By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEW OPM scans confirms Tuning, Go-karts, 70+ tracks and more for GT5

Oniichan said:

[...]

- Japan: Honk Kong with its city tracing

[...]

Wait...

Hong Kong is in Japan now??

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Oniichan said:

[...]

- Japan: Honk Kong with its city tracing

[...]

Wait...

Hong Kong is in Japan now??

Yeah sorry bit of a typo in the translation.

DAMN! GT5 Is amazing.
Better have Been worth the wait!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

hasanwhy said:

So let me get this straight. 

5 games in 1 for the price of 60? With DLC that will be added later and special preorder bonuses 

OMG, looks like 6 years was definitely worth the wait. 

Probably not. Yamauchi Said he will release the full game there wont be any DLC.

"Let me be clear on this. There is a massive amount of content in this game, I don't think there are many teams that can put as much into a game as we can."

"The launch of the game isn't a start, we are releasing the full game."

"Everything we want to put in the game is on the disc when it ships, having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched."

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/5928/yamauchi-talks-gran-turismo-5-dlc/

Oniichan said:

- Japan & Honk Kong with its city tracing

---------------Tokyo is the best racing city ... ever =']

Track Editor
- Published of tracings in order to personalize and to create every your desire on track.

HOLY MOLY!! 70 tracks Editor?

all can be elaborated and personalized to it appeal to (tuning).

i wonder how much is there going to be this tuning?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
tarheel91 said:
Carl2291 said:
nightsurge said:

Lol, man!  No wonder it is taking forever... they are putting like 4 different games into one!  Kart racing, sim racing, f1 racing, and NASCAR racing... Sheesh!

5 Games.

Don't forget the WRC

OT:
Definitive!!!

And with a confirmed Track Editor!! This game is THE game for Car lovers, Racing lovers... And gaming lovers!!

Physics works the same regardless of what car you're driving.  Once you have a transient steady state physics engine, you're good for anything with tires.

Well, at Inside Sims Racing preview (one of the biggest and most highest regarded reviewers of racing sims), they pointed out how each car handles differently and how you can actually feel the physics (especially the feedback from the track, being almost 1:1 to how the track feels, meaning you can sense the impact of each bump of the track in the handling of the car) while driving.

Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH8tFpkKYA

So, I don't see how you claim the physics works the same for each car Got any proof to back that statement? 

Proof?  Hmm, let me give this a try.  How about the laws of physics are universal?  g = Gmm/r^2 no matter where you are.  f <= muN for pretty much everything.  E = 1/2mv^2.  delta(x) = vt 1/2at^2.  I could go on.

Once you create a transient and steady state model, you just put different cars in it (go karts, production cars, race cars, etc.) and they will handle according to their design.  What makes cars handle differently has to do with tire construction, suspension geometry (and thus, roll centers, pitch centers, sprung vs. geometric weight transfer), center of gravity, suspension type, drivetrain layout, wheel base, track, weight distribution, aero, etc.  Get the picture?

Edit: I think I know what's confusing you.  A transient and steady state model is analogous to a physics engine.  It's something you put a car in to simulate the grip phemonenon.  It's used in racing to test setups before putting them on the car and even to test cars themselves and (not surprisingly) racing simulation games.

“That said, as a fan of the series, he hasn’t done anything for me in years. So in many ways he’s handing the baton to me. He probably doesn’t see it that way, but I do, because I believe that I’m now taking what he ignited in me as a passion, and taking it to a much, much, much broader level. I’m not saying it’s necessarily larger yet, but definitely broader, younger, older, men, women. So I’m really excited.”

Turn 10's creative director Dan Greenwalt

LOL

He should have waited a bit before making judgment, even more so he was speaking agaisnt the work of someone else instead of solely praising his.

Funtime said:

ultraslick said:

This is the biggest game so far this gen both in sales and quality in my opinion.

ROFL what? How can you claim that when it hasn't even been released yet? You Sony Defense Force kids always give me a chuckle. GT5 won't sell half of what Mario Kart Wii has sold. Even if 50% of all PS3 owners buy GT5, it still won't match MK Wii.  

AAAAAHahahAHAHAHAhaha. Epic fanboyism.

WOW and he's only banned for 3 days?

this game (and MNR) are the reason(s) i came back to the racing genre. gone for 2 gen's and i'm back.

this dis-spells the myth that know one carres about the racing  genre.

MNR and now GT5. Sony's on a roll.

Attoyou said:

DAMN! GT5 Is amazing.
Better have Been worth the wait!

sup guy.

all it took was the right racing game to get real racing fans into the market.