By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Move : Heavy Rain Gameplay

CGI-Quality said:
Rainbird said:

I'm really looking forward to trying this out, I'm definitely getting the Move edition, seeing as I don't have the game anymore anyway.

Thank goodness I'm in a good mood today.

I bought the DLC, but it didn't work because my game was from the wrong country apparently (because of some st00pid super-region lock on the DLC), so I got a full refund on it. I figured I would wait to re-buy it until it was cheap, but a new edition is coming out! I'm so there!

Around the Network
Kantor said:

I hate to be Buzz Killington, but it wasn't that fantastic. He waved his arm about instead of moving an analog stick. On the Wii, that would be called "waggle". There was no real pattern to his movements. On the other hand, it was responsive and accurate. So, a plus for Move, and a minus for Heavy Rain: Move Edition.

I'd be more interested in seeing the normal game with Move, with Ethan doing the challenges and Norman looking around the crime scenes. That looked exhausting and monotonous.

Yeah, Move seems to work perfectly.

I'm not a fan of QTE and the only thing I can think of that is worse is having to do them with motion...

I never bought HR but if it utilizes the Move controller well (in other parts than QTE's) then I might consider getting it.

Oh, and I got a question...

Why would anyone buy a presumably higher priced Move edition when they can buy the cheaper (by then) normal edition and download the patch and play ?

CGI-Quality said:
sergiodaly said:
WilliamWatts said:

It'd work better if it had two motion controllers.

i think it would be very confusing... the "command" pops in the screen and you do with ever controller you want? that ain't logic. to differentiate one from the other, the "commands" in the screen must have different colors ... if people complain about simple QTE, imagine this!

Bingo, very confusing indeed, which is probably one of the reasons it wasn't applied.

To the topic, looks intriguing, no doubt. I'm probably going to buy this edition just because, even though they'll be a patch for the original version, but I hear this version corrects a few other hiccups here and there. As much as I've played this game and what it means to me, I think my hand is forced. 

I love Heavy Rain.  What supposed hiccups did they correct?  Do you have a link for me?  I don't want to spoil the game for anybody who hasn't played it.

CGI-Quality said:
rakugakist said:
CGI-Quality said:
sergiodaly said:
WilliamWatts said:

It'd work better if it had two motion controllers.

i think it would be very confusing... the "command" pops in the screen and you do with ever controller you want? that ain't logic. to differentiate one from the other, the "commands" in the screen must have different colors ... if people complain about simple QTE, imagine this!

Bingo, very confusing indeed, which is probably one of the reasons it wasn't applied.

To the topic, looks intriguing, no doubt. I'm probably going to buy this edition just because, even though they'll be a patch for the original version, but I hear this version corrects a few other hiccups here and there. As much as I've played this game and what it means to me, I think my hand is forced. 

I love Heavy Rain.  What supposed hiccups did they correct?  Do you have a link for me?  I don't want to spoil the game for anybody who hasn't played it.

It had some hitches in game play here and there, but it was nothing major. The Move Edition just seems to iron out those initial hiccups.

Oh, okay, so nothing specific then.  Cool, thanks.  I'll probably pick it up as well if it's better.  And besides, the game is freakin' awesome anyways.

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Oh, and I got a question...

Why would anyone buy a presumably higher priced Move edition when they can buy the cheaper (by then) normal edition and download the patch and play ?

It will probably be straight-to-half-price, like God of War Collection. And maybe it comes with (lol) The Taxidermist.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

I hate to be Buzz Killington, but it wasn't that fantastic. He waved his arm about instead of moving an analog stick. On the Wii, that would be called "waggle". There was no real pattern to his movements. On the other hand, it was responsive and accurate. So, a plus for Move, and a minus for Heavy Rain: Move Edition.

I'd be more interested in seeing the normal game with Move, with Ethan doing the challenges and Norman looking around the crime scenes. That looked exhausting and monotonous.

You are like a hair on Lady Gaga's left butt cheek. Your only reason for existing is that no-one has found you yet. Consider yourself warned, and stay away from Brazilians.

WilliamWatts said:
Kantor said:

You are like a hair on Lady Gaga's left butt cheek. Your only reason for existing is that no-one has found you yet. Consider yourself warned, and stay away from Brazilians.

Pah, I praised Move and praised Heavy Rain. I only insulted Hiphopgamer. So if you're him, come and find me, and trip over your own foot and fall off a cliff or something

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
WilliamWatts said:
Kantor said:

Pah, I praised Move and praised Heavy Rain. I only insulted Hiphopgamer. So if you're him, come and find me, and trip over your own foot and fall off a cliff or something

I CANT SMELL NONE.

CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:

I thought posting Hip-Hop Gamer material on here was a bannable offense.

Why would it matter if it's not something inaccurate?

He's making the game look bad!

Well that's subjective and I don't think Richard is "looking out" for the game.

The guy is from shillville and almost nothing Hip-Hop reports does anyone a favor.

And? It's regarding a game you did nothing but trash. I don't see why you care here so much.

Another Hip-Hop Gamer article is posted and used in the fanboy wars.  That becomes of concern to me.  I recall a prior thread where the consensus was that Hip-Hop is a monster waste of time.

In regards to Heavy Rain, if you followed what I wrote, I have stated the product is referenced far more as fanboy ammo and praised because it is a PS3 exclusive, and made out to be more than it is.  When someone called it a "phenomenon" I called it on that.  I felt the hype was way out of line for what it is.  I discussed the hype.

Now, ask me what do I think of the product itself.  Well, I would consider it a work of interactive fiction, more than a game.  And I am sorry if you confuse someone thinking something isn't all that, as "nothing but trash".