By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playing my 1st Final Fantasy game

naznatips said:
Antabus said:
naznatips said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

you've got to play 10 and seven.

No, you can skip those lol.

Play IX and VI and you're pretty much done with the truly great games. If you're bored you can play VII, VIII, and X just to have something else similar, but yeah, not nearly as good as the others. 

He should skip IX and VI, since they are maybe the most boring FF-games I've played. Not counting XIII.

To each their own, but if he's enjoying IV a lot he'll probably like IX and VI better ad the other Sakaguchi games, rather than VII, VIII, and X which Sakaguchi had barely anything to do with. 

Or maybe he would enjoy those other titles even more. Especially X which is the best final fantasy ever.

Around the Network
Antabus said:
naznatips said:
Antabus said:
naznatips said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Play IX and VI and you're pretty much done with the truly great games. If you're bored you can play VII, VIII, and X just to have something else similar, but yeah, not nearly as good as the others. 

He should skip IX and VI, since they are maybe the most boring FF-games I've played. Not counting XIII.

To each their own, but if he's enjoying IV a lot he'll probably like IX and VI better ad the other Sakaguchi games, rather than VII, VIII, and X which Sakaguchi had barely anything to do with. 

Or maybe he would enjoy those other titles even more. Especially X which is the best final fantasy ever.

You're still making this giant leap that he automatically feels the same as you. I enjoyed X, but I can't put it above IV, VI, or IX because Tidus is a little bitch, and I don't enjoy using main characters with horrible, grating, and annoying personalities. Not to mention the game has some of the worst English voice acting in video game history.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Boutros said:

So you think the series has gone downhill since FF6 but yet you haven't played any FF since FF7?

So you're one of those guys.

I can look at the box, look at the commercials, look at the ads in magazines or online, watch the intro cutscenes on YouTube, and read all about them, and then decide that it's not really something I want to play, let alone dump 30-50 hours into, let alone pay for.

I hope you're not expecting me to play every game in the universe before I form my elitist jerk opinions about them, are you?

But let me rephrase it... FF7 killed the series in my opinion, and then The Spirits Within put it in a coffin and launched it into the sun.

But you're wrong, and making poor assumptions about games you've never played. FFIX is especially more attuned to the classic style than even FFVI, which is arguably closer to FFVII than it is FFIV, as it was the beginning of Final Fantasy removing the actual "fantasy" aspect. 

naznatips said:
Antabus said:
naznatips said:
Antabus said:
naznatips said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You're still making this giant leap that he automatically feels the same as you. I enjoyed X, but I can't put it above IV, VI, or IX because Tidus is a little bitch, and I don't enjoy using main characters with horrible, grating, and annoying personalities. Not to mention the game has some of the worst English voice acting in video game history.

Oh, but so did you. Funny, I was a lot more annoyed with that monkey boy in FF IX. In fact, almost every character in that game annoyed me a lot.

To all those claiming FF went emo after VI: play FF IX.

FF IV is great, epic, superb etc. It's in my FF Top 3 with FF VI and FF IX.

Around the Network

It's so annoying when a Final Fantasy thread is made on VGchartz. The entire thread goes off topic with people claiming which one is best and then the bashing occurs. O-D-C, word of advice, next time if you really want to play a final fantasy game, don't ask VGchartz, stay far away from GAF since they hate Final Fantasy there , and just play the games and judge them by yourself. The game that made me fall in love with the series was FF6 and played them all until i gave up on it at 12.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

It's so annoying when a Final Fantasy thread is made on VGchartz. The entire thread goes off topic with people claiming which one is best and then the bashing occurs. O-D-C, word of advice, next time if you really want to play a final fantasy game, don't ask VGchartz, stay far away from GAF since they hate Final Fantasy there , and just play the games and judge them by yourself. The game that made me fall in love with the series was FF6 and played them all until i gave up on it at 12.

Pretty much this.

naznatips said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Boutros said:

So you think the series has gone downhill since FF6 but yet you haven't played any FF since FF7?

So you're one of those guys.

I can look at the box, look at the commercials, look at the ads in magazines or online, watch the intro cutscenes on YouTube, and read all about them, and then decide that it's not really something I want to play, let alone dump 30-50 hours into, let alone pay for.

I hope you're not expecting me to play every game in the universe before I form my elitist jerk opinions about them, are you?

But let me rephrase it... FF7 killed the series in my opinion, and then The Spirits Within put it in a coffin and launched it into the sun.

But you're wrong, and making poor assumptions about games you've never played. FFIX is especially more attuned to the classic style than even FFVI, which is arguably closer to FFVII than it is FFIV, as it was the beginning of Final Fantasy removing the actual "fantasy" aspect. 

How am I wrong?  Are you telling me that I subconsciously want to dump money and huge chunks of time into games I have no interest in, but won't admit it to myself?  I even threw in a "in my opinion," so what I was saying is that, in my opinion, I don't want to play them.  I don't think there's any room for wrong-ness in there.  My alibi is airtight.

naznatips said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i played 10 and thought it was great. i watched someone else play seven. during the 5th gen i didn't really no that much about gaming.

i guess you can say i was more of a novelist during gen 3 through six.

I honestly cannot fathom how people do not like XII.