By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 To Have 3 Weeks In A Row With Atleast 1 Game With A 1 Mill + Opening ?

Jay520 said:

When does Need 4 Speed release?

Nov. 16th

PSN ID: getrdone25

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Notorious AIG......LBP2 is the one thats unlikely in there, maybe if you found a week before GT5 that has a big game?

I don't think that their is a game big enough that comes before GT5 that will achieve a 1 Mill WW FW.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darthdevidem01 said:
JPH85 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
JPH85 said:

Not much possible. No PS3 game so far sold over a million opening day, except for maybe Modern Warfare 2. I know MW 2 sold 2 million the first week on the PS3, but the first day I'm not sure. But you did mention WW opening, so it might be true. GT 5 is most likely to achieve this. Not the other 2 games.

FFXIII sold 1.4 Million day 1

MGS4 sold 1 Million Day 1 worldwide

That's why GT5 is possible because Japanese people would buy a lot of it. FF XIII did sell over a million 1st day in Japan, but when it was released to the rest of the world, it wasn't even close to 1 million day 1 (only on PS3). Same with COD: Black Ops. Medal of Honor has higher pre-order units than Black Ops on the PS3, so I doubt Black Ops will see 1 million day 1 WW on the PS3. 90% of Medal of Honor purchasers aren't going to go buy Black Ops and have 2 multiplayer games to rank on. And about MGS4, it didn't sell over 1 million day 1.

GT5 is possible because EU people will buy a lot of it and Japanese.

The thread is for doing 1 Million Week 1....why are you caught up on day 1?

And MW2 did 3 Million on PS3 WEEK 1.....I'm pretty sure it must have done 1 Million on Day 1.

If you have any further queries as Carl2291.

When the thread said Opening, I assumed opening day. All of those games are possible to sell over 1 million 1st week. But what I'm talking about was opening day.

Boutros said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Boutros said:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood might do it though.

When's that releasing ?

Same week as LittleBigPlanet 2.

Damn, that could affect LBP2 sales.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Boutros said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Boutros said:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood might do it though.

When's that releasing ?

Same week as LittleBigPlanet 2.

Damn, that could affect LBP2 sales.

But on the bright side you got your 3rd game. AC should do it imo.

@JPH85

Ok

GT5 will do it day 1, COD should too.

Thats 2 in a row at least.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

November is crazy!

Seems to me like LBP should have been organized to release in October before all the insanity.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

No dont think so. LBP will probably do a 500k FW like the original. GT5 and blackops will achieve that probably. Close call i guess

Gran Turismo and Black Ops are a given for 1 million opening weeks.  LBP2 not so much.  I think AC Brotherhood will outsell LBP2 in that week.  I'm not sure if it can break a million though.

Gran Turismo 5, Call of Duty Black Ops and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will have 1 Mil Opening Week.

LittleBigPlanet 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will have 400K Opening Week

DC Universe will have 50k - 100k Opening Week

Yeah November is frickin crazy!!!

WOW I AM THE ONLY ONE EXCITED FOR DC ONLINE? IT ALSO COMES OUT NOVEMBER 2ND BUT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT.IDK WHAT TO GET.... DC OR GT.