slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:
slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:
slowmo said:
BigBoobieHead said:
Blood_Tears said:
BigBoobieHead said:

Yes, some huge MS fan knows more than SONY about how much SONY'S products are selling and how much SONY should be shipping.

I agree, it's really kinda pathetic too. Sony released there numbers, it is what it is and it doesn't matter if some guy named "Reach" doesn't believe them.

360 is kicking ass right now with the new design and no PS3 fan change that. But PS3 is still doing good and improving and no 360 fan can change that either...

Yes.

Sony can't just ship and ship and ship if no-one is buying, because the retailers will tell them to piss off.

The 'real' gap is now less than 3m consoles - not bad.

Why don't you just leave the site if you don't believe the numbers. 

If I was ioi I'd ban the lot of you that make petty arguments and go around insulting the numbers that are provided foc on here. 

People crying that one console gets more favourable adjustments than another should be perma banned, you're acting like children.

I was perma banned before for questioning numbers, but if you claim that sometimes VGC numbers aren't questionable then you are in denial.

I understand these numbers are free, so am grateful for weekly data. You CANNOT however act like this site numbers are more accurate than official shipment data.

Every time someone questions VGC numbers it is because:

- They are questionable

- They strive for this site to have the best numbers

No they aren't the only reasons.  You forgot, the numbers don't fit the posters agenda or desires.

There is quite a trend on this site that the ONLY group of fans that constantly question the numbers are Sony fans, thats fact and it's very tiring over time.

I agree that sometimes the shipment data doesn't correlate to VGC numbers but they're not in any way shape or form 2 million out right now, if you think that then you're frankly nuts.  I have no issue with people who wish to contribute in some shape or form to sensible discussion regarding the numbers on this site but can you answer the following question.  Is saying the site is biased and only ever adjusts the 360 numbers and rarely PS3 numbers either logical or reasonable debate?  This site has a huge skew of Sony fans on it, there is no way it could ever be considered biased to the 360 in any way, shape or form.

They were 1M out before...

Lol, I haven't even questioned VGC numbers much here. I'm just saying that Sony can't just ship and ship however they feel.

There is a signficant difference between 1 million and 2 million...

You did question the numbers, thats fact.

I never said Sony could ship and ship but they could stuff the channels very easily as I suspect has happened.  Ultimately half a million is a reasonable error margin when discussing these figures might I add also.  Finally, you're entitled to your opinion on the figures and debate them as you please, just try and be objective when dismissing others views.  There is more than just 360 fans being silly in this thread.

that's a problem we do not know for sure if sony stuffed the channels, but my point is i doubt they needed to because they just released the PS3 to the following countries just this year an late last year:

Philippines  March: 2010

Indonesia oct: 2009

Thailand nov: 2009

Vietnam jan: 2010

Argentina 2009

Chile 2009

if you take into accound for shipping data these countries alone could indeed account for the extra unit's shipped world wide due to the close proxmity and the fact that since the PS3 is less than a year old  for the system released there tracking data, and demand may be hard to gather. but that could very well explain the extra shipped system's because Sony released the ps3 into 6 more countries since late last year. that's alot of stock you have to spread out.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

So making it simple, Jan-March Sony shipped 2.2 PS3, sold 950.9k in NPD, 500k in Japan, =1.45m USA/Japan.

April-June shipped 2.4 PS3, sold 640k in NPD and 250k in Japan, ~900k USA/Japan.

So Sony shipped 200,000 more this quarter despite selling 550,000 less in the USA Japan.

The numbers are pretty clear. Sony shipped a ton more than sales this quarter to catch up a supply shortage. That should normalize.

I wish I could make the above a new post, because it clears a lot of things up, but I have less than 100 posts so I cant.

I expect 360 to ship more next quarter, that simple. MS could sell 500k a month on average the next three months just in the USA (remember, Reach is coming in Sep, continued Slim momentum, and they sold 450k in June). That would be 1.5m sold not counting the rest of the world. So MS will probably ship anywhere from 2.2 to 3.0m 360's next (this) quarter which should give PS3 a strong run for it's money, wait and see.

Maybe 2 million PS3 went out the side door for some secret supercomputer facility.

binary solo said:

Yes I'm sure it's the case that every console retailer has massively over ordered and they are all sitting there with 100 PS3's in the store room gathering dust. That's much more likely than VGC underestimating HW sales in those markets that are difficult to get accurate data from.

Could also be that Sony have shipped a bunch of 120Gigs that they had kicking around in their warehouses in anticipation of a clearance sale to make way for the 160Gig/320Gig skus.

This

jarrod said:
gurglesletch said:
Serious_frusting said:

I think that the PS3 has been undertracked to some degree. You cannot overship because shops will not take stock that they dont need. By the way it is very hard to track europe. Extreamly hard. Thats why no one does it. Plus NPD is North America alone. What about south America?

Japan does not = Asia

No, NPD is US only.

NPD also has tracking services for Canada and Australia iirc, but they're reported separately.

You do realize that Mexico and latin america are part of the North American continent? 

Around the Network

The people saying that this is channel stuffing are being hyperdramatic morans, I mean channel stuffing is regarded as a highly fraudulent activity, on the level of accounting errors ( like enron) , etc.  Why don't you come up with a more reasonable explanation?

gurglesletch said:
jarrod said:
gurglesletch said:
Serious_frusting said:

I think that the PS3 has been undertracked to some degree. You cannot overship because shops will not take stock that they dont need. By the way it is very hard to track europe. Extreamly hard. Thats why no one does it. Plus NPD is North America alone. What about south America?

Japan does not = Asia

No, NPD is US only.

NPD also has tracking services for Canada and Australia iirc, but they're reported separately.

You do realize that Mexico and latin america are part of the North American continent? 

u better take geography again because its not true, mexico is north america, mexico is part of latin america,

but there is a central america and south america below mexico.

Xoj said:
gurglesletch said:
jarrod said:
gurglesletch said:
Serious_frusting said:

Japan does not = Asia

No, NPD is US only.

u better take geography again because its not true, mexico is north america, mexico is part of latin america,

but there is a central america and south america below mexico.

What are you even talking about. I said mexico and the like 13 countries of cental(latin) america are part of north america and you go crazy on me. I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SO BACK OFF.

geddesmond2 said:

Everyone in this thread needs to remember that VGcharts has often gotten there numbers wrong for every consol and made adjustments to the sales on numerous occasions. Vgchartz can't get it right all the time. I think people are just picking at this subject because there afraid that if that is what Sony really shipped then there getting dangerously close to overtaking Microsoft if the Xbox 360s isn't able to keep the current lead.

Get real people and stop being sensitive fanboys. At the end of the day its only sales. If numbers like this affect people that much weither they are right or wrong then I feel real sorry for those people. Yous need to go outside for some fresh are and look around you to see whats really important in life.

This

- the second paragraph

ohhh my, this much meldown for PS3 shipped numbers narrowing the GAP to 3.6m?

Just imagine if PS3 closes the GAP! VGC site overload!