By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Extreme Tech: 360 DVD, HD DVD playback still seriously flawed

KBG29 said:
@MikeB

You wont get anything good out of posting this info on this site. The PS3 guys are going to agree with you, the 360 guys will just bash, and the Nintendo guys will be split. If some people are happy to pay 400 dollars for a system that is in for repairs every 6 months then let them be. You and I can be happy with our top of the line electronic that runs like a chapm without even having to maintain it.

You forgot to mention that it's future proof and has the power of the Cell.

Also, how come LA Noire is no longer listed in your sig twice?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

I didn't know it ever was, but I probably fixed it and forgot. That is starting to get kinda old anyways, We all know the PS3 has a ton of great exclusives. I think its time to change that once Jan 1 hits.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

sinha said:
KBG29 said:
@MikeB

You wont get anything good out of posting this info on this site. The PS3 guys are going to agree with you, the 360 guys will just bash, and the Nintendo guys will be split. If some people are happy to pay 400 dollars for a system that is in for repairs every 6 months then let them be. You and I can be happy with our top of the line electronic that runs like a chapm without even having to maintain it.

You forgot to mention that it's future proof [...]

It is, because of Sony's 10-year-plan. In 2016 the 360 won't have much to set against the now-unfolded power of the PS3, so it's the farsighted PS3 user who will have the last laugh.

@ MikeB
don't listen too them, i like your posts.
i learn alot from them

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ kirby007

Thanks, I think especially they did too but would never admit to it.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Good thing that most people don't care about those features.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

lol haven't heard anyone with it complain. Guess those that would complain would have bought the $10000000000 TV with a the $1000000000 HD player so they wouldn't notice such crap.

MikeB said:
@ kirby007

Thanks, I think especially they did too but would never admit to it.

I have no problem admitting that I find you're post quite entertaining. Actually, screw it, you just delivered one of the most entertaining post in recent GAF history. The part where you posted pics of your girlfriend and sister took things to a whole new level of funny/sad.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Great post mikeB, you are a great poster and contribute greatly to this site in every way possible.