By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the ps3 that overpriced or worst pickup line ever?

leo-j said:
Its not that the ps3 is over priced, and that people are poor.

Okay, so if the case is not that the PS3 is overpriced and people are poor, what do you think it is?

Around the Network
Nintendownsmii said:

So I was shopping at walmart and like always I decided to browse the video game section. I passed by the ps3 display that faces away from electronics and turned down the aisle. Two guys were there looking at the game cases and one said to the other, "I guess they are out of ps3's." I butted in and told him they were around the corner. They walked over to the end of the counter to look at them and I started to look at the games (nothing new, not that that was any surprise) when the one that was saying they were out of ps3's asked how much the 40gb version was. I told him it was 499, and the 80gb was 599.

"I thought they dropped the price." I giggled wich i don't think was audible and said that they had dropped the price. "Do you come with it? Because otherwise it is not worth that price." I gave a hollow laugh and walked away.

So is the ps3 just that overpriced that it needs the allure of a young woman to sell it? Or was this just a pickup line that has a good shot at winning the worst pickup line award?

Obvious to me.  The guys are looking at getting a PS3 at the reduced price and thinking it's sold out when a girl approaches them and helps them unasked, then talks about possibly their favorite subject.  There is no doubt in my mind that the guys next move was to go after you, PS3 can wait, because you've just unintentionally shown him you are interested in him by starting a dialog.  He was just trying to get you to laugh.  A failed pickup line.  Being a master at failure, I can recognize it when I see it.  

leo-j said:

Its not that leo-j is the most idiotic poster on the forum, its that every one else is just smarter than he is!

Weeee I can do it too!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
pimpcoop said:
When it first came out it was not worth it, but right now it is really a toss up. Most games the ps3 has are on the xbox360 too. So it is really your choose.

P.S. what do you like better blue-ray or hddvd?

Did you get banned?!  

leo-j said:

Dude ... it's not overpriced? I tell you what - if I am faced with buying a PS3 or an HDTV, HDTV FTW. It *may* be awesome one day, but right now, the public is showing just how much they love the PS3.

And poor people can buy things. Did you buy your PS3 or did your folks? I nearly bought a PS3 at least twice, but I always ask myself why. It's more than impulse buy. I'll get one eventually, but it's not because I'm poor or can't afford it. It's because it lacks utility right now - and I am not alone. 

Around the Network

I find this one particularly lame:

Baby, I'm no Fred Flintstone, but I can make your Bedrock!

And here are some nerdy (yet clever) ones:

I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.
If I was an enzyme, I’d be helicase so I could unzip your genes.
Baby I’ll treat you like my homework — I’ll slam you on the table and do you all night long

and finally

If I was an endoplasmic reticulum, how would you want me: smooth or rough?

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Slightly old school this one but: "Your graphics rival those of doom 3!"

If you were a laser, you'd be set on "stunning".

I've had quite a bit to drink, and you're beginning to look pretty good.

That shirts very becoming on you, if I were on you I’d be cumming too

All complete winners as lines. I suggest you try them...

Yes

It is f*cking overpriced, thats what made me get a Wii. Because the Wii is $250.

It is not over priced for the technology, but it is overpriced as a console.

The devopment costs cause the games made for the system to be overpriced for software as well.

Sony renewed their 100$ offer by the way...
That means PS3 without BC at 299$

http://www.diggingtheweb.com/Video/Game/news07novdec/120507.html