By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soul Calibur Legends, 58.3% on Game Rankings

Galaki said:
Wait. How can this be a bad game? I thought they included a lot of boobs...

As an earnest question, when have boobs made a bad game sell well?

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Galaki said:

Hello, Lara Croft.

Tomb Raider wasn't a "bad" game, per se, but I didn't find it compelling enough to require 10 years worth of sequels, ports, and compilation repacks. The original Tomb Raider on the PC was more frustrating than fun -- building a $2500 75-Mhz Pentium PC for a game with terrible collision detection, a camera that couldn't compensate for you being cornered, and puzzles that were more difficult because of the controller/camera limitations than because they were puzzles. Boring as hell too. After 90-minutes I went back to Doom 2 and Rise of the Triad.

well this isnt a fighting game,its more like action/adventure,and the problem is at the devs not the wii-mote

Kyros said:
"Why not use the pointer as a replacement for the camera angles?"

You can do many things. But I had a longer playing session with Zelda and in the end the standard controller has all controls (and more) and it is much more relaxed. You have everything in your hand I think its more precise and you can lay back in the couch.

Personally I would say for games with swinging motions (tennis) the Wii controller wins hands down
For FPS I think the results are split, pointing and shooting with Wii motion controls is fun but I am not sure about the duck-hunt atmosphere. (Keyboard+Mouse win hands down of course)
For Action Adventures the standard controller has a distinct edge
Fighting/Arcade games are unplayable with motion controls.

But these are my personal preferences.

I won't argue your personal preferences, but just wanted to comment that I have found the Wii controller scheme more relaxed and comfortable because the Wiimote+Nunchuk do not require holding your hands so close together.

When I purchased the Wii and Twilight Princess back in January, I spent many afternoons and nights playing TP for stretches of 4, 6 or even 8 hours without breaks, sitting back in my recliner with both arms on the arm rests on either side. Blowing off my family obligations and playing video games for half a day is something I have not done for a long, long time on a console. The PC ... yes, but it has been YEARS since I've done that with any console.

The only complaint I have with the Wii is the tether between the two halves of the controller. Eliminate that and add batteries to the Nunchuk (which would also add the benefit of a few more ounces weight, which I feel it needs) and I'd be in gaming heaven.

Dryden said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Galaki said:

Hello, Lara Croft.

Tomb Raider wasn't a "bad" game, per se, but I didn't find it compelling enough to require 10 years worth of sequels, ports, and compilation repacks. The original Tomb Raider on the PC was more frustrating than fun -- building a $2500 75-Mhz Pentium PC for a game with terrible collision detection, a camera that couldn't compensate for you being cornered, and puzzles that were more difficult because of the controller/camera limitations than because they were puzzles. Boring as hell too. After 90-minutes I went back to Doom 2 and Rise of the Triad.

Ah yes.  I'm not a Tomb Raider fan so I didn't think of that.  Kind of depressing to think that guys would buy a game just because of that though.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
@Girl

And of course you went to Lair cause you lost the argument, typical trolling against PS3... cause you know it is the Lairstation 3, just like the Wii is the Nintendo Chicken Shoot player....

You followed that by saying you don't let reviews tell you if a game is good, then what are you basing your assertion that it is a crappy game on? I'm pretty sure you haven't played the game, right?

Then you followed that by saying 7/10 isn't a good score, but I thought reviews aren't worthy of telling you the quality of a game? Pick one empty argument and stick with it please :)

By the way that RE:UC game you were praising has a 78% average rating, EoJ has a 74%, I doubt there would be such a small difference between a crappy game and a good one.

Tell me, was Chicken Shoot suppossed to be the godsend of the Wii? Funny, last time I checked, Lair was that of the PS3.

While I like RE:UC for what it is, I also said it was a rushed game and hardly something I'd consider a selling point for the Wii. I only brought it up to show how a cash-in can do well, not what a game should idealy be. Tsk, Tsk.

Saying a 7/10 isn't that good is using your reliance on reviewers against you, not admitting my devotion to them as a rule. Nice try spinning that though. I'll never waver in my resolve that Reviewers are no measure of anything other than anothers opinion, but I at least know enough about them to know what's considered good and bad by those who cling to them. Isn't it funny, ever since the PS3 came along I can't imagine a time that reviews have mattered so much to people.

Watching people bailing water out of a sinking ship is fun to watch sometimes, but its just annoying when they try and convince you the ship isn't sinking. Windbane starting this whole conversation with trolling yet now you only take issue with me for what you alledge is trolling, I wonder what side you swing for?

I'm sure the PS Eye has a bright and shining future and won't be just another Eye toy at all. Oh no of course not, it will sell millions of PS3's and show us a true alternative to the Wiimote and Six-Axis. And while we bash the Wii for casual and Kiddy games, let us celebrate and embrace a linear card game as the future of true hardcore gaming.

meh, this game looked like a cheap cop out and is a cop out. No surprise, there are better games out there.