By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you think illegals are good people, you're a rasist.

Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Well read my posts please. I never said illegales are all bad people.

Lets say your in a car accident and badly injured with a small kid, but the kid was just fine, and you needed leave him with someone while you were taken to the hospital. You expected them to take your kid to the hospital waiting room. Let's say you also knew no one at the scene.

There were two groups of people there you could leave him with. One group looked like some gang members overlooking the accident, and the other group were police officers.

Are you telling me you think the average chance that leaving your child with either group would yield the same results?

I hope your not. Now I am sure there are people in the group that look like gang members that will do the right thing, but on average, the odds are not in there favor.

Now let's say those two groups of people were Legal Mexicans on one side, and illegal Mexicans on the other.

I think what your telling me, is you think there is absolutely no statistical difference in outcome based on what group you leave your kid with. If that's what your saying, I am telling you your wrong.

Argh. I can't believe you deny calling illegal immigrants bad people and then compare them as a group to gang members. I'm giving up on this.

I can't believe you said everyone who "looked like some gang members" was bad. Most people who look like a gang member, are good people.

Sorry you can't recognize the difference between a statistical average, and an absolut.

I am not calling everyone who comes over illegal bad people, I will say 99% of all murders who enter this country, do so illegally. If I eliminate that group as a pool to chose from, I have eliminated 99% of all murderers. I have said nothing about the rest of that group. They could very well all be fine people.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
TheRealMafoo said:
HappySqurriel said:

First off, I highly doubt that any citizen would be deported for not having ID. At worst case an individual who was a citizen but had remarkably poor language skills would be detained for a very short period of time until paperwork was provided that demonstrated their citizenship.

I am an American, and speak perfect English. I am sure if I was stopped, and refused to show an officer any identification, I would be detained for longer then "a very short period".

Its all relative ...

I highly doubt someone who was in the country legally would have difficulty providing evidence of their status within a couple of hours of being detained; and (while I know nothing of Arizona's infrastructure) I would expect that simply providing the police with your name and address would enable them to look up your drivers licence information (with picture) if you had one which would resolve the issue instantaneously.

That was my point. The things people worry about happening with respect to detention if stopped with no proof of who you are, happens to everyone, regardless of nationality.

TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so tourist are fare people, illegals are bad, and citizens that are Mexicans could be mistaken for illegals and get deported cause they have no id. you can say it doesn't happen or it's not suppose to happen but facing facts it does.

hey i got's an idea? deport everybody that has an accent, and that should solve the problem or is that the stupidest idea you ever heard?

so if i line 5 random illegals up, one of them will or have committed a crime. i don't know? sounds like BS to me!

Yea, sure, because someone here on vacation is going to be confused with an illegal immigrant. Give me a break.

the news. it's already happened. theres your break

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
TheRealMafoo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so tourist are fare people, illegals are bad, and citizens that are Mexicans could be mistaken for illegals and get deported cause they have no id. you can say it doesn't happen or it's not suppose to happen but facing facts it does.

hey i got's an idea? deport everybody that has an accent, and that should solve the problem or is that the stupidest idea you ever heard?

so if i line 5 random illegals up, one of them will or have committed a crime. i don't know? sounds like BS to me!

Yea, sure, because someone here on vacation is going to be confused with an illegal immigrant. Give me a break.

the news. it's already happened. theres your break

Link please?

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Murder isn't relevant.

Sure it is.  You're arguement is people can argue it's ok because it predates international law.   So does murder. 

You can't argue either is justifiable... period.

Murder doesn't relate to this topic, the historical movement of people does.

Except for the fact that your point has been completely disproven by the mention of it.

So... very relevent.

Your just being stubborn because you've been proven wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Fallacy.

The historical movement of people throughout time is related to the argument at hand. The murder of people does not, unless the illegal migrants kill border guards as their means of entry into the country.

Or... you know... truth.

I've proven that you can't justify the historical movement of people through time, because the same justification could be used for the murder of people.

You are using an invalid justification.

HappySqurriel said:
TheRealMafoo said:
HappySqurriel said:

First off, I highly doubt that any citizen would be deported for not having ID. At worst case an individual who was a citizen but had remarkably poor language skills would be detained for a very short period of time until paperwork was provided that demonstrated their citizenship.

I am an American, and speak perfect English. I am sure if I was stopped, and refused to show an officer any identification, I would be detained for longer then "a very short period".

Its all relative ...

I highly doubt someone who was in the country legally would have difficulty providing evidence of their status within a couple of hours of being detained; and (while I know nothing of Arizona's infrastructure) I would expect that simply providing the police with your name and address would enable them to look up your drivers licence information (with picture) if you had one which would resolve the issue instantaneously.

Come to think of it... I think that's how my info got looked up once.  One time I got pulled over for turning on red when there was a no turn on red during school days.

It was summer but apparently that didn't matter.  Forgot my liscense.  Gave them some info and they looked it up.

How the hell are these threads ending up on a gaming site. Quite frankly I don't agree with your point of view and I don't care to discuss this. I don't come to this site to read the nonsense you've put forth in this thread. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Wichdog69

wichdog69 said:

How the hell are these threads ending up on a gaming site. Quite frankly I don't agree with your point of view and I don't care to discuss this. I don't come to this site to read the nonsense you've put forth in this thread. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Then please don't come into off-topic.

Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Murder isn't relevant.

Sure it is.  You're arguement is people can argue it's ok because it predates international law.   So does murder. 

You can't argue either is justifiable... period.

Murder doesn't relate to this topic, the historical movement of people does.

Except for the fact that your point has been completely disproven by the mention of it.

So... very relevent.

Your just being stubborn because you've been proven wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Fallacy.

The historical movement of people throughout time is related to the argument at hand. The murder of people does not, unless the illegal migrants kill border guards as their means of entry into the country.

Or... you know... truth.

I've proven that you can't justify the historical movement of people through time, because the same justification could be used for the murder of people.

You are using an invalid justification.

Chalk vs cheese.

Theres no link between murder and the movement of people throughout time. Just because both have happened throughout history doesn't mean anything. People have built buildings throughout time, but that doesn't have anything to do with murder or the migration of people.

People have always migrated from areas where they have low welfare to areas where they believe they will have higher welfare. Thats how humanity spread around the globe and crossed Oceans to Australia, the Americas etc. Until recently there has never been a moral argument against people migrating to different areas whereas there has always been a moral judgement placed upon those who kill others, especially if they are part of the same group.