By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playing my 1st Final Fantasy game

O-D-C said:

(Ok well 2nd if you count My Life As A King) but this is my 1st numbered game in the series. I chose Final Fantasy IV on the DS and so far Im really enjoying it (wish my characters would stop dying/leaving though...

so ya I take back all the mean things I said about Final Fantasy, its pretty fun.

Good game to start on. This game is my second favourite in the series, and the the best FF remake made so far (fingers crossed that a FF6 remake can trump it).

Around the Network
naznatips said:
You're still making this giant leap that he automatically feels the same as you. I enjoyed X, but I can't put it above IV, VI, or IX because Tidus is a little bitch, and I don't enjoy using main characters with horrible, grating, and annoying personalities. Not to mention the game has some of the worst English voice acting in video game history.

Exactly!

And glad to see so many others feel the same way as I about 4, 6 and 9 being the best, with arguably 9, 4, 6 in that order :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

FF8,FF10 i believe are the best in the series, ff4 is very good though. nice choices to start the series with and enjoy :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

fell so far FF4 is the best that iv played : p

Tanstalas said:
naznatips said:
You're still making this giant leap that he automatically feels the same as you. I enjoyed X, but I can't put it above IV, VI, or IX because Tidus is a little bitch, and I don't enjoy using main characters with horrible, grating, and annoying personalities. Not to mention the game has some of the worst English voice acting in video game history.

Exactly!

And glad to see so many others feel the same way as I about 4, 6 and 9 being the best, with arguably 9, 4, 6 in that order :P

I agree with your order, although I may switch IV and VI. IX is always my favorite. 

Around the Network

just letting all u FF fans (FFF's?) know I beat IV and really enjoyed it, my party was all around lv 78-77-76, took me 34 hours in all, very good game.

The last boss is a fucking bitch in this game.

Took me a dozen plus tries. I guess I should have put the ATB to wait, :

Anway, I never found anything about FF4 particularly enthralling. The overall combat, equipment, and ability systems were meh. The characters were meh, the story was meh, the music was decent enough.

I found the game very meh.

So anyway, here's what you do O-D-C:

FF5 and FF6 are for GBA.

FF7, 8, and 9 are on PSX and PSN.

10 and 12 are on PS2.

Skip 11 (MMORPG).

Then 13 on 360/Ps3

I think you should alternate between 2D and 3D, so that you don't get accustomed to either Final Fantasy "genre". I think you should now play FF7, then go to FF6, then FF9, then FF5, then FF8. FF10, then FF12.

Have fun!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

O-D-C said:

just letting all u FF fans (FFF's?) know I beat IV and really enjoyed it, my party was all around lv 78-77-76, took me 34 hours in all, very good game.

Good to hear. Glad you enjoyed it. Who was your favorite character?

Going to reiterate what I said earlier: ignore everyone who tells you what to play.

i havent played any Final Fantasy games yet either, can you let me know what you think of it when you're done? :)

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Khuutra said:
O-D-C said:

Good to hear. Glad you enjoyed it. Who was your favorite character?

Going to reiterate what I said earlier: ignore everyone who tells you what to play.

fav character? well I like Rydia (mostly for he summons and the fact she wasn't whiny and got the job done) and Palom and Porom were funny too. Hated that Lunarian guy, he was like 10 LV's below my party and died every battle.