By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Earnings Announcement - July 22nd 2010

Around the Network

Should be interesting.  Lots of new product versions were released, and then there is Kin :)

kowenicki said:
JaggedSac said:

Should be interesting.  Lots of new product versions were released, and then there is Kin :)

Yes, there could be some write-offs that hurt the E&D division...

Does anything else in E&D make a profit aside from the 360?

Nothing substantial, I don't think.

Only 360 doing profit but with 1 bilion on Xbox Live who cares about kin and zune ?? Serious... Office and Windows should be strong dont know abou the rest coz im not into it...

Reserved for later viewing.

Around the Network

This is the end of Microsoft's fiscal year too. Way back in the mid-decade, Microsoft issued forecasts on Xbox products - they haven't done it in years but I'm hopeful we'll get some kind of Kinect forecast so that we can laugh at their clairvoyance or idiocy.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

$15.3 billion is less than Apple's $15.7 billion.

I'm saying they probably don't intend to issue a Kinect forecast - but if they do it will probably end up dead on or miles out. Any of the three outcomes will be amusing.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Slimebeast said:

$15.3 billion is less than Apple's $15.7 billion.

Yeah MS and Apple aren't really competitors any more. While MS still makes most of their money from software, Apple makes the bulk of their funds from hardware now.

Some things before the numbers are here:

• I don't expect huge Xbox 360 shipment numbers, because they probably did not ship much units just before the Xbox 360 Slim was released.
  • I don't expect good EDD numbers. Kin killed it.
  • I think EDD might make that 150 million profit what it takes to cross that 1 billion mark for the year

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...