a popularity contest really. Like I said if you want someone in just trump card them in, if the community feels that person is deserving of being in the list, then that person will get put in.

mM
SnakeEyez said:

well since Leo-J was harrassing me (in a good way) to vote for myself, I guess I will. I vote for myself, anybody else want good ol' SnakeEyez on that list :D

MakingMusic voted up as I like his posts, almost always posts exactly what I was thinking

Darth voted down as I feel that his Hypeness sometimes get to ridiculous (and some times annoying) levels.

ok I'll add u to the trump card, but make sure to vote through the voting method! I'll count them though =]

mM

Darth( plus)

Seece (-)

These are my votes.

Off Topic: so I have 4pts and never made the top 40 lol, meh looks like I need to work harder

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

d21lewis(plus)

checks lis...

seece(-)

Trump card: Dsister

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos