By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Extreme Tech: 360 DVD, HD DVD playback still seriously flawed

sinha said:
sieanr said:

you just delivered one of the most entertaining post in recent GAF history. The part where you posted pics of your girlfriend and sister took things to a whole new level of funny/sad.

So true.  This thread isn't very interesting, but the GAF thread is already a classic.

To those who have not read it yet, check it out, it's full of laughs and definitely worth the time:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213997

Also note that it was moved by the mods from the Gaming Discussion forum to the Off-Topic Discussion forum, where all MikeB comments rightfully belong.

Thanks sinha...dude that was funny as hell!!! MikeB comments are funny, they are entertainment and not to be taking seriously!

Around the Network

LOL, glad you enjoyed it.

The best quote, MikeB on Microsoft: "They have screwed my family with their IMO far below standard quality products and customer support"

Console wars are serious business when Microsoft is screwing your family!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:

The best quote, MikeB on Microsoft: "They have screwed my family with their IMO far below standard quality products and customer support"

Or this: MikeB says: What XBox live game is better than either Warhawk or Super Stardust HD?

Are you serious MikeB, your putting two of those games against Halo 3 and Gears of War?!?

sinha said:

Actually the quote that I prefer from that thread is this :

SurferHeart : "What I've learned from this thread is that blu-ray barely looks better than upscaled dvd. "

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Well, you have made a point backed up by objective third-party testing. This is valid and unless someone can invalidate that evidence (it just seems to be a "I don't want to believe it" reaction), the point stands.

Buyers should consider the positives and negatives of every product before purchase.

This seems, in conjunction with RRoD and Vista, to demonstrate that Microsoft has poor hardware QA before releasing new products in order to get them on the market as fast as possible.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Grimboyjr said:
sinha said:

Or this: MikeB says: What XBox live game is better than either Warhawk or Super Stardust HD?

Are you serious MikeB, your putting two of those games against Halo 3 and Gears of War?!?

Quoted out of context, it regarded specifically to XBox Live.  And IMO Gears of War isn't that great, Halo 3 IMO is a bit overhyped as well.  R&C TOD and Uncharted I would put against those any day.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ Game_Boy

Thanks for posting on topic and not resorting to cheapshots.

I would wish more people joined this effort:

Please learn to be civil

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11419#end 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Grimboyjr said:
sinha said:

Quoted out of context, it regarded specifically to XBox Live.  And IMO Gears of War isn't that great, Halo 3 IMO is a bit overhyped as well.  R&C TOD and Uncharted I would put against those any day.

Actually I think your more mad at the fact the PS3 doesn't have any overhyped games currently on the console, other than games that don't have a release date.

Grimboyjr said:
MikeB said:
Grimboyjr said:
sinha said:

Quoted out of context, it regarded specifically to XBox Live. And IMO Gears of War isn't that great, Halo 3 IMO is a bit overhyped as well. R&C TOD and Uncharted I would put against those any day.

Actually I think your more mad at the fact the PS3 doesn't have any overhyped games currently on the console, other than games that don't have a release date.

The PS3's had more than it's fair share of overhyped games :P (Lair, Genji anyone?), and yeah I'll agree with Mike's statement, the PSN games I've played so far spank the ones you can download from the Xbox live store by a pretty big margin in my eyes :P (Superstardust, Warhawks, Pain, Everyday shooter, and calling all cars FTW)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Grimboyjr said:
MikeB said:
Grimboyjr said:
sinha said:

Quoted out of context, it regarded specifically to XBox Live. And IMO Gears of War isn't that great, Halo 3 IMO is a bit overhyped as well. R&C TOD and Uncharted I would put against those any day.

The PS3's had more than it's fair share of overhyped games :P (Lair, Genji anyone?), and yeah I'll agree with Mike's statement, the PSN games I've played so far spank the ones you can download from the Xbox live store by a pretty big margin in my eyes :P (Superstardust, Warhawks, Pain, Everyday shooter, and calling all cars FTW)

Lair-Failed

Genji-Failed

PSN versus Xbox Live Arcade- I really don't follow Arcade games like that I'm more of purchasing the big title ($60) games.