By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RIP XBOX 360 2009 - 2010

You get a new one for free, so i really don't see the big deal other than you being without a 360 for 2 weeks. Also alot of times when you get red lights of death i can be something stupid like HDD not attached properly or you power/video cord not working/not attached properly it has happend to me before and that console still works for me today.

Around the Network

well that sux, but nothing more than a short term annoyance

I have mine since 2006...  (2 weeks out like some peaple said :P no problems after that)

ur are like third person i heard with a fairly new 360 RROD...

Before you go sending it in, did you try checking the AV cables, power cord, etc? Unplug everything, replug it in, and try it again.  There can be RROD false alarms from power surges/outages, loose cables, things like that.

Around the Network

Time for you to open your wallet and buy another one and rise the number of sales for the 360 (at least, shipped numbers ^^). And now people wonder why the ps2 reaches amazing sales. Chaos creates cash. So does terrible-designed hardware.

FYI my GBA, my Phat DS (launch), my SNES (played 7 years on it), my GC (played 5 years) and my Wii (played since EU launch) are all in perfect working conditions. My Wii is buzzing though so far it's imho the least reliable piece of hardware ninty made. And I'm rather touchy about the operating condition of all hardware I buy.

My Launch unit did eventually die and was swapped out just before Xmas in fact despite a postal strike and it going to Germany for repair it still arrived one week after sending (Pretty cool beans really).

Imagine my panic when it died again 2 months ago, imagine my even greater panic when I was told it was now out of warranty!! Imagine my relief when it turned out the HDD was not clicked in properly... Ooops.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Time for you to open your wallet and buy another one and rise the number of sales for the 360 (at least, shipped numbers ^^). And now people wonder why the ps2 reaches amazing sales. Chaos creates cash. So does terrible-designed hardware.

FYI my GBA, my Phat DS (launch), my SNES (played 7 years on it), my GC (played 5 years) and my Wii (played since EU launch) are all in perfect working conditions. My Wii is buzzing though so far it's imho the least reliable piece of hardware ninty made. And I'm rather touchy about the operating condition of all hardware I buy.

I didn't realize you have to open up your wallet in order to get your 360 fixed for free via the MS 3 year warranty....

My memory is a little fuzzy but:  My first 360 lasted from January 2007 to November 2007 (died the day after I got Mass Effect 1, Assassins Creed 1, and Super Mario Galaxy--not on 360 but I got it on the same day as the others.).  It died again in November 2008, immediately after I got Gears of War 2.  I didn't get it repaired.  Instead, I got a new 360 in January 2009 (and sold the old one after transferring my data).  My new Jasper 360 died (no RRoD, just disc drive failure) in January 2010--Immediately after I got Mass Effect 2!  So, I feel your pain.

It makes you hate Microsoft and if you have any other consoles, you'll hate playing them until your 360 returns.  It'll pass.  Just be strong.

@Killy: apparently the ps2 that we had from like 2002 until 2010 and got played on for a crap ton of hours and never failing isn't very dependable...or perhaps we got lucky, hehe

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.