By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
heruamon said:
Jay520 said:
heruamon said:
Halo_Reach said:
heruamon said:

This news of the successful launch of the 360s is making many people sad on this site...lol.

there sadness makes me happy, there tears falling = me ultra hapiness, more tears please 360 haters

LOL...while I'm pretty exclusive to my play on the 360 (Wii in the house for my kids), I was glad to see the PS3 Slim launched, since that seriously increased the pressure on M$ and Nintendo to re-think plans...maybe Sony and Nintendo will do so after this holiday season.

do what?

Move up roll out plans...I don't think many will debate that Sony launched the PS3 slim earlier than expeected...so maybe Nintendo will drop some Wii HD news on us...lol.

Nintendo does not need a new console, and certainly not a "Wii HD." Wii momentum thus far has been driven by the strength of its game library, and that alone should be enough to keep momentum going in the future. DKC and Wii Relax could be huge revitalizers that bring the Wii back to its usual high sales.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
heruamon said:
Jay520 said:
heruamon said:
Halo_Reach said:
heruamon said:

This news of the successful launch of the 360s is making many people sad on this site...lol.

there sadness makes me happy, there tears falling = me ultra hapiness, more tears please 360 haters

LOL...while I'm pretty exclusive to my play on the 360 (Wii in the house for my kids), I was glad to see the PS3 Slim launched, since that seriously increased the pressure on M$ and Nintendo to re-think plans...maybe Sony and Nintendo will do so after this holiday season.

do what?

Move up roll out plans...I don't think many will debate that Sony launched the PS3 slim earlier than expeected...so maybe Nintendo will drop some Wii HD news on us...lol.

Nintendo does not need a new console, and certainly not a "Wii HD." Wii momentum thus far has been driven by the strength of its game library, and that alone should be enough to keep momentum going in the future. DKC and Wii Relax could be huge revitalizers that bring the Wii back to its usual high sales.

DKC? I really doubt that.

Antabus said:
Metallicube said:
heruamon said:
Jay520 said:
heruamon said:
Halo_Reach said:
heruamon said:

do what?

I wouldn't doubt the influence DKC can have on sales. While the series isn't quite as big as Mario, it is very close. Donkey Kong is still a well known and loved character, and the DKC series on Super NES was perhaps the most popular franchise on the console after the Mario games. Add 15 years of built up hype, and there is no doubt in my mind that this game will move hardware, and lots of it.

Metallicube said:
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:
heruamon said:
Jay520 said:
heruamon said:
Halo_Reach said:
heruamon said:

do what?

I wouldn't doubt the influence DKC can have on sales. While the series isn't quite as big as Mario, it is very close. Donkey Kong is still a well known and loved character, and the DKC series on Super NES was perhaps the most popular franchise on the console after the Mario games. Add 15 years of built up hype, and there is no doubt in my mind that this game will move hardware, and lots of it.

Or you know, no-one except those nintendo-fans who have already bought the wii even knows about donkey kong.

I don't trust anything which bleeds red for 5 years and doesn't die! (jk)

I feel abashed by these console sales!

Around the Network

But the 360 sales have almost no effect on software. That proves that the majority of the slim sales goes to existing 360 owners.

z101 said:

But the 360 sales have almost no effect on software. That proves that the majority of the slim sales goes to existing 360 owners.

That proves nothing. It is just a theory and it does not take anything away from these lovely sales numbers.

z101 said:

or the new owners just spent all their money for the week on the console and will make do with borrowing off freinds and XBLA titles until next week...

edit: oh and rentals can't forget the rentals and second hand games you know for old titles they may have missed not owning a 360, all these things are good options when when you have just blown a few hundred $$$ on a console.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Impressive hold for 360. I'm as impressed by this as I am the EMEAA number. Are the cut price clearance skus still being sold or have they cleared those out completely?

Actually nothing dropped much at all this week, not even PSP.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Metallicube said:
heruamon said:
Jay520 said:
heruamon said:
Halo_Reach said:
heruamon said:

do what?

I think Nintendo will be fine this Q4 in America and the major PAL markets (UK, Germany, France, Australia, Spain, etc), but Japan really has bottomed out, and I don't see much hope for recovery.  In Japan at least, I really do think we'll see the Wii successor in time for the 2011 holidays, probably with DQX alongside it (yes, still for Wii 1, not Wii 2 or 3DS). 

DKC and Wii Party should be pretty big this year, but even they're a clear step down from last year's 10-million-or-more-each Wii Sports Resort/Wii Fit Plus/NSMB Wii trifecta.  On the plus side, this year's "secondary" sellers (Galaxy 2, Metroid 5, Kirby's Epic Win, etc) blow last year (Punch Out, NPC series... uh, Excitebots?) out of the water.