By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give Us Back The Old Nintendo (Nowgamer article)

Nintari said:

The single worst thing about Nintendo is the fact that they no longer come up with new IPs. I remember having an NES and watching that company CREATE Mario,Zelda,Metroid..etc. Since then, it's been nothing but the same old shit with the exception of Pikmin. Why is that? Lack of talent? Lack of interest? I don't know...but to me, that's what killed them.

Demand for their content compared to lack of development resources. They need more teams, but believe me that people would be complaining if they set any of their teams on other projects. The demand for Zelda, for Mario, for Pokemon, etc. They need more dev teams, is what they need.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
TripleMMM said:

At Pyro as Bill post:

^ I don't know, should that be a good thing, a bad thing or both???

Crap, now guiduc Blue-shelled me...

Old Nintendo are back, that's a GOOD thing.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

bazmeistergen said:

It's like Nintari forgot about the vast list of new IPs that was just a little higher up the thread, though FlingSmash was missed out...

Stupid thread with just a load of opinions on it. No real engagement in a debate.

I'm talking about core games not the junk your grandmother enjoys. Where's the new Zeldas/Marios/Metroids? Where are the new core IP's that are as good as those games? They don't exist. Nintendo's been using the same IP's since the SNES. As good as those IPs are, I can't play them forever.

Nintari said:

I'm talking about core games not the junk your grandmother enjoys. Where's the new Zeldas/Marios/Metroids? Where are the new core IP's that are as good as those games? They don't exist. Nintendo's been using the same IP's since the SNES. As good as those IPs are, I can't play them forever.

I'm sorry, I have to this just to make sure: do you mean, you can't or you don't want to? 'cause they are 2 completely different words...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:

Nintari said:

I'm, I have to this for sure: do you mean, you can't or you don't want to? 'cause they are 2 completely different words...

What?

Around the Network

Sorry, made too many typos. This is what I wanted to post.

I'm sorry, I have to this just to make sure: do you mean, you can't or you don't want to? 'cause they are 2 completely different words...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:

Sorry, made too many typos. This is what I wanted to post.

I can't. I mean, how many times am I expected to play the same thing? Granted graphics, physics have changed alot but imo, the "awe" factor is over. The last time I was floored playing Zelda was OOT. That was 12 YEARS ago. The last time I was blown away and shocked by Mario was 1996.

These games, they remain good. I'm not trying to say they suck or anything but for me it's like Christmas. If it came every day of the year you'd get to a point where it would get old. I want Nintendo to revert back to the NES days where they were innovating like mad men on the "core" side of things. It's been a LONG time since then....a long long time.

I honestly hope this article is just a desperate ploy to generate hits through trolling fans. If this really is what the writer believes, then the gaming news industry just sank to a new low.

Hm, does anyone understand what he meant with Sionara? Is it some kind of mix between Sion and Sayonara or...uh...something. I refuse to believe he failed to spell sayonara correctly...

@Rubang and Smeags

Keep dreaming.

hey it's 2007-2008 again!