By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (A Possibility?)

So, do you think there is a possibility that this game will come to the Playstation 3? Well, Naughty dog ended the Crash Bandicoot franchise after the Playstation, so they have probably already ended the Jak and Daxter franchise, after the playstation 2. If they were to extend the Jak and Daxter Franchise, would they end the Uncharted franchise, or would they keep them both? What do you think? Would you like to play another Jak and Daxter game for the Playstation 3, or do you think the franchise should keep the end at Jak 3?

Around the Network

They better...or I might never buy a ps3.

You don't want to buy the Playstation 3 for just one game. What about Ratchet and Clank? Or Metal Gear Solid 4?

I have been keeping tabs on this game for well over a year now. Nothing new so far.

I think they'll definitely work on J&D next, because they've expressed their love for the series, and that they would love to see the duo in hi def.

Not to mention, their games tend to parallel Insomniac's. First is was Cash and Spyro on the ps1, then for the ps2 3 J&Ds and J&D Combat Racing vs R&C 1-3 and R&C: Deadlocked. Now this gen, each started off with a shooter-ish new IP (Resistance, Uncharted), then Insomniac returned to R&C, and I fully expect Naughty Dog to return to J&D.

a.l.e.x59 said:
You don't want to buy the Playstation 3 for just one game. What about Ratchet and Clank? Or Metal Gear Solid 4?

J&D was probably the main reason I bought a ps3, so I completey understand where he's coming from.   Hell, I hadn't played R&C until I got the demo for Future, and I didn't get into MGS until after I bought a ps3 either.  I bought MGS3 on a whim last Christmas after all the awesome vids for four were coming out, and because I had fond memories of playing the MGS1 demo back in the day.  I then bought 1 and 2 from ebay, and now love the series almost as much as Zelda.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:

Ratchet and Clank was always fun....but not worth buying a system.

I'm not a fan of Metal Gear Solid....not for any particluar reason other than that I have not played any of them. 

I'm done with Final Fantasy.  

There are really only a couple "must play" games for me right now.  A new Jak and Daxter would be one, as would a new Ico project.  But in the era of the Nintendo 64 I refused to buy a 64 unless they released a Metroid.  They didn't, so I just rented the system to play Mario and Zelda.  I think (and this will rouse the feathers of many fanboys)  I made the right decision.  There are a few games that I missed, sure....but the PS1 more than made up for the loss.

This time around I am feeling the same way about the PS3.  The only games mentioned so far that I am interested in are Little Big Planet and Echochrome.  Of course the 360 is in nearly the same camp for me right now.  Viva Pinata looks fun, as does BioShock...but I can't convince myself to buy a system based upon hope.  The hope that they will actually produce games for it that I will like.

So...to answer your question...yes....I can say I don't want a system base upon one game.  Or more aptly, as I have said before....one game (Jak and Daxter) could persuade me to at least consider buying this machine.  That is credit to the Naughty Dog and not to Sony, mind you.

J&D 2 and 3 were really disappointing for me and I lost my interest in the franchise. I'm sure it would be huge for a lot of people though for them to make a PS3 game.

ENJOY !

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/12/06/naughty-dog-interested-in-using-uncharted-engine-for-new-jak-and-d/

Naughty Dog interested in using Uncharted engine for new Jak & Daxter
Posted Dec 6th 2007 1:30PM by Andrew Yoon
Filed under: Interviews

Discounting the excellent PSP-exclusive Daxter, it's been a while since we've seen a new iteration of Naughty Dog's action platformer. With work finished on Uncharted, Naughty Dog's Evan Wells had a few things to say to ThreeSpeech. The engine used to create the beautiful vistas of Uncharted will certainly be used as the foundation for their next game. "We will most definitely continue to build on the Uncharted code base with all of our future titles for the PlayStation3. We have a lot of very sophisticated systems that are general purpose and could be used for a wide variety of genres. It's very exciting to think what we can do with this tech now that it's in place and we can focus on accomplishing something even more ambitious."

Of course, what could the team be working on next? "Jak and Daxter is a definite possibility some time in the future. There is a lot of interest around the office in going back to that franchise and seeing what we could do with it using the Uncharted engine."

Granted, we'd be more than ecstatic for the announcement of either a new Jak or Uncharted game. Leave it to Naughty Dog to create characters that we just can't get enough of.

Time to Work !

If they make another Jak & Daxter title and it's like the last ones i'm not getting it, loved the first one but the others were hideous. I hope they'll make another good J&D game... and i think they will.

The Lost Frontier was originally a PSP game I think, but there was talk of making it a PS3 title with new hardware available.