By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Format war Bluray vs hddvd...

Hus said:
sieanr said:
Hus said:
^ dude what page ? hd is Eu is tiny, Br will smash it this month thanks to PS3 success.

Haven't you fanboys been proclaiming that HDDVD would be dead every month since the PSTriple launched?

Yet it's still around

Its dead in Japan, Major Australian retailers will only stock BR and geting whooped in USA.

Because for a format to be successsful it has to do well in every market, just like VCD's

WAR BLURAY!

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
Hus said:
dallas said:
Sony is losing Europe....I don't know if it is a big market or not, but the rest of the world will likely follow Europe's low-cost strategy. Sony needs to do something about this.

no proof of that.

and like every other market,  the PS3 launch will drive Br past hddvd.

You don't call multiple publications stating this fact proof?  You are relying on the simplistic analysis of the PS3's inclusion of the blu-ray to stand on...which is ludicrous lol.  Dude, the rest of the world isn't as nice or as rich, and a good portion of it lives on an average of <12,000 a year.  How are they going to be able to afford food, let alone a$600 PS3?  Hus's analysis comes from a brain-dead source, apparantly.

Everyone should know that the spike on Amazon was actually somewhat planned for April 15th (HD-DVD's birthday). Here is a link to the AVS forums for some proof of a mass organization of HD-DVD owners. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=818991 If you look at eproductwars.com Blu-Ray has been leading for quite some time in the past. Just thought I would share. Blu-Ray has been soundly leading in the Nielsen numbers since Jan. by at least 2:1 sometimes as high as 9:2.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

dallas said:
Hus said:
dallas said:
Sony is losing Europe....I don't know if it is a big market or not, but the rest of the world will likely follow Europe's low-cost strategy. Sony needs to do something about this.

no proof of that.

and like every other market, the PS3 launch will drive Br past hddvd.

You don't call multiple publications stating this fact proof? You are relying on the simplistic analysis of the PS3's inclusion of the blu-ray to stand on...which is ludicrous lol. Dude, the rest of the world isn't as nice or as rich, and a good portion of it lives on an average of <12,000 a year. How are they going to be able to afford food, let alone a$600 PS3? Hus's analysis comes from a brain-dead source, apparantly.

its a fact that Br sales surpassed hddvd every time PS3 launched in a market.

there are nearly a million PS3 in Eu already...

Lol, this was before toshiba announced their price cut, and probably only looking at sales in america

Around the Network
Hus said:
dallas said:
Hus said:
dallas said:

no proof of that.

and like every other market, the PS3 launch will drive Br past hddvd.

You don't call multiple publications stating this fact proof? You are relying on the simplistic analysis of the PS3's inclusion of the blu-ray to stand on...which is ludicrous lol. Dude, the rest of the world isn't as nice or as rich, and a good portion of it lives on an average of <12,000 a year. How are they going to be able to afford food, let alone a$600 PS3? Hus's analysis comes from a brain-dead source, apparantly.

its a fact that Br sales surpassed hddvd every time PS3 launched in a market.

there are nearly a million PS3 in Eu already...

"Source: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment"

I cant' say that's credible. I'm not claiming it isn't true. I'm stating it isn't a credible, objective source.  Any source that has money put into either format (so Warners, Paramount, and LG are included for their dual support), isn't a credible source.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

dallas said:
Lol, this was before toshiba announced their price cut, and probably only looking at sales in america

hddvd is really doing much better else where.

LordTheNightKnight said:

"Source: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment"

I cant' say that's credible. I'm not claiming it isn't true. I'm stating it isn't a credible, objective source. Any source that has money put into either format (so Warners, Paramount, and LG are included for their dual support), isn't a credible source.

The BR group uses nielson numbers.

i guess everything is not credible if it means good for sony. 

mmm, in europe blu ray is leading!

PLAYSTATION®3

credible ?

Week ending February 4, 2007

Week ended February 4
YTD: BD 100.00 HD 48.38
SI: BD 92.56 HD 100.00

Week ending March 25, 2007
YTD: BD 100/ HD DVD 42.13
SI: BD 100/ HD DVD 79.77