By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you think illegals are good people, you're a rasist.

WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Murder isn't relevant.

Sure it is.  You're arguement is people can argue it's ok because it predates international law.   So does murder. 

You can't argue either is justifiable... period.

Murder doesn't relate to this topic, the historical movement of people does.

Except for the fact that your point has been completely disproven by the mention of it.

So... very relevent.

Your just being stubborn because you've been proven wrong.

Around the Network
Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

Your post (the OP) actually made me somewhat angry.Your broad generalisation of these people as being immoral is somewhat offensive to me.

When you consider that these people are risking their lives to survive on the absolute minimum of what the USA offers is an indication of what they are leaving behind. For the most part illegals are just people seeking a better life, especially for their children, than the one they were leaving behind. You're speaking from a position of privelege casting down judgement in my opinion.

Also your post almost entirely relies on a flawed premise. Illegality does not mean immorality. Breaching the immigration laws of the USA does not automatically make these people any less moral in my opinion.

You seem to be coming from a position of caring. How about caring about the 2,000 people that will be murdered in the next 12 months, because there government failed them. How about the 130,000 people who will be sexually offended because there country failed them.

Are they not worthy of your compassion? Do they not have a voice? Most of them are poor and minorities too, if that makes it easier for you.

I have used this analogy in many ways now in this thread, and I have yet to have anyone challenge me on it... I will use it again...

If 95% of the people who broke into your home, somehow left with both parties improved (yours and theres), and the other 5% raped or murdered people, should we stop prosecuting breaking and entering?

Funny how when I put it that way, no one seems to want to say "yes", and illegal immigration is the exact same thing.

Did I ever say that illegal immigration isn't a problem?

I believe it really is a problem the USA has to deal with. I just think that saying all illegal immigrants are immoral is offensive and completely lacking in compassion.

I never said all. In fact, I said the oposite. But the problem we have, is people think about someone crossing the border illegally, and the first thing that pops into there head is the average mexican.

They are not the same. The average American who steels peoples mail, is not the average American.

The first thing we need to do before we can improve things, is to educate them on the fact that a disproportionately large percentage of people who cross the border illegally are not good people.

TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:

Your post (the OP) actually made me somewhat angry.Your broad generalisation of these people as being immoral is somewhat offensive to me.

When you consider that these people are risking their lives to survive on the absolute minimum of what the USA offers is an indication of what they are leaving behind. For the most part illegals are just people seeking a better life, especially for their children, than the one they were leaving behind. You're speaking from a position of privelege casting down judgement in my opinion.

Also your post almost entirely relies on a flawed premise. Illegality does not mean immorality. Breaching the immigration laws of the USA does not automatically make these people any less moral in my opinion.

You seem to be coming from a position of caring. How about caring about the 2,000 people that will be murdered in the next 12 months, because there government failed them. How about the 130,000 people who will be sexually offended because there country failed them.

Are they not worthy of your compassion? Do they not have a voice? Most of them are poor and minorities too, if that makes it easier for you.

I have used this analogy in many ways now in this thread, and I have yet to have anyone challenge me on it... I will use it again...

If 95% of the people who broke into your home, somehow left with both parties improved (yours and theres), and the other 5% raped or murdered people, should we stop prosecuting breaking and entering?

Funny how when I put it that way, no one seems to want to say "yes", and illegal immigration is the exact same thing.

Did I ever say that illegal immigration isn't a problem?

I believe it really is a problem the USA has to deal with. I just think that saying all illegal immigrants are immoral is offensive and completely lacking in compassion.

I never said all. In fact, I said the oposite. But the problem we have, is people think about someone crossing the border illegally, and the first thing that pops into there head is the average mexican.

They are not the same. The average American who steels peoples mail, is not the average American.

The first thing we need to do before we can improve things, is to educate them on the fact that a disproportionately large percentage of people who cross the border illegally are not good people.

My point is that I don't think that people who cross the border are really that much more likely to not be good people than any other person. The majority of them are simply seeking a better life for them and their families - a life that isn't just isn't possible in the third world.

You're once again comparing two completely different acts (stealing mail and illegal immigration) that are only linked by their illegality and are somehow coming to the conclusion that that makes both of them immoral.

Were mexicans just compared to property ownership? At least now I get where the racist portion of the title comes in.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

You're quite wrong. I visited the US this summer, and at least in California, I think I could have easily had a good time without knowing english. There are a lot of people there that talk spanish now, and many services are also provided in the language. Illegals are now an integral part of many southern states' economy. 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:
Kasz216 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Murder isn't relevant.

Sure it is.  You're arguement is people can argue it's ok because it predates international law.   So does murder. 

You can't argue either is justifiable... period.

Murder doesn't relate to this topic, the historical movement of people does.

Except for the fact that your point has been completely disproven by the mention of it.

So... very relevent.

Your just being stubborn because you've been proven wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Fallacy.

The historical movement of people throughout time is related to the argument at hand. The murder of people does not, unless the illegal migrants kill border guards as their means of entry into the country.

so tourist are fare people, illegals are bad, and citizens that are Mexicans could be mistaken for illegals and get deported cause they have no id. you can say it doesn't happen or it's not suppose to happen but facing facts it does.

hey i got's an idea? deport everybody that has an accent, and that should solve the problem or is that the stupidest idea you ever heard?

so if i line 5 random illegals up, one of them will or have committed a crime. i don't know? sounds like BS to me!

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so tourist are fare people, illegals are bad, and citizens that are Mexicans could be mistaken for illegals and get deported cause they have no id. you can say it doesn't happen or it's not suppose to happen but facing facts it does.

hey i got's an idea? deport everybody that has an accent, and that should solve the problem or is that the stupidest idea you ever heard?

so if i line 5 random illegals up, one of them will or have committed a crime. i don't know? sounds like BS to me!

it IS bullshit

You think Mexicans have it bad?

Every Spanish person I speak to that is not El Salvadorian hates El Salvadorians.

Could of course have something to do with Long Island having 4 big gang hotspots where many young spanish teens keep getting killed by members of MS13.

Anyways, many people here feel they are violent people and here illegally. Enough to the point where members of others gangs such as Latin Kings, Blood and Crips try to keep their distance if possible.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ffirebrand_cloud said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

it IS bullshit

happy you agree