By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the ps3 that overpriced or worst pickup line ever?

So I was shopping at walmart and like always I decided to browse the video game section.  I passed by the ps3 display that faces away from electronics and turned down the aisle. Two guys were there looking at the game cases and one said to the other, "I guess they are out of ps3's." I butted in and told him they were around the corner. They walked over to the end of the counter to look at them and I started to look at the games (nothing new, not that that was any surprise) when the one that was saying they were out of ps3's asked how much the 40gb version was. I told him it was 499, and the 80gb was 599.

"I thought they dropped the price." I giggled wich i don't think was audible and said that they had dropped the price. "Do you come with it? Because otherwise it is not worth that price." I gave a hollow laugh and walked away.

So is the ps3 just that overpriced that it needs the allure of a young woman to sell it? Or was this just a pickup line that has a good shot at winning the worst pickup line award?

Around the Network

First off. Is there no price tag on products in Walmart?

Secondly, It's $399 for the 40GB and $499 for the 80GB you crazy woman!

"On October 18, 2007, SCEA announced that the 80 GB PlayStation 3 model would receive an immediate price reduction in North America to $499 (USD/CAD). In addition, the 40 GB model would be released on November 2, 2007 for $399, with Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray as a pack-in. (USD/CAD)."

No wonder he was confused.

Nintendownsmii said:

So is the ps3 just that overpriced that it needs the allure of a young woman to sell it? Or was this just a pickup line that has a good shot at winning the worst pickup line award?

Bad pickup line.  I've heard worse though.

Nintendownsmii said:

I butted in and told him they were around the corner. They walked over to the end of the counter to look at them and I started to look at the games (nothing new, not that that was any surprise) when the one that was saying they were out of ps3's asked how much the 40gb version was. I told him it was 499, and the 80gb was 599.

So, you lied?

Yea, its $399, which is well worth it personally considering when I bought mine it was £425 (60GB), close to $850.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

no the line-up is very good
it is just that the Xbox360 one is better (for hardcore non-nintendo fan I mean)

Time to Work !

libellule said:
no the line-up is very good
it is just that the Xbox360 one is better (for hardcore non-nintendo fan I mean)

I think you misunderstood a section of her post.

"Or was this just a pickup line that has a good shot at winning the worst pickup line award?"

She was talking about pick-up lines:

A pick-up line is a conversation opener with the intent of engaging an unfamiliar person for sex, romance, or dating. Overt and sometimes humorous displays of romantic interest, pick-up lines advertise the wit and/or arousal of their speakers to their target listeners.

Not line-ups :)

Pretty sure that I just mistyped it here and told him the right price. then again maybe I had the same kind of memory lapse yesterday.

And no walmart does not have price tags on the systems.

Err... how does the 360 have the best line-up? I mean, we're including current games, too, right?

Bladeneo said:
Yea, its $399, which is well worth it personally considering when I bought mine it was £425 (60GB), close to $850.

Just because you bought it at a worse price doesn't make the current high price any better.