By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will Starcraft 2 reach 20 millions sales?

Will Starcraft 2 reach 20 millions sales?

Yes 42 31.11%

No 83 61.48%

Can't Decide 10 7.41%

Total:135

yes, i agree with you.

i want to know something about the nintendo 3ds nds games , it need R4 cards..R4..R4...ps3 jailbreak is so cool.

Around the Network

I haven't tried the onlin yet.... but it should easely get to 10M from previous owners (the now 40 year old guy with 2 kids will buy it for his laptop, for old time's sake...) and any new core PC gamer from the past 6 years that has no idea what a protos or a zerg is will still buy it because of all the press. 15M is a definite target. 20M is possible. But still RTS is kind of a niche genre... and not casual friendly (in appearance cause you just need a mouse to play the game.... though I guess the keyboard is necessary for brutal... dunno I just play in hard :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Now it's certain to sell 20 millions I think. Starcraft 2 is selling WAY faster than Starcraft 1.

Starcraft 2 sold 3 millions in it's first month.

Starcraft sold 1.5 million in it's first 9 months.

shio said:

Now it's certain to sell 20 millions I think. Starcraft 2 is selling WAY faster than Starcraft 1.

Starcraft 2 sold 3 millions in it's first month.

Starcraft sold 1.5 million in it's first 9 months.

Several questions. That figure would be digital and retail correct?

Does the 3 million include South Korea?

The figures given are for worldwide sales, so yeah, that includes South Korea. The press release didn't explicitly state whether it was retail and DD combined, but it'd be a bit odd just to give retail only figures.

Around the Network

Nein. Unless maybe it includes battle.net sales.

Above: still the best game of the year.

I don't know if it's retail and digital combined. It would make sense that it was both, but Activision never released digital sales of PC games before.

Either way, this 3 million figure doesn't take into account the revenue gotten from subscriptions, which Starcraft 2 has in some countries.

NiKKoM said:

With 20 million it would be the best selling PC game ever? with the first "the Sims" now at 16 million..

IMO It hasn't got that casual appeal to push it over 16 million...

I think Myst sold something like 27 million copies.