Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CNN: Kinect is impressive

Dunno if this has been posted yet:

Around the Network
damndl0ser said:
Smidlee said:
selnor said:
Smidlee said:

In another words you have no idea.

I have my ideas, yes. But he is alot more knowledgeable than any of us.

Just because someone is smart does mean they can't stretch  the truth or plain out lie. Don't forget it the so called smart people that cause the housing  market to crash.

If you consider bankers, loan officers, and in some cases real estate agents "smart people" I truly feel sorry for you mate.  Most of the ones that caused it did so with the knowledge one day it would come back to hurt them, and they continued on.  You can only allow so many bad loans to go through before you end up losing your ass.  Even if you sell those loans out to 3rd parties.

Still talking like that...

Between, he said "so called smart people" doesnt mean that he personally find them smart. In any case, being smart is relative.

Akvod said:

Dunno if this has been posted yet:

Yes everyone has seen the videos of the Asians event.

Where Kinect keeps telling the girls shes out of range and to move into range, yet she probably has no clue what it's telling her to do. 

LOL.

Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

I've seen plenty of videos where the games work. And I've seen a couple videos where they had trouble on stage. With that said, it clearly has issues in certain enviornments. As did the Eyetoy.

The Kinect is new technology. It has capabilites that can't be duplicated on the Eyetoy. The Eyetoy is just a webcam.

Thats right, eyetoy body evaluation is only software. Kinect is new technology but use the same concept eyetoy already had. Which is allright.

Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Kinect hasn't exactly proven itself better then wii's party games though, and casuals don't like to spend alot or own multiple consoles, so the fact that wii already owns the market makes it doubtful that people are going to go out and get kinect unless they really buy into MSes BS marketing

Better?!?!?! How could they possibly be worse? Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are the biggest piece of craps I ever played. I sold them and bought some real games.

I don't know why you consider MS's marketing BS. Oh right, you're bias and think everything they do is crap. No point in debating that with you.

No I consider MSes marketing campaign BS because only 2 of their Kinect games work right so far and those have issues, and thats on a stage not to mention all they do is BS in their marketing, and the fact half of it is outright lies (kinect being new tech and all that bull even though the PS eye and a wii game that comes with a webcam beat them too it)

I've seen plenty of videos where the games work. And I've seen a couple videos where they had trouble on stage. With that said, it clearly has issues in certain enviornments. As did the Eyetoy.

The Kinect is new technology. It has capabilites that can't be duplicated on the Eyetoy. The Eyetoy is just a webcam.

A computer with 20 TB of ram can do things that a computer with 256 mbs can't, it doesn't mean that the ram is new tech, it's just more of or more refined old tech so you might want to check your logic considering the things that kinect can do that the eye toy can't (or rather can't do as well) is because of the 2ed camera 

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Thats right, eyetoy body evaluation is only software. Kinect is new technology but use the same concept eyetoy already had. Which is allright.

How is a second camera new tech?

unknown_soul89 said:
Icyedge said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Do you know another device having Kinect hardware and software? Hence a new tech. 2 Cam by itself isnt but when put together to do that it is.

unknown_soul89 said:

A computer with 20 TB of ram can do things that a computer with 256 mbs can't, it doesn't mean that the ram is new tech, it's just more of or more refined old tech so you might want to check your logic considering the things that kinect can do that the eye toy can't (or rather can't do as well) is because of the 2ed camera 

Well here's the thing. The 256MB and 20TB of RAM actually do the same thing. They store data.

You could say the NES and Xbox 360 are the same because both play games. But clearly one has far more capabilities and potential than the other.

Hence, the Kinect has far more capabilities and potential than the Eyetoy. The Kinect will do things that a simple webcam was never designed to do.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Icyedge said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Icyedge said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Do you know another device having Kinect hardware and software? Hence a new tech. 2 Cam by itself isnt but when put together to do that it is.

By that logic almost every update sony makes the ps3 is new tech in the same way kinect is new tech as in not really 

Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Well here's the thing. The 256MB and 20TB of RAM actually do the same thing. They store data.

You could say the NES and Xbox 360 are the same because both play games. But clearly one has far more capabilities and potential than the other.

Hence, the Kinect has far more capabilities and potential than the Eyetoy. The Kinect will do things that a simple webcam was never designed to do.

I agree with everything but the far