By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you think illegals are good people, you're a rasist.

steverhcp02 said:
Leunam said:

Why does everyone equal illegals to mexicans? Unless, of course, you're refering specifically to them just for illustration purposes.

I agree with your point. People need to do things the legal way. It took me 14 years to finish the immigration process and seeing all these people crossing the border just like that... it doesn't feel good.

This is the real problem and why i sympathize with "illegals"

The gun analogy is so off base, Mafoo. How longs the process to legally own a gun? Not long, right? To stay within that scope its reasonable to say if someone wants a gun they can start the process and have a gun rather quickly.

There is a gray area obviously, but im of th emind that when people dont want a gun on record its not to go to the range or shoot a bird.

I also understand its illegal to cross our border yadayadayada but the fact people have to wait 14 years, if you have a family in a terrible situation im not going to judge someone for not wanting their kids to grow up in that situation and for trying to get the hell out of that situation.

I guess im not a black and white guy and i think more with my heart on these matters than my brain.....some may take that out of context but i feel the root of this issue is the length and process and the fact crime in arizona was at an all time low in 2008 when there was reportedly the highest influx of "illegals" leads me to believe the real issue isnt safety.

The process needs to change, imo. This whole issue is a smokescreen anyway.

Give us your sick, tired and poor.......in 14 years when youll all probably be dead.

It took him 14 years to complete it, not 14 years to get into the US and start improving his life.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
steverhcp02 said:

Also:

http://www.9500liberty.com/index.html

Great video and it proves my point as well as hits home to me in AZ as to what is probably going to happen if our stupid law isn't reversed back to the perfectly fine way it was prior.

I agree. People get so jacked up on these animal core instincts they forget the real implications socially, culterally and economically.

Ive been waiting to screen the whole documentary for a while since im in Ohio i havent really had a chance but if this happens on a larger scale it will be devastating.

Im so fucking sick of us never learning from mistakes as people. Even something so recently we can apply like 9500liberty.

TheRealMafoo said:
steverhcp02 said:
Leunam said:

Why does everyone equal illegals to mexicans? Unless, of course, you're refering specifically to them just for illustration purposes.

I agree with your point. People need to do things the legal way. It took me 14 years to finish the immigration process and seeing all these people crossing the border just like that... it doesn't feel good.

This is the real problem and why i sympathize with "illegals"

The gun analogy is so off base, Mafoo. How longs the process to legally own a gun? Not long, right? To stay within that scope its reasonable to say if someone wants a gun they can start the process and have a gun rather quickly.

There is a gray area obviously, but im of th emind that when people dont want a gun on record its not to go to the range or shoot a bird.

I also understand its illegal to cross our border yadayadayada but the fact people have to wait 14 years, if you have a family in a terrible situation im not going to judge someone for not wanting their kids to grow up in that situation and for trying to get the hell out of that situation.

I guess im not a black and white guy and i think more with my heart on these matters than my brain.....some may take that out of context but i feel the root of this issue is the length and process and the fact crime in arizona was at an all time low in 2008 when there was reportedly the highest influx of "illegals" leads me to believe the real issue isnt safety.

The process needs to change, imo. This whole issue is a smokescreen anyway.

Give us your sick, tired and poor.......in 14 years when youll all probably be dead.

It took him 14 years to complete it, not 14 years to get into the US and start improving his life.

So youre saying the process is easy enough to where a family should simply hold tight rather than chance moving across an imaginary line? 

The main problem is you assume the worst in people, i assume there are some bad apples. Even if you want to use numbers, your 1:5, id take helping 80% of people and work on reducing the 20% than destroying everyones life in one fell swoop.

TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

Let me put it simply, there is statistically a higher rate of murders commited by African Americans. Would you find it offensive if I said that blacks are murderers and bad people? I sure as hell would, because only a very very small percentage of the population actually are (though comparative percentages make it look far larger). You're using statistics to stereotype basically.

You don't get to delete this just yet ;)

to be clear, while the number of blacks who commit murder is higher, the real cause of murder is more economic, then it is racial. The number of very poor white people who commit murder is the same as poor black people, and the number of middle class and upper class black people who commit murder is the same as white people.

It just happens they there is a disproportionate number of black people who are poor, so it slants the figures.

How about we approach this differently....

Today the US chooses who they let into there country. They might chose based on criminal record, volume of immigrants, education background, whatever they chose. What your saying, is the US has no right to make that call, that whoever wants to enter the US has a right to be here, and regardless of what the US governments thinks about it, the immigrants are right.

Is that your position?

No dammit. Have you not read my posts saying I agree that the USA cannot allow the current flow of illegal immigration to continue? I'm pretty sure I've posted it at least twice so far in this thread. I'm just saying that you're unfairly demonizing the illegal immigrants as being 'bad people'.

Also if you look at the economic demographics you will find that hispanics are generally in the same area as African Americans.

Also the only reason I deleted that is because I felt it added nothing to my post and had the possibility of becoming a distraction.

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>MARCUSDJACKSON said:</strong><br /><p>so tourist are fare people, illegals are bad, and citizens that are Mexicans could be mistaken for illegals and get deported cause they have no id. you can say it doesn't happen or it's not suppose to happen but facing facts it does.</p> <p>hey i got's an idea? deport everybody that has an accent, and that should solve the problem or is that the stupidest idea you ever heard?</p> <p>so if i line 5 random illegals up, one of them will or have committed a crime. i don't know? sounds like BS to me!</p></td></tr></table><br /><br />

First off, I highly doubt that any citizen would be deported for not having ID. At worst case an individual who was a citizen but had remarkably poor language skills would be detained for a very short period of time until paperwork was provided that demonstrated their citizenship. Realistically, I wouldn’t expect this to happen in more than 0.01% of cases being that someone who had been in the country long enough to be a citizen would (likely) develop language skills and mannerisms that would make it unlikely that they were suspected of being an illegal immigrant; and most citizens would carry enough identification that most police officers would be convinced of their status.

I have a question though, how is it fair that someone who subverted the system and jumped the line is allowed to stay in the country when there are so many more qualified potential immigrants that are waiting for their opportunity to immigrate to the United States? Would you think that it was fair if it affected you? What if you were 10th in line for a fancy electronic device and someone butted in at the front of the line 2 minutes before the store opened and there was only 10 of these devices available, would you think that it was fair that they got one when you waited in line for 2 days to get it?

Around the Network
Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

Let me put it simply, there is statistically a higher rate of murders commited by African Americans. Would you find it offensive if I said that blacks are murderers and bad people? I sure as hell would, because only a very very small percentage of the population actually are (though comparative percentages make it look far larger). You're using statistics to stereotype basically.

to be clear, while the number of blacks who commit murder is higher, the real cause of murder is more economic, then it is racial. The number of very poor white people who commit murder is the same as poor black people, and the number of middle class and upper class black people who commit murder is the same as white people.

It just happens they there is a disproportionate number of black people who are poor, so it slants the figures.

Today the US chooses who they let into there country. They might chose based on criminal record, volume of immigrants, education background, whatever they chose. What your saying, is the US has no right to make that call, that whoever wants to enter the US has a right to be here, and regardless of what the US governments thinks about it, the immigrants are right.

Is that your position?

No dammit. Have you not read my posts saying I agree that the USA cannot allow the current flow of illegal immigration to continue? I'm pretty sure I've posted it at least twice so far in this thread. I'm just saying that you're unfairly demonizing the illegal immigrants as being 'bad people'.

Also if you look at the economic demographics you will find that hispanics are generally in the same area as African Americans.

Also the only reason I deleted that is because I felt it added nothing to my post and had the possibility of becoming a distraction.

Well read my posts please. I never said illegales are all bad people.

Lets say your in a car accident and badly injured with a small kid, but the kid was just fine, and you needed leave him with someone while you were taken to the hospital. You expected them to take your kid to the hospital waiting room. Let's say you also knew no one at the scene.

There were two groups of people there you could leave him with. One group looked like some gang members overlooking the accident, and the other group were police officers.

Are you telling me you think the average chance that leaving your child with either group would yield the same results?

I hope your not. Now I am sure there are people in the group that look like gang members that will do the right thing, but on average, the odds are not in there favor.

Now let's say those two groups of people were Legal Mexicans on one side, and illegal Mexicans on the other.

I think what your telling me, is you think there is absolutely no statistical difference in outcome based on what group you leave your kid with. If that's what your saying, I am telling you your wrong.

HappySqurriel said:

First off, I highly doubt that any citizen would be deported for not having ID. At worst case an individual who was a citizen but had remarkably poor language skills would be detained for a very short period of time until paperwork was provided that demonstrated their citizenship.

I am an American, and speak perfect English. I am sure if I was stopped, and refused to show an officer any identification, I would be detained for longer then "a very short period".

TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

Is that your position?

Lets say your in a car accident and badly injured with a small kid, but the kid was just fine, and you needed leave him with someone while you were taken to the hospital. You expected them to take your kid to the hospital waiting room. Let's say you also knew no one at the scene.

There were two groups of people there you could leave him with. One group looked like some gang members overlooking the accident, and the other group were police officers.

Are you telling me you think the average chance that leaving your child with either group would yield the same results?

I hope your not. Now I am sure there are people in the group that look like gang members that will do the right thing, but on average, the odds are not in there favor.

Now let's say those two groups of people were Legal Mexicans on one side, and illegal Mexicans on the other.

I think what your telling me, is you think there is absolutely no statistical difference in outcome based on what group you leave your kid with. If that's what your saying, I am telling you your wrong.

Why dont you make it a fair analogy. How about dirty cops who work skim off drug busts and get prostitues vs people who look like gang bangers that attend a community college and all have no criminal records?

Mafoo, your analogies are ridiculous and dont actually pose intelligent thought or discussion, we all have biases and judgments, would i want a child molester watch my kids? no. Would i let a stranger watch my kids? no? So does that mean i feel a stranger is as bad as a child molester? Absolutely not, but if I had to choose? Obviously the stranger....oh wait then it turns out hes a murderer, becuse the thing about REAL LIFE is you dont get to make up fancy little scenerios to suit your argument, there are more variables with real outcomes affecting real lives.

Id rather side with the people who say theres no way to get it perfect but lets help 80% than people who say we have 20% bad in a group of 100% so everyones out.

TheRealMafoo said:

Argh. I can't believe you deny calling illegal immigrants bad people and then compare them as a group to gang members. I'm giving up on this.

TheRealMafoo said:
HappySqurriel said:

First off, I highly doubt that any citizen would be deported for not having ID. At worst case an individual who was a citizen but had remarkably poor language skills would be detained for a very short period of time until paperwork was provided that demonstrated their citizenship.

I am an American, and speak perfect English. I am sure if I was stopped, and refused to show an officer any identification, I would be detained for longer then "a very short period".

Its all relative ...

I highly doubt someone who was in the country legally would have difficulty providing evidence of their status within a couple of hours of being detained; and (while I know nothing of Arizona's infrastructure) I would expect that simply providing the police with your name and address would enable them to look up your drivers licence information (with picture) if you had one which would resolve the issue instantaneously.