By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many 10 Million Sellers will 360 get this Gen?

How many 10 Million Sellers will 360 get this Gen?

2 38 13.62%

3 53 19.00%

4 83 29.75%

5 32 11.47%

6 21 7.53%

7 or more 51 18.28%

Total:278

We currently have 2, Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2.

Do any currently released games stand a chance??

Call of Duty 4 - 8.4 million, 280k sold so far in 2010. (Sold 1.16 mill in 2009)

GTAIV - 7.9 million, 220k sold so far in 2010.

Ok they're complete outside chances. but at 3 and 2 years old respectively, selling 500k a year roughly is pretty good going.

Releasing soon

COD: Black ops

Halo: Reach

Also, Kinect Adventures is bundled with every Kinect, so there is a good chance this could do 10 million.

After this, perhaps GTAV? Modern Warfare 3? Could Gears 3 get a massive increase in sales?

Around the Network

depending on how many call of of duty or halo games it gets this gen.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

3 only. Halo 3, Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2.

I would say 6.

Reach, MW3 and the Kinect game

GTAV...who knows

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I say 4

The PS2 only had 5 games sell 10 million.  Anybody voting 5 or higher is INSANE.  I vote 3.  I think it has one left in there, and it's probably Halo.  I don't think Kinect games will sell 10 million this generation.

3-4 Sounds fair.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

The Ghost of RubangB said:

The PS2 only had 5 games sell 10 million.  Anybody voting 5 or higher is INSANE.  I vote 3.  I think it has one left in there, and it's probably Halo.  I don't think Kinect games will sell 10 million this generation.

So even though Kinect is bundled, you think it stands no chance?

At the end of the day it's not hard to believe GTAV can do it, or MW3, or Black Ops, or Kinect Adventures.

Heck even future Halo games if it's good and has 4 in the title ...

Seece said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

So even though Kinect is bundled, you think it stands no chance?

At the end of the day it's not hard to believe GTAV can do it, or MW3, or Black Ops, or Kinect Adventures.

Heck even future Halo games if it's good and has 4 in the title ...

I'm not sure if that bundle will last forever.  Microsoft switches their bundles around all the time.  Maybe they've learned their lesson and they're going to pull a Wii Sports and bundle it forever, but then I'm not even sure Kinect will sell 10 million.