By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soul Calibur Legends, 58.3% on Game Rankings

This is typical of first year developed titles rushing to capitalize on the Wii's success. Umbrella Chronicles was another cash-in but at least Capcom had enough prowess and professionalism to at least make it a solid game.

Around the Network

Eye of Judgment has a 74% average which is good.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I was disappointed that this turned out so poorly. I had hoped it would go well enough that we might see a port of Soul Calibur III from the PS2 to the Wii or even better a Soul Calibur Wii fighter exclusive to it.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

ckmlb said:

It's also a niche kind of game; All DS Yu-Gi-Oh! games, which are quite good, get hampered in reviews (usually 60-70 range). Eye of Judgement is very good.

ckmlb said:

It's sales aren't though, they're not terrible, but not impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is a much better game than SC Legends will be, but that doesn't change the fact that Eye of Judgment is just another luke warm addition to the PS3's repotoir that Sony enthusiast have been trying desperately to convince everyone its the next innovation in gaming, which it definitly looks not to be. But that's neither here nor there.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
ckmlb said:

It's sales aren't though, they're not terrible, but not impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is a much better game than SC Legends will be, but that doesn't change the fact that Eye of Judgment is just another luke warm addition to the PS3's repotoir that Sony enthusiast have been trying desperately to convince everyone its the next innovation in gaming, which it definitly looks not to be. But that's neither here nor there.

you first mentioned how Eye of Judgement was a bad game, then gamerankings proved you wrong, so now you counterattack with the sales argument.... stop trolling

Ari_Gold said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
ckmlb said:

It's sales aren't though, they're not terrible, but not impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is a much better game than SC Legends will be, but that doesn't change the fact that Eye of Judgment is just another luke warm addition to the PS3's repotoir that Sony enthusiast have been trying desperately to convince everyone its the next innovation in gaming, which it definitly looks not to be. But that's neither here nor there.

you first mentioned how Eye of Judgement was a bad game, then gamerankings proved you wrong, so now you counterattack with the sales argument.... stop trolling

I dont' rely on reviewers to tell me whether a game is good or not. Maybe you should follow suit. Pity Lair didn't get better reviews so you could try and convince us that it was a good game too.

You'll forgive me if I don't consider a 7/10 that terribly good.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Wow, who could ever have thought that the Soul Calibur franchise could go from a high 96.3%, with Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, to 58.3%, with Soul Calibur Legends on the Wii. Perhaps the wiimote just didn't offer the tight controls that a controller, like the Gamecube controller, offers. If that's the case, than I guess it's a good thing that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be played with a Gamecube controller. Than again, I still kind of want the wiimote to be used with Brawl, other wise it will be just another Melee. So, have you played Legends? Why does it miss on so many levels?

How uninformed are you actually? One is a top tier beat em up, rivalling tekken et al.. The other is a hack and slash, using the good name of the beat em up series to lure in gamers.

How do you ever get the conclusion that because of a low budget game the controls of wii are not good?

Pretty trollish post imo. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

So a game being no good directly links to the systems being no good? Wow genius I guess no system was ever any good then because every system has at least a few dozen games(by the end of it's life) that have controls that are just retarded! The kind of control schemes developed by a man who's taken blows to the head with a hammer. Why do we even game, they all suck! Edit: Again, this is another case of developers getting caught with their pants down by the Wii pulling amazing sales. As such they took the first year to throw out shovel ware to try and capitalize. If it continues like it has you'll see much more A list on the Wii than you have. I figure it takes 1-2 years to pull out any decent/good game. Considering the Wii was thought a fad for the first 6 months, figure around 1st or 2nd quarter of 2008 to be a good time for AAA games.

"Perhaps the wiimote just didn't offer the tight controls that a controller, like the Gamecube controller, offers"

I am normally the first who has a problem with the Wii but in this case I think the biggest problem is that this game sucks and was created to cash in on the Wii success. The trailers look terrible.

(On the other hand I think it is true for Third-perspective action-games like God of War the standard controller is pretty much perfect and the Wii controller won't be as good.)