By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (A Possibility?)

I can 't wait to see how the new Jak and Daxter will look like? They already have the engine from Uncharted, so next game will definitely come sooner, maybe even at the end of 2008.

Around the Network

I've never played a J&D game before but if it is anything like R&C was on the PS3 then it would be a great addition to my games library as R&C was a great looking game and so much fun :D

I think they will make another one as they seem interested in doing so, and i'm sure Sony wouldn't mind some more casual and fun games on the system!

Soriku said:
I'll bet ANYTHING J&D: TLF will be a PS3 game. And will be announced next year.

NO DUMMY, NEXT J&D WILL BE ON THE WII AND HAVE KRATOS IN IT >< I THOUGHT YOU KNOW THIS :/

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

has J&D games been any good? i never bothered to try em out

Ari_Gold said:

They were my favorite ps2 games after MGS.   They're the best platformers after Mario, imo.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:

Depends what you're into.  The first one is basically a platformer collect-a-thon.  It's very well done...smooth framerate, excellent controls, gorgeous (cartoony) environments.

Jak 2 (Which many people around these parts tend not to like it would seem) takes those platforming aspects and throws in a dose of open world ala gta.  You get crazy sky cars and even a jet board.  And guns....awesome guns.

Jak 3 takes jak 2 even further and introduces a hug free roaming environment for dune buggies and trucks...like smuggler's run on steroids.

I recommend them all, especially considering that you can pick up all three for the price of a new game.

Jak X Racing, on the other hand, probably isn't worth the dough.  It's good, but it's just not a Jak game. 

@ A.L.E.X59

I am not sure but Naughty Dog didn't wanted to stop with the Crash Franchise.

Naughty dog made the character crash when they were owned by Universal.

The license of Crash stayed at universal when Sony bought Naughy Dog so they could not make another Crash game (or they had to buy the license that somehow is stupid).

super_etecoon said:
Ari_Gold said:

Depends what you're into. The first one is basically a platformer collect-a-thon. It's very well done...smooth framerate, excellent controls, gorgeous (cartoony) environments.

Jak 2 (Which many people around these parts tend not to like it would seem) takes those platforming aspects and throws in a dose of open world ala gta. You get crazy sky cars and even a jet board. And guns....awesome guns.

Jak 3 takes jak 2 even further and introduces a hug free roaming environment for dune buggies and trucks...like smuggler's run on steroids.

I recommend them all, especially considering that you can pick up all three for the price of a new game.

Jak X Racing, on the other hand, probably isn't worth the dough. It's good, but it's just not a Jak game.

Jak II was the best, imo.  I found the car missions in 3 to be a bit repetitive.